• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Texas, New Mexico and Arizona Thread

By the way, FYI, this ghetto which Arizona is, had mishandled or lost every piece of USPS mail forwarded to me from out of state. I never had such issues in any other Western state and get mail forwarded all the time. This is the level of USSR collapse disorder. They lost my drivers license replacement in AZ and are now trying to lose the 2nd replacement. They has sent my mail destined to various parts of AZ to remote native reservations or to international distribution centers accross the country instead, mail going in circles and the fat ghetto women working in post offices are completely useless. Seriously, this is a third world country.

Was in stores in Yuma, total ghetto, saw employees say they no speak English, again, or act super ghetto, the only non trashy store was Sprouts. I am starting to understand why Sprouts is so expensive now: I guess you have to pay for the privilege of normal civilized shopping. Stuff in Sprouts costs 1.5-2x more than elsewhere but can shop ok at least.

There is a military base near Yuma, which prevents it from becomng "El Centro, CA" outright but seen a couple of neocon dudes in stores foaming at the mouth about Hamas and Palestine ready to kill 'em all, so this is what you get.

Last edited:
I've been to Yuma for resupply several times - man, what a ghetto...This one takes the cake. Still way to go to LA level but getting close. All these southern latitudes are about the same. Haven't been to Calexico and don't want tošŸ„¶
I recognise your writing style and content I think. You was a prolific poster on RVF and your username escapes me but it began with an A.... IIRC you went back home to Russia over a year ago and stopped posting. If it's you, I used to enjoy your posts.

Any place along the border is basically Mexico, so that level of incompetence is expected. I can imagine how frustrating that would be. Unfortunately this is even becoming a problem throughout the rest of the US.

The only border area that seems livable is San Diego, but then you're in California and that brings several other problems.

I would be looking at Northern Arizona, Utah, Western Colorado or the Colorado Springs area. Go where there are more white people.

I have to be honest, I don't understand why the hell anyone would voluntarily move to AZ or NM. Most of TX as well for that matter. I think the Dallas area can be nice but it's extremely hot, landlocked, surrounded by desert, tornados, ugly geography, few outdoors activities/variety. I just don't get it.

Pretty much add the entire south to that.

Quality life advice would be to draw a line from Santa Monica to Myrtle Beach, and never go south of it. Not unless you're going further south to a different country.

And if you've ever seen the nature/landscapes farther north, why choose a desert in NM or a swamp in Louisiana next to a meth lab?

I have to be honest, I don't understand why the hell anyone would voluntarily move to AZ or NM. Most of TX as well for that matter. I think the Dallas area can be nice but it's extremely hot, landlocked, surrounded by desert, tornados, ugly geography, few outdoors activities/variety. I just don't get it.

Quality life advice would be to draw a line from Santa Monica to Myrtle Beach, and never go south of it. Not unless you're going further south to a different country.

And if you've ever seen the nature/landscapes farther north, why choose a desert in NM or a swamp in Louisiana next to a meth lab?
Disagree. I prefer hot over cold climates. There's some parts of arizona that aren't as hot (sedona, flagstaff, etc). It can absolutely get hot and/or humid in northern states too.

Many folks say 'xyz' states suck I'd never move there. There's pros and cons to every state. California has great weather and things to do, but horrible politics/taxes/homeless. North Dakota has great freedoms, but it's freezing 5 months out of the year. It's all preferences and trade offs. I've tried the rural/isolated life and it's not for me.

I've found it's who you're around that matters just as much; I'd rather live in a worse area with great people, friends, family around me.

Q

1)Politely climate outside the major cities

2)Texas has Gulf/desert/piney woods/plains/hills/mountains landscapes....not sure where you're going that you've not seen the beauty here but compare East Texas to West Texas to Central Texas.... All different and all uniquely pretty. Btw, go to Caddo Lake in East Texas (Uncertain Texas) the area I grew up) it's got all the gators and swamps if that's your thing. Heck even Houston and bayous here got that.

3)Economic opportunity. Many fortune 500s in Houston and Dallas and even San Antonio. Oil/energy sector and tech opportunities ensure long term job opportunity.

I've been in four states in disparate regions of the USA, and can reiterate the point about trade offs. There has been so much growth in the north Texas area since the short time ago that I moved here, but it really does seem to be attracting people I can stand(at least for the most part). America is America anywhere you go, and that is increasingly difficult to deal with regardless of who you are and what you do. But you'll have a lot more going for you if you surround yourself with the right people and maintain momentum to making something positive out what you've got.

