Server Maintenance / Migration 7-17-2024

I'm sure this is stressful for the admin.. Have noticed the following :
  • it no longer prompts to "quote" when you select text only to "reply"
  • as others mentioned, trending threads no longer sorted
  • as others mentioned, something funny going on with the emojis
  • drafts from just before the migration were lost, but not sure if it mattered when they were written. Also not sure if it is saving drafts now.

Thank you everyone for reporting issues here. Please keep them coming.

My time is limited so I may not respond personally to you but I have asked the mods to please assist me with validating and organizing your many bug reports and feature requests.

Once we have a comprehensive list of issues we will prioritize and triage them and if need be I can engage with the vendor for support.

Take care & God bless. ☦️ 🙏 🕊️

In Christ,

S.D.G.

▪️ Emoji list doesn't fully display.
View attachment 10183
Found the issue for the post reaction's missing emoji icons.

It is showing a "404 Not Found" error for any emojis that are not displaying the icons. Below screenshot is an example for Orthodox Cross icon.

f6BCDeG.png

Can you change the "trending topics" back to what it used to be, that is, the most recently updated topics instead?

I rarely would log in before, but I would use that to follow the most recent posts. I especially liked that it would take you directly to the latest post of that thread, rather than the beginning. Again, this is true for those that weren't logged it.

Please consider

Found the issue for the post reaction's missing emoji icons.

It is showing a "404 Not Found" error for any emojis that are not displaying the icons. Below screenshot is an example for Orthodox Cross icon.

f6BCDeG.png
That url is valid and it brings up all the emojis so I wonder why it would be giving a 404. I'll have to check into this.

▪️Upload file size has dropped.
Before the update the size limit, for GIFs for example, was 1,3MB. Now it's just 1MB - just like in the old RVF.
▪️We also lost the built-in GIF library.

Is anyone else having this issue? I see all the emojis perfectly fine.
Just to clarify and to avoid confusion for anyone who is wondering: use your mouse to hover over the Like link.

The Smilies' emojis in the Post Reply section is displaying all of the icons fine.

Is anyone else having this issue? I see all the emojis perfectly fine.
I can reproduce on my phone. Logged in and I long press to react and most of the emojis are missing. Also tried directly loading the URL and it fails.

On desktop the emojis work as expected and I can load the URL directly. When not logged in I do get an error (this is probably as intended).

So it seems like emojis on mobile are broken somehow. I see a lot of 404's for this resource in the server log so I think a lot of people are probably having this issue.

If you report a problem with this feature please state if you are on mobile or desktop.

I can reproduce on my phone. Logged in and I long press to react and most of the emojis are missing. Also tried directly loading the URL and it fails.

On desktop the emojis work as expected and I can load the URL directly. When not logged in I do get an error (this is probably as intended).

So it seems like emojis on mobile are broken somehow. I see a lot of 404's for this resource in the server log so I think a lot of people are probably having this issue.

If you report a problem with this feature please state if you are on mobile or desktop.
Here’s my issue

Attachments

• C412EB67-0C2F-4CB3-9DD9-483940E02F44.webp
    C412EB67-0C2F-4CB3-9DD9-483940E02F44.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 22
▪️Upload file size has dropped.
Before the update the size limit, for GIFs for example, was 1,3MB. Now it's just 1MB - just like in the old RVF.
▪️We also lost the built-in GIF library.
Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. The size limit has now been increased.

Can you please explain about the GIF library? I am not familiar with that feature.

Back