Server Maintenance / Migration 7-17-2024

I have applied for a giphy production API key but I don't know how long it will take (or if it will be approved on the first try) so for now please be patient and don't use GIF's excessively. :p

Starting to feel like a DEI hire.... uhh, the emoji situation has now been resolved (I think). Please confirm. Thanks. :)
Works fine for me.
001.webp
But the bar is still inconvenient. Could You make it like before ?
05.webp
Also, since we're on the emoji topic, we are long overdue for an emoji update. I've got a package ready, based on the orders made by our forum brethren - You up for it ?

Still having the issue with threads loading too far up the page (for example, when you click on a thread title and it's supposed to take you to the latest post, it goes to an earlier post on that page).

I've seen this before on other forums.... I believe this may be at least partially related to the way that tweets, media, etc are embedded. Tweets are no longer immediately loading, they take a second, so I think what might be happening is the page loads correctly, and then the tweets populate and make the page much longer, forcing you to an earlier spot on the page.

Has there been a change to the way that tweets are embedded, different module/implementation/etc?

EDIT The Twitter embed also looks different, they used to embed in dark mode. Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but it was nice having them fit with the dark mode theme rather than showing up as white.

Works fine for me.
View attachment 10202
But the bar is still inconvenient. Could You make it like before ?
View attachment 10203
Also, since we're on the emoji topic, we are long overdue for an emoji update. I've got a package ready, based on the orders made by our forum brethren - You up for it ?

Thanks for the confirmation. We're tracking this issue and 15 others, when we've sorted these all then we'll return to business-as-usual feature requests like more emojis etc.

Still below the pre-update 1,3MB limit.
Just tried to upload a 1,23MB GIF - file too large.

View attachment 10218
It should be much larger than that. Like about 10 times. I'm certain I increased it earlier but will check when I get home later.

Republican National Convention Rnc GIF by PBS News

I'm surprised to find this already in the gif selector. Is it a selection that comes automatically with the software?

We need a Trump fist pump and Fight! Fight! Fight! gif
It's just pulling from Giphy.

Reaction score is down by more then 100, but now it show trophy points, which we didn't have before.
I believe this is because certain reactions had a higher score than 1, like the "funny" reaction

Time window when the option to edit, or delete a post is available.
I think it was 1 hour before the update.
View attachment 10224
This ^^
IIRC there was some sort of tiered system depending on the member standing you have, Heirloom members had the longest edit time followed by Heritage

Amazing how quickly the forum is back up and functional, we owe a big debt of gratitude to the admin team for making this site happen.

Last edited:
Can you change the "trending topics" back to what it used to be, that is, the most recently updated topics instead?

I rarely would log in before, but I would use that to follow the most recent posts. I especially liked that it would take you directly to the latest post of that thread, rather than the beginning. Again, this is true for those that weren't logged it.

Please consider

Is this being considered? I don't see myself using this forum without it...

I would ask @Valentine or one of the mods to please address this topic as I am more of a server/infrastructure guy and not as familiar with the forum software and I don't completely understand what is being asked for here.

That being said, if something is broken or not working as expected in some way we will absolutely take care of it. Depending on what it is it may be an intentional change or a bug that was made by Xenforo in the 2.3 version, or it may simply be a setting we can change, or it might be something that is broken that we can fix.

Please be patient and work with us to help understand the issue and rest assured it will be taken care of. Also, we apologize for the inconvenience during the migration and re-launch of the forum. Don't worry, things are going to get better! :)

In Christ,

S.D.G.

Back