By the way, I'll take any questions about Colorado, Washington, Texas, and Virginia if anyone's interested. Although everything posted here so far fits with what I noticed during my time in all of these places.

Edit: one more thing about Texas, is that the longer I stay here, the more I realize is going on here. There is more than meets the eye to Texas. But the climate and landscape is less forgiving than some might think. It'll be no fun to be stuck around all the Californians if/when the AC goes out in the summertime...

I've been in four states in disparate regions of the USA, and can reiterate the point about trade offs. There has been so much growth in the north Texas area since the short time ago that I moved here, but it really does seem to be attracting people I can stand(at least for the most part). America is America anywhere you go, and that is increasingly difficult to deal with regardless of who you are and what you do. But you'll have a lot more going for you if you surround yourself with the right people and maintain momentum to making something positive out what you've got.

By the way, I'll take any questions about Colorado, Washington, Texas, and Virginia if anyone's interested. Although everything posted here so far fits with what I noticed during my time in all of these places.

Edit: one more thing about Texas, is that the longer I stay here, the more I realize is going on here. There is more than meets the eye to Texas. But the climate and landscape is less forgiving than some might think. It'll be no fun to be stuck around all the Californians if/when the AC goes out in the summertime...
Brutal heat state wide 8 months out of the year minimum.

Occasional snow in West Texas/North Texas...Rare in East Texas/Houston area.

I've been caught in a couple blizzards here. One when I lived in Wichita Falls, one in Feb of 2020 when the power grid was out.

Personally my favorite place to live would be Tyler/Longview area. Mount Pleasant and Gilmer area also very nice.

Disagree. I prefer hot over cold climates. There's some parts of arizona that aren't as hot (sedona, flagstaff, etc). It can absolutely get hot and/or humid in northern states too.

Many folks say 'xyz' states suck I'd never move there. There's pros and cons to every state. California has great weather and things to do, but horrible politics/taxes/homeless. North Dakota has great freedoms, but it's freezing 5 months out of the year. It's all preferences and trade offs. I've tried the rural/isolated life and it's not for me.

I've found it's who you're around that matters just as much; I'd rather live in a worse area with great people, friends, family around me.
There's a lot of truth to that.

I'm speaking more in generalities and preference. And I'm sure if you've lived/raised in these places there is a sense of home.

But as someone who's visited I'd rather get on my bike and ride it into my garage door than consider moving to these states.

The I-40 line extended across the country is meaningful for seasonal businesses (exception of California). Anything along that path and north has enough winter to shut construction consistently. Points south get spotty weather in winter months. One week it is ok to work, not so the next. Panhandle weather can be 14 F for 3 days this week, then 75 F daily highs the next during winter months.

I'm speaking more in generalities and preference. And I'm sure if you've lived/raised in these places there is a sense of home.

But as someone who's visited I'd rather get on my bike and ride it into my garage door than consider moving to these states.

Europeans that settle here seek something different. It delivers that. Other Americans that come seek sunshine or cheaper cost of living. It delivers that but the downside is too much. 3d worlders that come to the US seek the TV dream. The SW is disappoint. It is all about expectations.

The best thing about colder states is all the white people. The Republican part of the Mountain West is paradise compared to most of the US.
Carefully a certain individual who is currently not posting is going to lampoon you as a reeeeecist....

But yeah. Rural anywhere is mostly white... Montana/Wyoming/Idaho ECT... Not exactly teaming with Mexicans or blacks yet.... But give it time. Mayorkas and Biden et all will do what the can.

The I-40 line extended across the country is meaningful for seasonal businesses (exception of California). Anything along that path and north has enough winter to shut construction consistently. Points south get spotty weather in winter months. One week it is ok to work, not so the next. Panhandle weather can be 14 F for 3 days this week, then 75 F daily highs the next during winter months.

Europeans that settle here seek something different. It delivers that. Other Americans that come seek sunshine or cheaper cost of living. It delivers that but the downside is too much. 3d worlders that come to the US seek the TV dream. The SW is disappoint. It is all about expectations.
I ran a seasonal service business in NY. During the off season (winter) I added Christmas lights which was my highest margin service. In my humble opinion, putting up Christmas lights is far superior to having your dog getting eaten by a gator while you battle 6 months of high humidity and swarms of insects.

