Server Maintenance / Migration 7-17-2024

New site so colorful.
Can anyone confirm it is not hosted in a 5 eyes nation?
Glad you approve. 🙂

I won't disclose any specific details for security reasons but we do have some resources in the US (same as RVF).

I expect some folks won't be super happy about that but I'm not trying to hide anything.

We are very privacy and security focused and any logging or data collection/retention will be minimized as much as possible (or none at all).

If you want to discuss or debate this subject it's okay but I ask you to please make a thread for it in the appropriate place so we can keep this thread on topic as much as possible.

This might be an indiscreet question... but why?
It's okay.

The old setup was created on very short notice on a minimal budget by some very smart and passionate folks.

@Cynllo in particular did an amazing job getting us this far but wasn't able to continue supporting things full-time so I was asked to step in and take over.

We are all doing this for free in our spare time so that the spirit and community of RVF lives on and not least of all to glorify and praise Jesus Christ.

It's also very important to me personally to maintain a free speech atmosphere and for people to have a place to go when they are persecuted and banned elsewhere.

▪️ Telegram links (both pre-update, and today's test) seem to embed just fine. Except for these two from yesterday.

I think Soli has done this.

▪️ No multi quote option
quote.JPG

Done.
▪️ Upload file size still below the pre-update limit.

Is this still an issue? It's set to 8MB, but there might be another setting somewhere.

▪️ Images don't display when You reply to them.

This needs an addon, which should be installed...

▪️ Trending instead of new posts on the main page.

Fixed.

▪️ Pre-update links to media/wikipedia - some embed some still don't.

Do you mean it gave a small preview of the page in a box?

Seems to be working. Maybe a setting has been changed.

▪️ Subforum display:

Done.

Back