The Iran and Wider Middle East Thread

This is the smart move by Iran and Russia. Avoid the boss Israel, attack the dumb attack dog USA, by attacking them where they are located illegally and where their citizens will say "why are our troops in Syria, get them the hell out". Which in turn will hurt Israel.

Last edited:
I have no idea if this is true. If it is true, Putin has truly taken the gloves off and is coming after the USA, by attacking its allies, just like he promised he would do.

Katyusha / Grad is the AK of rocket launchers. They're manufactured all over the world - Russia, China, Iran, Turkey, etc. - at low cost, and can be easily mounted on civilian vehicles.
1723475807778.png

The carrier USS Lincoln (with multiple F-18 squadrons and an F-35 squadron) should arrive in the Indian Ocean late next week. The Roosevelt carrier group is somewhere near the Straight of Hormuz, but outside the Persian Gulf. Wasp amphib group still in eastern Med. Lots of USAF/USN strike aircraft in Bahrain, Qatar, and Jordan.

If Iran doesn't strike, then Israel will certainly issue a provocation. It just doesn't make sense to have all that firepower at Israel's avail without them taking advantage of it somehow.

Meanwhile, Iran has been augmenting itself (and others?) with unknown Russian systems. Still no attempted Carrier passage through the Red Sea since the Ike's departure. That'll be a test - bringing all that firepower and attempting (or not) passage. I imagine there will be heavy bombarding of Yemen whilst Lincoln is at a standoff distance, then a decision to approach or not. We might have F-35s over Yemen in a week's time. I don't think they've seen this type of combat quite yet. Shooting reapers out of the sky is easier than an F-35 (I imagine), but the Houthis have proven they are capable of seeing the reapers well enough to kill them.

Americans might not be watching this very close, but I imagine many other militaries are.

USS Lincoln twitter account reports they are geared up and trained with all the latest AD equipment. This supports the thesis that delays in action by the US side were to allow lessons learned and tech improvements on the Lincoln prior to departure, then time for her to get on scene. She's the first carrier to get to the ME after Ike's departure that was still home when that contact happened. This should be the most updated carrier we have to address the Houthi threat. Time will tell.

There is some up-thread discussion of the use of Ticonderoga vs. Arleigh Burke class destroyers in the Lincoln group. The Lincoln carrier group reportedly has two Arleigh Burkes, including the most modern one in the fleet. Now's a good proxy war test for Russian EW, if that's the way Putin is thinking. Reciprocity and all that. There are so many layers to this ME conflict.

Convoy of 3 choppers traveling together, only one crashed, the one with the president...

According to MacGregor, the Russians have sent S-400s and even S-500s to Iran, along with electronic warfare and radar systems, with a large number of Russian crew to operate them (4:08 mark) :

Show us proof Iran and Russia have s400 deal my friend.

Serial liar Douglas mcgregor is not proof 🙄

You are mad again my friend.

Don't be mad and show us the proof

Almoz weapons sales contracts, official statement, pictures anything is good

Good luck searching again 😁

Do you really think in the current geopolitical context that Russia is going to publish a list of the advanced military assets it has shipped to Iran??

You can't possibly be that thick, you're obviously trolling here.

Do you really think in the current geopolitical context that Russia is going to publish a list of the advanced military assets it has shipped to Iran??

You can't possibly be that thick, you're obviously trolling here.
Russia publish all its military contracts.

Russia military companies almoz and sukhoi publish its military contracts with Iran for s300 and su35, many other delicate sales to Saudi Arabia and turkey also get published (s400)

My friend you are making things up. You live in fantasy world and now you are angry because I pop that bubble.

Back