Forum Software Issues and Suggestions

I don't have access to Christianity(General). I was able to start a thread this morning while it was being setup, but now I can't even respond to it.

@Cynllo

Can the entire URL be displayed automatically? Right now it shows "christisking.eu/index.php" unless I go up to the URL line and highlight it with my cursor.

You can lose track of what thread you're on when you just glance up. I don't see this happening when using other websites.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 8.29.47 PM.png

1697761850899.png

@Cynllo

Can the entire URL be displayed automatically? Right now it shows "christisking.eu/index.php" unless I go up to the URL line and highlight it with my cursor.

You can lose track of what thread you're on when you just glance up. I don't see this happening when using other websites.

Thanks.

Do you mean that your browser doesn't show the full URL of the page you are on?

I think that is a feature of the browser.

Though there will be a change on how the URLs are handled, so they don't have index.php in them.

@Valentine , @Thefinalepic , @soli.deo.gloria , @homersheineken - any input?

Attachments

• 2023-10-19-192355_602x27_scrot.webp
    2023-10-19-192355_602x27_scrot.webp
    2.2 KB · Views: 44
Do you mean that your browser doesn't show the full URL of the page you are on?

I think that is a feature of the browser.

Though there will be a change on how the URLs are handled, so they don't have index.php in them.

@Valentine , @Thefinalepic , @soli.deo.gloria , @homersheineken - any input?

No, it's only for this web site. Many tabs open and all display fine including RVF. Never happened for 5 years or more. Opera.

I was going to ask if it was Opera, as that is the only browser I can think of that does it. It does it with query strings (after ?). Those will be removed, so it will stop happening.

Great. So when everything is set in place moving forward, then it will display the entire URL? Thanks.

Edit - I followed the advanced settings suggestion you posted above and that solved it. But you're saying it wouldn't have mattered eventually anyway right?

Not sure how doable this is with Xenforo, but I always wanted to hide a few threads or even subforums on RVF. Some were just demoralization psyops or well-poisoning theories. A few people would probably want to hide the woman subforum as well.

This is not an issue, more an observation. Look at the different online member/guest ratios for RVF and CiK.

RVF 1698350876552.webp

CiK 1698350939245.webp

Is there a technical reason, like search engine spiders, or is it just that over the years RVF has accumulated a lot of guest lurkers?

There are currently no bots online. Did you take the screenshot from RVF?

JKmnP6B.png

There are currently no bots online. Did you take the screenshot from RVF?

JKmnP6B.png
Yeah, that's RVF. I'm a Crow there! I don't think the bots have found this website yet. I've read about people doing tests where they put a server online with no links to it posted anywhere, and have hundreds of web spiders hit it within a few hours. However, maybe the way this forum is setup keeps it out of view from those crawlers.

Last edited:
I have been having tweets fail to load. All I see is this. Other content still seems to load normally. I can click the tweet and see it on Twitter, but just can't see it here like normal.

1698766103902.png

Back