• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Forum Software Issues and Suggestions

For some reason I have to log on every session despite allowing cookies in settings.

It's not possible to diagnose remotely. But it probably environmental. I have it working fine in different browsers.

Maybe allowing cookies on .eu and not .cc; or allowing on www.christisking.cc; instead of christisking.cc.

How do you get it to stop subscribing you to every thread you post in?

I spent ten minutes the other day trying to stop it from doing that but couldn't work it out..
Same here.

After each post I now have to click 'Unwatch' in the top right corner (scroll up). It's annoying.

I spent ten minutes the other day trying to stop it from doing that but couldn't work it out..

Same here.

After each post I now have to click 'Unwatch' in the top right corner (scroll up). It's annoying.

Will make a thread on this.

1) Go : https://christisking.cc/account/preferences

2) Uncheck content options "automatically watch" (2X)

To stop watching all threads, use the top menu here: https://christisking.cc/watched/threads

Click your username at the top of the page.
Select 'Preferences'.
1700994096980.png

@Cynllo Can we create a Memes sub-forum for all the meme threads that have overtaken the Culture forum?

) I just added that feature specifically to that sub-forum, as per your earlier comment. Later, I plan to make it customisable whether to view all threads in a node, forum, or sub-forum.

Memes are already in humor.

What would you like?

) I just added that feature specifically to that sub-forum, as per your earlier comment. Later, I plan to make it customisable whether to view all threads in a node, forum, or sub-forum.

Memes are already in humor.

What would you like?
In addition to the sub-forum, it seems those threads are still showing in the main Culture forum too...at least for me they are, even after doing a hard refresh.

In addition to the sub-forum, it seems those threads are still showing in the main Culture forum too...at least for me they are, even after doing a hard refresh.

There will be an overhaul of how the forum can be viewed at some point. No ETA. Lots of people have said lots of things, which override each other. So I'm going to make how the forum can be viewed somewhat customisable.

I've reverted the all threads in Culture & Entertainment to how it was before. I thought you wanted it with all the sub-threads visible. I think that's how it was on RVF.

As for making Films & Series it's own forum, and the others. Personally I am against it. But more people should chime in and say what they think. To get a better idea of what more people think. Film and Series probably won't have many and only one or two fairly popular thread. It seems a clear sub-forum of Culture & Entertainment. It could have it's own node, but then so could others, particularly in the future. Making the homepage quite long, when these topics nest inside each other as listed.

Ultimately, these things are not overly important. It's the threads that are important, and not so much how you find them. Though, I prefer more categorised. Though I can see other people are using the forum differently. A user who logs in once a month might prefer to see all threads under the current events node and nothing else, for example.

I’m not sure where to put this, is there a way to change the forum view back to dark text on a light background instead of a dark background? It’s much harder to read after the change and my eyesight isn’t the best.

Back