Weird Things You've Noticed Recently

Above post continued....

Ok I wonder if there should be another thread for the 'Darkening'.

So I was at a Target today and they had a new very confusing line of funko pops with Iconic characters from movies....but instead of white skin they are now 'brown'. Ok Jews....we get it 'Wy-Pipo Bad'. Thanks.

Check out Han Solo below:
View attachment 3080
Isn’t that Billie D Williams as Lando?

The smell of weed in public has increased astronomically over the last year or so. Just driving around it comes thru the vents of the car easily from other drivers. Just this morning at 7am I smelled it on 3 different occasions over a 5 mile stretch of suburban driving. Are that many people waking and baking then going to off to work? That’s scary.
I can concur with the early morning smoking. I smelled weed at 3 different places before meeting some friends at *breakfast* yesterday. As we got out of the car to walk in to the restaurant, I asked them to smell my jacket, because I thought surely I'm smelling something on my own clothes--surely people weren't smoking weed in the morning a) outside my house b) at the airport and c) at the breakfast joint parking lot. But apparently they were.

People legitimately do not know how to give a handshake properly anymore. If I extend my hand to you, introducing myself, I am expecting a firm handshake, and instead I get my palm awkwardly caressed.

If it's a woman, okay, I get it, she's being shy with the stranger or something, it's probably normal behavior. But the men do it too. What's going on? How can you be a man and not give firm handshakes almost enthusiastically when they're offered to you?
I had someone initiate a handshake today, and I reached out with a proper firm handshake and got the laziest weakest wet noodle grip in return, very off putting.

"Seasonal Depression"... I see these secular normies walking around depressed (moreso than usual, if you can believe that) during the Christmas season. Heck, my work gave us mandatory training on combatting seasonal depression and where to seek help if we need it. I find myself bewildered. How is it possible to be depressed in such a joyful season?

My theory is that for secular normies (who are all consumeristic nihilists, without knowing it), Christmas to them is nothing more than an exercise is nostalgia. Reflections on a childhood where their Christmas revolved around receiving gifts and Santa. For these now grown up children, this conflicts with the sad realities of adult life.

I started to ponder what could be the root cause of seasonal depression the other day while driving past a major engineering firm nextdoor to mine. Out front is a giant inflatable statue of Santa. A literal childrens' cartoon standing over a workplace like the ashera poles of the OT. Full-grown adult men have to walk past a childrens' cartoon on their way into a meaningless job. I think deep down inside, serious men cannot stand the knowledge that the company that employs them and pays for their families to have food on the table values Christmas as nothing more than a celebration of a childrens' cartoon. Is this what we have been reduced to as a society? When looked at it this way, it is no surprise that seasonal depression is affecting many a young adult (I speak of the 25-35 generation, who I am a member of).

And the logical conclusion to this (for me) is that it is critical to obtain from cosigning onto the secular lies regarding Christmas. One cannot lie to their children about Santa. Are they supposed to believe in your faith in God after realizing you have lied to them about Santa? One cannot fall into the consumeristic trap of "the Hollidays" and shower one's children with limitless gifts. Both of these actions will inevitably lead to disillusionment, emptiness, and "seasonal depression" as our children grow and mature and realize Christmas is not at all what they loved as children.

Instead, focus on the real reason; the undeserved Gift of our savior Jesus Christ. Who came to save the world of its sins! And for that, we rejoice brothers and sisters!

Last edited:
"Seasonal Depression"... I see these secular normies walking around depressed (moreso than usual, if you can believe that) during the Christmas season. Heck, my work gave us mandatory training on combatting seasonal depression and where to seek help if we need it. I find myself bewildered. How is it possible to be depressed in such a joyful season?

My theory is that for secular normies (who are all consumeristic nihilists, without knowing it), Christmas to them is nothing more than an exercise is nostalgia. Reflections on a childhood where their Christmas revolved around receiving gifts and Santa. For these now grown up children, this conflicts with the sad realities of adult life.

