• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Brother Nathanael Thread

milton.jpg

Guess that's over and done with. The guy is a poser. A liar. A deceiver. And has no support from ROCOR as he claims.

Source: ROCOR website.

I'll see your letter condemning him and raise you two letters confirming him:

BNAffirm.png

(edit: this was in response to a since deleted post with a 2013 letter disavowing Brother Nathanael / claiming he is schismatic or out of communion)
Have you got a source? Where is it posted?

This is very easy to fake.

The one I shared is posted on ROCOR website. Click the link I shared.

Have you got a source? Where is it posted?

This is very easy to fake.

The one I shared is posted on ROCOR website. Click the link I shared.

Worth noting that your link has since been removed from the website and this one here is live.

Also MB I believe I wrongly stated that your post was deleted in my edit, I made a mistake when I was reading the thread

milton.jpg

Guess that's over and done with. The guy is a poser. A liar. A deceiver. And has no support from ROCOR as he claims.

Source: ROCOR website.
I don't think this is accurate.

I saw his interview with Young Penitent, whom goes to the is part of Diocese and used to be a poster on RVF, and someone I've communicated with outside of here before...seems like he'd know if Brother Nathaniel was lying from first hand knowledge.

@BrotherAugustine may know about this too. I believe they've communicated but not had a full interview.

I don't have any reason to believe he's a liar, poser or anything else... And I'd be hesitant to start weighing in on that as a Catholic..
But feel free to do as you please I suppose.

Worth noting that your link has since been removed from the website and this one here is live.

Also MB I believe I wrongly stated that your post was deleted in my edit, I made a mistake when I was reading the thread
Interesting.

It seems this letter is posted in 2018. The other letter I posted (from 2013) was on there at least from 2013 to 2017. You can see that in the achive.

So something changed in 2018, it seems. Right?

Then Jerome Shaw retired in 2013, he writes this letter in 2018? Which is posted on the website?

Something is off here in my opinion. Anyhow I feel I don't hear the full story.

Is it just me, or do you have a giant chip on your shoulder about the guy? I've seen your complains relating to Jew-hatred, but it's literally just pointing out the political implications of their religion.

I understand that anybody who came of age in the Catholic Church might be very scandalized about "all forms of countersemitism", as those are condemned in Vat II, but Orthodox have no canon like that and moreover, we don't really have a power structure that would make a concerted effort to shut anyone up who talks.

Fr George Calciu and Iustin Parvu from Romania have been literal Holobunga deniers, quite openly, and they might still be well on their way towards canonization.

I understand that we generally don't get into confessional warfare here on this forum, which is why my lips are sealed regarding every pope giving the Quran a wet one and kissing the feet of Jewish scam artists.

If you cannot fathom an Orthodox monk saying all the things you would be allowed to eat crackers any more at your Church (as opposed to turning up holding hands with a twink) maybe just steer clear of him instead of going on an autistic rampage.

We do not believe in absolute divine simplicity, we do not believe in purgatory, not in the validity of Islam, and we do not believe that the only way to criticize Jews is to suck their toes at the same time.

Is it just me, or do you have a giant chip on your shoulder about the guy? I've seen your complains relating to Jew-hatred, but it's literally just pointing out the political implications of their religion.

It's just that my gut tells me something is off here. But I guess most of you don't feel that. I'm of the opinion that he is not putting people on a good path. And there are many indicators that proof something is off. But I think you differ.

I understand that anybody who came of age in the Catholic Church might be very scandalized about "all forms of countersemitism", as those are condemned in Vat II, but Orthodox have no canon like that and moreover, we don't really have a power structure that would make a concerted effort to shut anyone up who talks.
I know too little about Orthodoxy I realize.
Fr George Calciu and Iustin Parvu from Romania have been literal Holobunga deniers, quite openly, and they might still be well on their way towards canonization.

I understand that we generally don't get into confessional warfare here on this forum, which is why my lips are sealed regarding every pope giving the Quran a wet one and kissing the feet of Jewish scam artists.
If you cannot fathom an Orthodox monk saying all the things you would be allowed to eat crackers any more at your Church (as opposed to turning up holding hands with a twink) maybe just steer clear of him instead of going on an autistic rampage.

We do not believe in absolute divine simplicity, we do not believe in purgatory, not in the validity of Islam, and we do not believe that the only way to criticize Jews is to suck their toes at the same time.
I think I'll just drop off indeed.

Brother Nathanael has to interact and be obedient with his spiritual father, whoever that may be. Attacking someone's canonical status is flimsy, in my view, unless he is clearly repeating and disseminating heretical things/teachings. I just think that people don't like his politics, but even this idea is often confused in the modern day.

I wonder what "Bishop X" would say about the "jews" if asked? That is, could they even counter what Bro Nat says? Or do they just not want to make waves? I suspect this is really about the latter.

No Holy Father is correct on all things, but the Brother would probably point to St. John Chrysostom if someone tried to tell him he's saying things that aren't appropriate. It's curious to me how few "Orthodox" will talk about feminism and the "jews." Quite telling, in fact.

Mrs. Schecter was built like a tank and knew about manic depression in 1962!

Also, any time you disagree with a Jew, they think you have mental problems and should see a shrink. I wonder if maybe they are the ones with mental problems, in desperate need of healing their warped minds?

Just a thought.

Mrs. Schecter was built like a tank and knew about manic depression in 1962!

Also, any time you disagree with a Jew, they think you have mental problems and should see a shrink. I wonder if maybe they are the ones with mental problems, in desperate need of healing their warped minds?

Just a thought.

The beauty is God used those unreasonable reactions to draw Brother Nathanael closer to Christ, and he saw that Talmudic teaching didn't line up to scripture. He has a powerful testimony.

Last edited:
Another alternate solution is the self-governing autonomous region called Birobidzhan, that has already existed since 1931...longer than the secular state of Israel, and is much more liveable. It's a wonder why they didn't take advantage of the opportunity.

Interesting.

It seems this letter is posted in 2018. The other letter I posted (from 2013) was on there at least from 2013 to 2017. You can see that in the achive.

So something changed in 2018, it seems. Right?

Then Jerome Shaw retired in 2013, he writes this letter in 2018? Which is posted on the website?

Something is off here in my opinion. Anyhow I feel I don't hear the full story.
I think you're the deceiver. Get a grip man.

Back