• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Decline of Functioning Society

I don't see a coup happening anytime soon, and I don't see an authoritarian traditionalist coming to change anything, so the best anyone can hope for, unless you want to just listen to others here and wait decades to die, is acquire BTC and let all the other governments/idiots/fools crumble. New jurisdictions appear to me to be required. All we'll keep doing here is lament the situation, and that's even if we get a huge crisis or correction soon. It's hard to come to grips with, but it's quite clear, to be honest.

I feel like Bitcoin is too vulnerable, and will not be useful once the moment of crisis arrives. Exchanges will be shut down or totally controlled, and that will be that. They will invent a reason.

I don't see an easy way out of this, because we are too weak on our own. We need to rely on God, and let Him protect us.

Is this true? Some of it I can understand. But couples aren't even meeting thru friends? And this would be somewhat pre COVID effects as well.

Where I live I still see plenty of younger people 18-25 working out in the gym, sports is huge here, doing outdoor activities, HS kids still in big groups in parking lots on Fri/Sat night. Still a little like it was back in the 90's.

But this trend will lead to nobody knowing how to interact face to face or having coping skills in public. Extreme anxiety.

1708459382913.png

One note on the labor shortage:

To some extent it will self correct. Retiring boomers frequently still work part time as "consultants" or in some training capacity just to keep themselves busy (and they'll need the cash).

Rising lifestyles and incentives will start to pull more competent men who have been pushed out of corporate white collar jobs back towards these jobs and we'll find an equilibrium where it's more expensive than before but enough people are doing it (especially because a lot of the glamor of corporate jobs is gone now). The gap period in between the emergence of the labor shortage and when the market fills it will still be rough.
There is no shortage of labour (in aggregate a limited number of individual jobs are in shortage though) that is just big business propaganda to bring more immigrants in and push down wages If there was widespread labour shortages by definition wages would be rising faster than inflation but they are clearly not.

There is no shortage of labour (in aggregate a limited number of individual jobs are in shortage though) that is just big business propaganda to bring more immigrants in and push down wages If there was widespread labour shortages by definition wages would be rising faster than inflation but they are clearly not.
Labor shortage is always fake.

In the sense, I would always hire someone to clean my house and cook for 5 euros a day. There is always demand for labour.

It's about price. Nobody will do this work for 5 euros a day.

When people talk about labour shortage it means; "I can't find people to do this kind of work for a very low salary."

So they bring migrants in to increase supply and decrease the labor costs. (also the local population gets less)

I feel like Bitcoin is too vulnerable, and will not be useful once the moment of crisis arrives. Exchanges will be shut down or totally controlled, and that will be that. They will invent a reason.
Apropos to your post and almost directly, Bitcoin U did a video on similar things recently. Exchanges don't necessarily matter, especially by the time this might happen. I think you are missing a few (or a lot) of details about the network and what is already capable or possible. The funnier part of the "foil" (and I agree, ultimately the trust has to be in God) is that it signals true jurisdictional need apart from Babylon, AND it actually increases the value of the network all at the same time. It's just inconvenient which means the criticism, like most Americans currently, is lazy.
Where I live I still see plenty of younger people 18-25 working out in the gym, sports is huge here, doing outdoor activities, HS kids still in big groups in parking lots on Fri/Sat night. Still a little like it was back in the 90's.
I know you all know this, but it bears repeating to hammer it home: unless you have women seeking marriage and family formation at young ages, nothing will help or change. You can have all the mini communities (high school, college, even grad school) but the greater the stress on women being mini men or competitive with them, and with jobs to boot, the less likely they'll let go of anything related to hypergamy as a group. Of course, that means major cohort regret as most will end up 30+ and wondering where any match might be, let alone any choice close to "top".

Is this true? Some of it I can understand. But couples aren't even meeting thru friends? And this would be somewhat pre COVID effects as well.

But this trend will lead to nobody knowing how to interact face to face or having coping skills in public. Extreme anxiety.

1708459382913.png

I wonder how online dating worked back in 1980, when the Internet hadn't even been invented yet.

I wonder how online dating worked back in 1980, when the Internet hadn't even been invented yet.
Well, I was dating back then and I can tell you. We got to know girls at church and school, we took them to dances, to the roller skating rinks, to the cinema (drive-in movie theaters were the best), or went to the circus, amusement parks, etc. We got out and met them in person.

I don't see an easy way out of this, because we are too weak on our own. We need to rely on God, and let Him protect us.
“Let him protect us” does sound very weak indeed, and terribly passive. I would rather be proactive.

I never expected the decline of American manufacturing, specifically airplanes (one of the very few fields that America is strong in) to fall so rapidly.

Most of these are older, well established planes built by Unions and designed by white boomer engineers. We haven't even seen how the planes designed by tranny woke millennials are going to perform yet.

I guess it's just poor maintenance?

It's gonna get really bad when we run out of the models designed by suit wearing nerdy engineering WASPs with double redundancy. Remember the diversity bridge?

