• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Texas, New Mexico and Arizona Thread

Nice, but a college town. ASU's campus is huge. Are you planning on living there or in another suburb?
Well I have a business opportunity there in Tempe. I would be living in Tempe in a nice house that backs up to some kind of big park or nature reserve looking thing on the map. I also have a buddy who moved out there and runs a big food distribution thing in Phoenix and he is trying to get me to come out there but he is biased when he tells me about Arizona haha.

Well I have a business opportunity there in Tempe. I would be living in Tempe in a nice house that backs up to some kind of big park or nature reserve looking thing on the map. I also have a buddy who moved out there and runs a big food distribution thing in Phoenix and he is trying to get me to come out there but he is biased when he tells me about Arizona haha.
Go visit for 2 weeks and get a feel for it, preferably in the summer when it is astronomically hot. If you're unsure you should always go visit a ace when it is at its worst to see if you can handle it.

I grew up with snow so desert living appeals to me but it's not for everyone. It's dusty, the landscape all looks the same, and the heat can kill so make sure your car has emergency water .

Word to the wise, in the summer time the cold water out of the tap is warm. I like to take cold showers. It's like this all through out the southwest so escaping the heat is impossible.
Enough said.

No reason to go below the 37th parallel unless it involves vacation and a beach.

The scenery around El Paso and far West Texas in general looks pretty amazing. That's where I'd want to live in Texas if it wasn't basically Mexico. That's too bad.

Kayaking and hiking Big Bend looks incredible. Alpine, Texas looks like a cool spot to live if you're ok with the isolation.
Sshhh.

----------------

Some folks love the SW. Most don't. It is still a great place for witness protection and int'l fugitives - I've made two foreigners blush and look away on that line.

Central and Western Texas....what dumps. Look up about Coffee, TX police force... 200 population, 50 cops to ticket visitors...it's like that for real. Hard to imagine when you read about it but it's like that in real life. They are getting arrested now and entire police force disbanded.

Chief JohnJay Portillo has quadrupled the size of the Coffee City Police Department since he took the job in April 2021. Records show more than half of the 50-officer force, in a town of barely 250 people, had been suspended, demoted or fired from their previous law enforcement jobs. Some were even criminally charged.

Few good folks, definitely. ..but the system is horrible, it treats those good folks like 2nd class people too. Not a "free state" that they like to advertise at all. Much of the Western TX are oil fields which are often trash filled plains, trash like in the 3rd world, chemical stench from all the rigs, trash cans drowning in spilled oil in a small town. Some angry drivers too. Worst of the Murica, Kansas or Nebraska are heavens compared that. No logic or reason live here. I think most of the decent sane folks are oil rig workers from elsewhere.
Funny they try to rip you off too in TX thinking it should be expensive 1st world country, LOL I just hope can get out of here before the next big tornado.

Last edited:
Texas got 2700 police law enforement agencies. Truly a police state. There are more regulations, rules and restrictions than in most states, actually, except may be California and Massachussets. It's also like a mix of Mexico and Alabama, da best.
Northern Arkansas is heavens compared to TX.

It's also like a mix of Mexico and Alabama, da best.
I am in Alabama for work. I've been coming here for years, and I love it here. I could easily move here full time. It's a strong contender for the most Christian state, and the most politically conservative. I like the southern Bible belt culture, and the Gulf Coast culture as well. It's hot and humid, but I can handle that, and it is mild in the fall, winter and spring.

I am in Alabama for work. I've been coming here for years, and I love it here. I could easily move here full time. It's a strong contender for the most Christian state, and the most politically conservative. I like the southern Bible belt culture, and the Gulf Coast culture as well. It's hot and humid, but I can handle that, and it is mild in the fall, winter and spring.
Isn't it pretty full of black people? Or is that Georgia?

Texas got 2700 police law enforement agencies. Truly a police state. There are more regulations, rules and restrictions than in most states, actually, except may be California and Massachussets. It's also like a mix of Mexico and Alabama, da best.
Northern Arkansas is heavens compared to TX.
Nah... Its hardly not a police state big dog.

Which particular set of rules or regulations particularly grinds your gears?

Our 75mph speed limit?
Out constitutional carry laws?
Or lack of state income tax?

Pray tell, which freedoms are so forthrightly being infringed upon such that you lump us in with Massholes and Commiefornians?

Isn't it pretty full of black people? Or is that Georgia?
Black people here are nice.

Not always of course, but nicer than other places I've been. I often see mixed groups of blacks and whites out in public. I think blacks and whites are more used to being around each other here.

I was at a bar earlier tonight, and two black guys were sitting next to me. I didn't end up talking to them, but I could have.

They were discussing the merits of the King James Version of the Bible. The one guy said when he reads the Bible, he finds it hard to see the interpretation of the scripture in the KJV. Things like seeing the underlying principle from one of Jesus' parables.

The other black guy said he agrees with that, but his grandma always swore by the KJV, and he is still partial to it in spite of the greater difficulty with the language.

This is not an unusual story in the Bible belt, with blacks or whites. There are still a lot of sinners here, but there's an underlying acceptance of Christianity, and an underlying southern standard of politeness that sets the tone.

The Alabama Gulf Coast is beautiful. Nice beaches/water, very right-wing, clean, safe. Basically an extension of the Florida Panhandle, although Pensacola is ghetto in some areas.
I m sure my mobile experience was an outlier...
Absolutely had to pull out my gat at a gas station as a scholar was trying to shake me down for some book money....was actually pretty scary.

Twas the Wrong side of town for this white boy

I haven't been to Mobile, but that's not surprising after looking up the amount of scholars in the area.

When I was staying in the Panhandle, I drove to Orange Beach and Gulf Shores and they were fantastic. Not too many scholars either.
Yes it's home to many future nobel lauriets... Not that I can say Houston is much better... I mean Saint George of Fentanyl did hail from here.

Only 4% of land in TX is public. And Da Gubimint behaves like police state on these lands. Very little nature recreation opportunity. In Idaho 70% of land is public, for example. TX is basically Alabama currently morphing into future Mexico. There is no need to move to Mexico, one can just stay put and they will get there anyway (y)

Only 4% of land in TX is public. And Da Gubimint behaves like police state on these lands. Very little nature recreation opportunity. In Idaho 70% of land is public, for example. TX is basically Alabama currently morphing into future Mexico.
Ok.... Comparing economies and size is apples to oranges . Is the 4 percent of Texas equivalent to the 79 percent of Idaho?

I dunno man... I am pretty free... I carry a gun everywhere I go...(something I'm not sure you can do as a traveling non citizen) and our laws and regulations and taxes are one of the reasons Americans are moving here (and Florida) at a rapid rate.

You're also talking about border areas if I'm not mistaken...now to to East Texas and Caddo Lake and compare.... That area is historically no mans land and very very independent.

After crossing half of Texas finally found a nice place. White small farmers town with older folks. Many very old homes and buildings looking historic, not the fake polished stuff My kind of town, reminds of Kansas. Unfortunately white people in rural TX seen to be older ones, mostly, so the writing is on the wall

After crossing half of Texas finally found a nice place. White small farmers town with older folks. Many very old homes and buildings looking historic, not the fake polished stuff My kind of town, reminds of Kansas. Unfortunately white people in rural TX seen to be older ones, mostly, so the writing is on the wall
Oh, c'mon jaguarcat. Give this place a try:

Just close your eyes and think of glorious Russian Odessa.

If that doesn't work, here's a neat part of Texas with a Slav/Germanic heritage: Giddings, TX.

Back