Weird Things You've Noticed Recently

much like the thong bikinis girls wear now which I also don't care for.
When I drive through a college town it's shocking to me how the young women go about in public. It's funny, if you would have told me ten years ago "you'll be sick of attractive young women walking around wearing next to no clothes", I would have laughed at you, but when you actually see it, it's off putting. It's not attractive, seeing the women cheapen themselves like that.

Now, seeing an attractive woman wearing a nice regular dress, with no tattoos, no obesity, no bad attitude, no weird hair, that's what catches my eye, because it's such a rare sight in my neck of the woods.

I’m not sure if I’ve posted this observation yet, but progressively over the last decade, there is ever increasing daytime (weekday) traffic on all of the roadways in my area, people in stores and public places etc. Historically, the daytime hours were mostly stay at home moms running errands with kids in tow, or over 65 retirees doing the same. Driving around periodically I try to observe the demographics that may be shifting to cause the higher traffic volume out in public outside of rush hour traffic. Mostly it seems ALOT more transport trucks, work vans, landscapers etc than I ever recall clogging the roadways. Majority of car traffic is still mostly retirees, but I’m seeing a lot more people in the 50-65 age range out and about during the normal work day hours. I’m sure some of this is increased teleworking abilities but since I generally don’t see alot of 20-50 years olds shopping or driving around in personal vehicles, I’m wondering if alot more people that generally would be in their final 1/3 of their career are no longer working at all? That is my theory.

I’m sure some of this is increased teleworking abilities but since I generally don’t see alot of 20-50 years olds shopping or driving around in personal vehicles, I’m wondering if alot more people that generally would be in their final 1/3 of their career are no longer working at all? That is my theory.
During COVID according to the figures apparently a lot of old people (the ones who could not work remotely or did not want to) took early retirement due to the money printing induced stock market boom and the fact that they were afraid of going to work for fear of getting COVID.

"Roughly 2.4 million additional Americans retired in the first 18 months of the pandemic than expected, making up the majority of the 4.2 million people who left the labor force between March 2020 and July 2021, according to Miguel Faria-e-Castro, a senior economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis."

The figures show a large percentage of those people returned to the workforce once the COVID situation normalized but a decent amount of them still never returned to the workforce.

Over the last two years (approximately), I have noticed regular (and what seems to be rapidly increasing) instances of factual, grammatical, and just plain strange errors in professional publications and other forms of media.

I rarely noticed these types of things for most of my life and do not read any more or with any more focus (I'm not more aware of these things and I am not intentionally looking for them; I'll just be reading something, think I have lost focus for a moment because what I'm reading doesn't make sense, only to confirm that something is wrong with the writing) than I previously did.

An example of this is below. A heartbreaking story of two young hockey players who were killed by a drunk driver:

Writing.png

The "...where he has served his 2008..." is the kind of thing I'm talking about (I assume it is supposed to be "...where he has served since 2008..."). To make matters worse, it more or less repeats this information (discussing the suspect's military service) later on in the article as if it has not already been covered.

I don't know what the problem is. Are media outlets not employing editors these days? Have publication standards gotten so low that this kind of writing is considered acceptable?

Very strange

Last edited:
Over last two years (approximately), I have noticed regular (and what seems to be rapidly increasing) instances of factual, grammatical, and just plain strange errors in professional publications and other forms of media.

I rarely noticed these types of things for most of my life and do not read any more or with any more focus (I'm not more aware of these things and I am not intentionally looking for them; I'll just be reading something, think I have lost focus for a moment because what I'm reading doesn't make sense, only to confirm that something is wrong with the writing) than I previously did.

An example of this is below. A heartbreaking story of two young hockey players who were killed by a drunk driver:

View attachment 12048

The "...where he has served his 2008..." is the kind of thing I'm talking about (I assume it is supposed to be "...where he has served since 2008..."). To make matters worse, it more or less repeats this information (discussing the suspect's military service) later on in the article as if it has not already been covered.

I don't know what the problem is. Are media outlets not employing editors these days? Have publication standards gotten so low that this kind of writing is considered acceptable?

Very strange

I've seen endless garbage news articles with wrong punctuation, wrong grammar, wrong spelling, etc. for quite a few years now. I've noticed it even in historically well-respected media, such as the New York Times. I can only attribute it to the streams of woketards getting diplomas but not having learned anything in those years, except Marxist indoctrination. We all know DEI is the most important thing leftist corporations are looking for today.

A recent post in the meme section got me thinking..... isn't it odd how the "hawk tuah" meme gained so much traction? Morality aside, the original wasn't really even that funny. It was kinda gross what she suggested, really. And yet there seem to be so many of them. Are we in a slow meme cycle or something?

It's not odd at all and your BS radar instinctively started beeping for the right reasons. The Hwak Tuah girl media frenzy is not organic.

I haven't seen the TikTok videos wherein she allegedly speaks broken English/Hebrew, but the talkshow fragment below is not a deep fake.

I fail to grasp the motivation for this psyop but it is what it is.

It's not odd at all and your BS radar instinctively started beeping for the right reasons. The Hwak Tuah girl media frenzy is not organic.

I haven't seen the TikTok videos wherein she allegedly speaks broken English/Hebrew, but the talkshow fragment below is not a deep fake.

I fail to grasp the motivation for this psyop but it is what it is.

Typical. I suspect this rings true for most celebrities. Back in the day, to become famous in any one field you had to have talent or luck. Now, they will give you a placeholder position until they find you a place where they will keep you. Drake was a Disney channel actor before exploding as a rap artist. Zelensky was a comedian before he was a President. What do figures like these have in common? I hate to say it but the evidence is undeniable and you really have to stick your head in the sand to not see any correlation.

Typical. I suspect this rings true for most celebrities. Back in the day, to become famous in any one field you had to have talent or luck. Now, they will give you a placeholder position until they find you a place where they will keep you. Drake was a Disney channel actor before exploding as a rap artist. Zelensky was a comedian before he was a President. What do figures like these have in common? I hate to say it but the evidence is undeniable and you really have to stick your head in the sand to not see any correlation.
So, Drake didn't start out as a Disney Channel actor. Aubrey Drake Graham first started out on the Canadian teen drama Degrassi: The Next Generation. His father is an American Negro musician and convict and his mother was a Canadian Jewess. He had a Bar Mitzvah. He attended Forest Hill Collegiate Institute and Vaughan Hill Academy in the Toronto area. These schools had the following alumni:

(((Lorne Michaels))) Saturday Night Live
(((Howard Shore))) Composer of the LOTR and Hobbit musical scores
(((Neve Campbell))) Party of Five (Sephardic Jewish maternal bloodline)
(((Mia Kirshner))) The Black Dahlia, The L-Word, Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Shenae Grimes Degrassi: The Next Generation, 90210
Syrus Marcus Ware co-founder of BLM-Canada
Ellen Page sexual deviant, actress Juno (promoting teen fornication and pregnancy), Whip It (promoting degenerate roller-derby you-GO-girlism)

So yeah, Drake claims he was po' but he definitely grew up in a connected environment. I have no doubt that his maternal bloodlines helped him out in life. God knows that his music is shit: nuttin' but Negroid grunts, moans, and autotune.

Back