I started to ponder what could be the root cause of seasonal depression the other day while driving past a major engineering firm nextdoor to mine. Out front is a giant inflatable statue of Santa. A literal childrens' cartoon standing over a workplace like the ashera poles of the OT. Full-grown adult men have to walk past a childrens' cartoon on their way into a meaningless job. I think deep down inside, serious men cannot stand the knowledge that the company that employs them and pays for their families to have food on the table values Christmas as nothing more than a celebration of a childrens' cartoon. Is this what we have been reduced to as a society? When looked at it this way, it is no surprise that seasonal depression is affecting many a young adult (I speak of the 25-35 generation, who I am a member of).

And the logical conclusion to this (for me) is that it is critical to obtain from cosigning onto the secular lies regarding Christmas. One cannot lie to their children about Santa. Are they supposed to believe in your faith in God after realizing you have lied to them about Santa? One cannot fall into the consumeristic trap of "the Hollidays" and shower one's children with limitless gifts. Both of these actions will inevitably lead to disillusionment, emptiness, and "seasonal depression" as our children grow and mature and realize Christmas is not at all what they loved as children.

Instead, focus on the real reason; the undeserved Gift of our savior Jesus Christ. Who came to save the world of its sins! And for that, we rejoice brothers and sisters!
Seasonal depression is mostly biochemical and due to lack of daylight around the winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere.

Are they supposed to believe in your faith in God after realizing you have lied to them about Santa?
This is very true. I believed in Santa for a lot longer than I shoul've, and when my classmates would tell me that it was just my parents, I would ignore them, with my actual thought process for doing so being "well, they also say Jesus is not real". I trusted my parents, and my parents told me that Jesus and Santa were both real.

My parents eventually told me the truth themselves because they realized that I wasn't just going to find out on my own, and I felt like a fool. Is the whole Santa thing a Jewish psyop to get kids to abandon their parents' faith? Or is it just to make Christmas about something other than Jesus and to disrespect Saint Nicholas?

I always viewed seasonal depression as being due to the short days and the darkness and cold.

I'm curious. Do people get seasonal depression around Christmas in the southern hemisphere, or do they get it around Jully?

I always viewed seasonal depression as being due to the short days and the darkness and cold.

I'm curious. Do people get seasonal depression around Christmas in the southern hemisphere, or do they get it around Jully?
South American here. I had never heard of the concept of "seasonal depression," until I learned English and saw Americans talking about it. I don't think I've ever heard any of my peers mention it either. But maybe that's just me.

South American here. I had never heard of the concept of "seasonal depression," until I learned English and saw Americans talking about it. I don't think I've ever heard any of my peers mention it either. But maybe that's just me.
It’s a real thing. People I know from being stationed in the military in Alaska said suicide rates skyrocket in the winter. Lots of society who live near the arctic circle use UV lighting indoors during winter months to help regulate their bodies from not having enough sunlight exposure. I’m sure if you do some internet reading you’ll find a lot of info on the topic….well unless you go to a flat Earth website, then you are on your own.

South American... no wonder you don't know.
Right. Thomas More asked about the southern hemisphere so I was giving my perspective. We don't have real winters, just rainy seasons, and in some regions perhaps not even that. So maybe seasonal depression is not much of a thing here.
It’s a real thing. People I know from being stationed in the military in Alaska said suicide rates skyrocket in the winter.
I wasn't implying that it's not a real thing, to be clear. Just that you don't hear about it 'round these parts.

Last edited:

I've read that it also has to do with Christmas being a time of family and togetherness, and your life not matching up to the ideal that the holiday is built around.

I've read that it also has to do with Christmas being a time of family and togetherness, and your life not matching up to the ideal that the holiday is built around.
I have always felt glum around Christmas time since I was young and this rings true for me. I do think less sun contributes as well, I can't imagine living in places where it gets dark in the early afternoon it must be awful.

Back