As for Europeans, my wife is European and wants nothing to do with the south. Many Germans/Dutch settled farther north. I'm in NorCal and there's Slavic people all over. Many here enjoy the Mediterranean type weather with Tahoe/mountains/ocean nearby. I have yet to meet a European who prefers high humidity, tornados, hurricanes, deserts, scorpions, snakes and flying cockroaches.

The best weather is in the Pacific Northwest, so Seattle and Portland. Rarely too hot or cold, lots of rain to keep everything green, close to mountains with snow, close to the coast and incredible summers with lots of sun. It's too bad the people that live there ruined it.

I live in a high desert now and that's pretty good too. Summer highs in the 80s-90s with low humidity. Winters aren't bad either, especially with the dry air and lots of stuff to do outside in the snow and stay busy. I wish it rained more, but the sunny days here are pretty nice. I think Northern Arizona and Northern New Mexico are like this too.

Last edited:
Spent the Holidays in the great state of Texas - only returned to the UK earlier today. (Trust me, it was hard to come back to Europe but have to finalize a few things before going back to the States for good.)
I have found the neighborhood I want to live in one of the major metro areas.
(Consulted two layers remotely earlier last month - on both property and family law).
By the end of March planning to finalize the paperwork on my new home and move to the US permanently. (I already have the green card - without going into much more details.

Planning to buy a second property , too - in El Paso - as a back-up option - for now to let it out for second income.. It has some surprisingly good neighborhoods, particularly near the UTEP. There are always out-of-state students and young professionals looking for homes(Prices are likely to rise later next year but right now it is almost a bargain even compared to Dallas, Houston or San Antonio).

Texas (and the US) has been great to me so far. I guess I should count my blessing.
Focusing on settling down in my new home country - focusing on my small business as well as planning to do an undergraduate course at a Texas university.
I am in a relationship now, but taking things slowly, not in a rush to jump into marriage just yet. (The family law system is slightly more humane in Texas than in England & Wales - but still has its negatives. )

At the same time, planning to reduce the time I spend on this forum.

Life has been improving.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed meaningfully to this thread.

The best weather is in the Pacific Northwest, so Seattle and Portland. Rarely too hot or cold, lots of rain to keep everything green, close to mountains with snow, close to the coast and incredible summers with lots of sun. It's too bad the people that live there ruined it.
I almost moved up to Seattle at one point. Not sure what it's like now but when I was there, it was a great city with lots to do, attractive women, and mostly friendly people. It also has the perfect weather to spend your summer days outside. Winters are harsh though.

If the Left hadn't ruined the place, I'd be tempted to move there now.

Spent the Holidays in the great state of Texas - only returned to the UK earlier today. (Trust me, it was hard to come back to Europe but have to finalize a few things before going back to the States for good.)
I have found the neighborhood I want to live in one of the major metro areas.
(Consulted two layers remotely earlier last month - on both property and family law).
By the end of March planning to finalize the paperwork on my new home and move to the US permanently. (I already have the green card - without going into much more details.

Planning to buy a second property , too - in El Paso - as a back-up option - for now to let it out for second income.. It has some surprisingly good neighborhoods, particularly near the UTEP. There are always out-of-state students and young professionals looking for homes(Prices are likely to rise later next year but right now it is almost a bargain even compared to Dallas, Houston or San Antonio).

Texas (and the US) has been great to me so far. I guess I should count my blessing.
Focusing on settling down in my new home country - focusing on my small business as well as planning to do an undergraduate course at a Texas university.
I am in a relationship now, but taking things slowly, not in a rush to jump into marriage just yet. (The family law system is slightly more humane in Texas than in England & Wales - but still has its negatives. )

At the same time, planning to reduce the time I spend on this forum.

Life has been improving.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed meaningfully to this thread.
You disagree with my opinion on the South East. That's fine. But it is from the perspective of an American who has the entire country as an option.

Texas is certainly better than that miserable British island where the cuisine is worse than prison food.

haggis.jpg

You certainly upgraded!

You disagree with my opinion on the South East. That's fine. But it is from the perspective of an American who has the entire country as an option.

Texas is certainly better than that miserable British island where the cuisine is worse than prison food.

haggis.jpg

You certainly upgraded!
What is that, a pudding?

Back