These past few weeks, I've been seeing a lot of news about airplane "incidents"... mostly non-lethal stuff like delays, needs for additional repairs, and recently a story of a plane in New Zealand that injured 50 people. (Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/11/world/australia/auckland-sydney-flight-latam.html). Others have mentioned similar news previously in this thread.

We're also seeing a story of a Boeing whistleblower who pointed out serious manufacturing issues: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68534703

My question is, where are we going with the decline of American airplane infrastructure?

My prediction is that these "minor accidents" are being deliberately unveiled in order to lower our expectations of what airplane travel should be, i.e. predictive programming. My guess is that, after a few more weeks of "minor accidents," we will start seeing a wave of "major accidents" that will, unfortunately, lead to genuine fatalities.

In the future, airplane crashes happening every single week might become a common occurrence, and we'll be so used to it that it will be just like driving a car, where tragedies are so common that they've unfortunately become meaningless statistics now.

Why is this happening? I'm not sure, but I think you could easily argue that the powers that be are no longer interested in allowing ordinary commoners like you and me to have access to safe, cheap, and abundant airplane flights, as was the case in the 2000s-2010s. In hindsight, that might have been an unknown golden age which we will only appreciate when it's gone. They don't want you to leave.

What do you think?

Last edited:
These past few weeks, I've been seeing a lot of news about airplane "incidents"... mostly non-lethal stuff like delays, needs for additional repairs, and recently a story of a plane in New Zealand that injured 50 people. (Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/11/world/australia/auckland-sydney-flight-latam.html). Others have mentioned similar news previously in this thread.

We're also seeing a story of a Boeing whistleblower who pointed out serious manufacturing issues: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68534703

My question is, where are we going with the decline of American airplane infrastructure?

My prediction is that these "minor accidents" are being deliberately unveiled in order to lower our expectations of what airplane travel should be, i.e. predictive programming. My guess is that, after a few more weeks of "minor accidents," we will start seeing a wave of "major accidents" that will, unfortunately, lead to genuine fatalities.

In the future, airplane crashes happening every single week might become a common occurrence, and we'll be so used to it that it will be just like driving a car, where tragedies are so common that they've unfortunately become meaningless statistics now.

Why is this happening? I'm not sure, but I think you could easily argue that the powers that be are no longer interested in allowing ordinary commoners like you and me to have access to safe, cheap, and abundant airplane flights, as was the case in the 2000s-2010s. In hindsight, that might have been an unknown golden age which we will only appreciate when it's gone. They don't want you to leave.

What do you think?

Nah the aviation industry is not going to tolerate any level of regular fatal accidents. It's revealing that relatively minor mishaps are getting so much publicity when in the past we'd be losing entire planes of people every year. There will probably be a major accident sometime in the next couple of years but it won't be allowed to become a trend. I do think air travel for the plebs is gonna get tapered off but I think it's much more likely to be a climate change/carbon/pollution thing than any kind of terror campaign of accidents.

^^^
I remember being a very hungry growing teenager in the 80s flying alone and asking for a second "free" 4 course beef or chicken meal (which was always given to me) and now they charge $15 for a crappy turkey sando on a ciabatta bun. Sad. Nowadays we're paying much more for much less. The United States Postal Service is another great example. The prices increase, but the service decreases. Back in the day I never had a package or letter lost, nowadays its a common occurrence (and the prices have trippled over the last 30 years).

The golden age of flying for the everyday individual was in the 1960s, 1970s and early 1980s.

I stand corrected, thanks!

Nah the aviation industry is not going to tolerate any level of regular fatal accidents. It's revealing that relatively minor mishaps are getting so much publicity when in the past we'd be losing entire planes of people every year. There will probably be a major accident sometime in the next couple of years but it won't be allowed to become a trend. I do think air travel for the plebs is gonna get tapered off but I think it's much more likely to be a climate change/carbon/pollution thing than any kind of terror campaign of accidents.

Hmm, is it that the accidents are "getting publicity" or is it that they are "allowed to be revealed" on the media? It seems undeniable that the mainstream American press is ramping up their coverage of these matters in the past few weeks, so I don't know what their intention is with that. To me it seems like they are trying to intentionally undermine public perception of airplane quality. I feel what you're saying, and I hope that you're right, but I dunno...

Related, it seems like the airplane type to avoid is the Boeing 737 Max.

^^^
Also related... whistle blower John Barnett who worked for Boeing for 32 years and was set to testify against the company's safety practices this week in South Carolina was just found dead of a "self inflicted" gunshot wound.

I stand corrected, thanks!

No problem. Here's a video about flying in the 1960s. It's pretty obvious why it was so much better than now. At 7 minutes into the video, try not to chuckle at the woke racial lecturing section. It is not difficult to see why the flying experience, like everything else in the U.S., started to slowly go downhill. For those who can't imagine what they're seeing in the video to be real, it is an accurate depiction of how things used to be in America.

PS - the narrator comment about hijackings in the 1970s is also true. There were a crapload, it was really exciting. Usually, no one got hurt with a few exceptions. They generally took place outside the U.S.

Back