Weird Things You've Noticed Recently

This really puts the neoconservative fear-mongering over Islam during the 2000s and 2010s into perspective (not that there aren't also mosques dotted throughout North America and especially Europe).

It seems every nouveau riche non-Christian immigrant wants their place of worship to be greater and grander than the nearest church or cathedral.

I know a lot of articles are written by AI now. Also a lot of articles are outsourced to ghost writers in India, the Philippines, etc. Its rarer these days to have an actual experienced professional earning $150,000 per year writing articles.
Exactly this. AI has been writing summaries of sports matches for a long time now. I seem to remember reading somewhere that USA Today were using it a long time ago

Anyone else here who learned in school that the 13 stripes on the US flag represented the original 13 US colonies?
Or were 13 colonies deliberately created as an homage to the East India Trading Company?
Or is it yet another Freemason symbology rabbit hole?

I always heard 13 stripes for 13 colonies. This is what official flag information still states.

I'd say it's a coincidence that the East India flag had the same. In fact, the article you linked said the East India Company flag actually had between 9 and 13 alternating stripes. Maybe the designers of the US flag liked the look of the East India flag, and took it as inspiration for the stripes on the US flag.

Back