The Iran and Wider Middle East Thread

Same old, same old.
Israel bombed Hezbollah's positions for the x-time this year, and Hezbollah launched rockets at northern Israel for the x-time this year.
The only new development was a strike (probably with an Almas ATGM) against an Israeli patrol boat.

Other than that, just another weekend in the Middle East.

Last edited:
My friends good news from Sudan, Russia and sudan are going to sign new deal that will make Russia Sudans number 1 international partner and friend

Russian base is going to be in Port Sudan, yesterday 700 wagner guys arrive in Port Sudan, weapons will be going to Sudan and next week president of Sudan come to Russia for signing many new deals.

Sudan is important in region, much more important then mali or Niger. Big move by our leader Putin!!

IMG_20240826_120408_581.jpg

Last edited:
Got to say I’m surprised by all the boats being hit by missiles lately and not being sunk. I would have thought differently.

Each incident is different, and the results depend on many factors such as: missile's payload, the angle of approach, point of impact, size of the attacked vessel. Even the weather can be an important factor.
But to simplify it - it's about using the right tool for the job.
And in this particular case the tool wasn't perfect - a relatively small missile (most likely an ATGM) came from above, broke the aft deck (preferably, You would want to hit a surface vessel from the side, breach the hull as close to the water line as possible), and exploded inside the engine room, but the explosion wasn't powerful enough to tear the boat apart from the inside.

Last edited:
Haha my friends last time I tell you Putin say Iran to deescalate.

Then next day Iran deescalate.

Today the news that Iranian former minister Javad Zarif will stay.. Zarif good friends with John Kerry, he often at wef forum in Davis, also speaks at Chatham Foundation every year.

He for deescalation and better ties with America, and ignore Israel.

My friends please listen to me.. Russia is ok with this. Russia want peace in Middle East, Javad zarif not friend of Russia but a good partner.

Iran too doesn't want big conflict, first they choose pazeshkian now zarif, the moderates have won.

mqdefault.jpgimages - 2024-08-28T234851.105.jpeg

Haha my friends last time I tell you Putin say Iran to deescalate.

Then next day Iran deescalate.

Today the news that Iranian former minister Javad Zarif will stay.. Zarif good friends with John Kerry, he often at wef forum in Davis, also speaks at Chatham Foundation every year.

He for deescalation and better ties with America, and ignore Israel.

My friends please listen to me.. Russia is ok with this. Russia want peace in Middle East, Javad zarif not friend of Russia but a good partner.

Iran too doesn't want big conflict, first they choose pazeshkian now zarif, the moderates have won.

View attachment 11903View attachment 11904

Time is on Iran's side. There is no reason for them to escalate the situation. Just keep nit picking at the west with their proxy armies and slowly bleed them dry. Eventually the west will collapse due to third world immigration and destruction of the middle class. Slowly Iran can grow stronger and more technologically advanced while their enemies destroy themselves.

For 2+ months, no US carrier has been in the Red Sea - advantage Houthis.

There are 2 CSGs in the Gulf of Oman. Do they think a conflict with Iran is less risky?

I believe there are no CSGs at Sea in the Pacific Ocean (for about 2 weeks now). Western fleet CSGs are either in Centcom/Iran watch, or at home ports now. I don't know who is due out next. It is just an uncommon board set.

For 2+ months, no US carrier has been in the Red Sea - advantage Houthis.

There are 2 CSGs in the Gulf of Oman. Do they think a conflict with Iran is less risky?

I believe there are no CSGs at Sea in the Pacific Ocean (for about 2 weeks now). Western fleet CSGs are either in Centcom/Iran watch, or at home ports now. I don't know who is due out next. It is just an uncommon board set.
Looks like it

D8C4E078-0128-49A0-A1AB-F1197B07D784.jpeg

He should have known better, just as he should have known not to trust the Iranians with his life as the cases of Raisi, Abdollahian, Soleimani, Mousavi, Fakhrizadeh and about 100+ IRGC generals show.
As you were saying. It is disturbing, I never knew about this but recently heard a podcast :
The Assassination of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh
It's almost beyond belief how much effort and expense they went to just to assassinate that one guy in Iran. Apparently a very talented nuclear scientist, both technically and as a leader of people, like an Iranian "Oppenheimer". An enormous assembly with a remotely and through AI controlled machine gun was smuggled in parts into Iran whereby it assassinated Fakhrizadeh through facial recognition then blew itself up!

They spent weeks or even months watching his movements before deploying this device.

A great many countries have had nuclear weapons since as early as the 50s or 60s, Iran even now in 2024 is not working it out and keeps getting its people assassinated trying. Was however a very elaborate scheme just to assassinate one person.

Back