• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

The Fat People Thread

I used to look down on fat people with disdain. When I would see a morbidly obese person I immediately felt that that person had no discipline and no self respect. My thoughts on that have softened because I am now very overweight.

I grew up in the Arnie and Stallone era and got into weight lifting big time in high school and college. After I was discharged from the Marine Corps I got on with a big city fire department. We have workout time written into our contract. I have been in excellent physical shape my entire adult life. Up until the past few years.

I gained over 50 pounds during the Rona. I did not get to see my kids for months and I started drinking too much. One or two beers a night became a six pack. I currently weigh 263 lbs. I should be in the 195-205 range. At my last physical the doc expressed some concern. Going over years of my physical evals he pointed out how I used to be in really good shape and wondered what was up. I think it is a few things- I think I was suffering from depression and self medicating with food and alcohol.

After I gained all of the weight I finally received word from my local archdiocese that my annulment was granted and my previous marriage was considered null. As bad as it is to say, pussy was always a motivating factor in my working out. The better shape I was in the more attention I got from women. But we have all seen what women have become.

During the Rona I really started looking hard for a "virtuous" woman who was also attractive. After looking for more than a year I found two. One of whom is now married. Even if I get back in shape the pickings are extraordinarily slim. I am never going to put myself into the position that the state and the family courts can crucify me again so what am I to do? What is my motivation to work out and get slimmer? I know all of the feel good reasons, e.g., you'll feel better, you'll live longer, etc. but if I am not going to have a spouse and family what is the point?

God bless my niece. She told me "you're not fat. You just have a big tummy!" lol

This is exactly what I struggle with. Granted, I'm only a bit overweight, I am generally out of shape, have lost tons of muscle, cardio is non-existent, and I don't care to work out anymore. After all, when you lose interest in women, the "self-improvement" thing goes out the window. I'm not sure that lack of motivation is the same thing as depression or even a symptom of it. Maybe our focus and priorities just change. Besides, "just do it for yourself" is a weak motivator, as well. Perhaps just taking long walks is a good start and will get the mind on other things.

The key to losing weight, and staying fit is very simple. Do NOT eat sucrose! That is, white sugar, sugar that comes from sugar cane or beet sugar.

Sucrose degrades your metabolism, which then makes it impossible if not difficult to break down foods. This causes weight gain. Eventually, sucrose degrades your metabolism to the point where it fails, which then results in becoming diabetic. Eventually, sucrose consumption destroys the metabolism completely, which means destroying the largest metabolic organ in the body - the heart.

What's the number #1 killer of Americans today? Heart disease. Has been for over 50 years. All because of sucrose. 100,000x more dangerous than a joke like COVID.

If America stopped eating sucrose, they would lose a collective 50 pounds off the national weight average. Sucrose is the greatest evil in the world.

Our bodies do have an effect on the real us - our mood, emotions, etc - but no, they are not in any way the real us. Our souls are the real us. We dwell inside our bodies/temples and one day will leave these behind, at least in present form.

We are resurrected with the heavily bodies that match how we treat our earthly bodies - the scripture tells us this when Jesus speaks about the parable of inviting the strangers to the Wedding. Some of the strangers show up, and everyone looks at them: "Where are your clothes?" Because they are dressed in rags or appear totally naked. And they are thrown into hell. The clothes are metaphors for our virtue.

So your body on earth is being judged by the Lord - it is a gift to you from God. Trash it, and when we are resurrected, you get the same trashed appearance. It could severely impact your chances of salvation.

Do not underestimate gluttony, probably the main way people are going to hell today in America.

The key to losing weight, and staying fit is very simple. Do NOT eat sucrose! That is, white sugar, sugar that comes from sugar cane or beet sugar.

Sucrose degrades your metabolism, which then makes it impossible if not difficult to break down foods. This causes weight gain. Eventually, sucrose degrades your metabolism to the point where it fails, which then results in becoming diabetic. Eventually, sucrose consumption destroys the metabolism completely, which means destroying the largest metabolic organ in the body - the heart.

What's the number #1 killer of Americans today? Heart disease. Has been for over 50 years. All because of sucrose. 100,000x more dangerous than a joke like COVID.

If America stopped eating sucrose, they would lose a collective 50 pounds off the national weight average. Sucrose is the greatest evil in the world.

We are resurrected with the heavily bodies that match how we treat our earthly bodies - the scripture tells us this when Jesus speaks about the parable of inviting the strangers to the Wedding. Some of the strangers show up, and everyone looks at them: "Where are your clothes?" Because they are dressed in rags or appear totally naked. And they are thrown into hell. The clothes are metaphors for our virtue.

So your body on earth is being judged by the Lord - it is a gift to you from God. Trash it, and when we are resurrected, you get the same trashed appearance. It could severely impact your chances of salvation.

Do not underestimate gluttony, probably the main way people are going to hell today in America.
Going back some years, I recall reading an article which stated that if you put white table sugar in front of the FDA as a new product, they'd refuse to license it.

Seen a lot of fat Orthodox priests, yikes for them, but I think they'll understand.

Seen a lot of fat Orthodox priests, yikes for them, but I think they'll understand.

Well remember - just because someone is sinful in one category, doesn't mean they aren't virtuous in many other categories. The Lord can forgive debts, big debts, if one is sufficiently holy in other areas. So the Priest who dedicates his life to the Lord, and saves many souls, can be forgiven for being a glutton.

I wouldn't worry about the Priests - think of all the selfish people who don't work for the Lord's Church, being fat and sinful in so many other ways. Those are the guys in deep trouble.

Yeah, I was just thinking, because I live in the South, all of these nice Christian folk are doomed and don't even know it. Boy are they going to be surprised!
I recently moved to the south too. Christian families are all fat. All mexicans/hispanics are fat (except the young women, oddly enough). Most white collar workers are fat. I'm becoming really jaded. I'm so tired of fat people.

447257560_122121336884279263_3719751033936586698_n.jpg

I’ve actually heard many a doctor and nutritionist have this conversation with me on the street. It’s not rocket science. But they get in trouble if they say it to their patients in their practice.

My vet showed us this chart, said our cat is yellow and we should feed her less. And discussed how we should make sure there are no grains or any plant products in her food. Cats won't die if you feed them a spoonful of rice or grain, but they are carnivores, not omnivores.

Doctors need to be allowed to do the same thing; and advise their patients stay away from everything from seed oils to oreo cheesecake.
Screen Shot 2024-06-03 at 1.19.43 PM.png

My vet showed us this chart, said our cat is yellow and we should feed her less. And discussed how we should make sure there are no grains or any plant products in her food. Cats won't die if you feed them a spoonful of rice or grain, but they are carnivores, not omnivores.

Doctors need to be allowed to do the same thing; and advise their patients stay away from everything from seed oils to oreo cheesecake.
Screen Shot 2024-06-03 at 1.19.43 PM.png
Oh Lawd, he comin! :ROFLMAO:

1717767075996.png
One positive thing about clown world is we are surrounded by jokes that write themselves.

Clearly the criteria in these contests have changed to accurately reflect the title; in this case that means the winner will more closely resemble the land mass and the young victor obviously is closest in size to Alabama, and deservedly won.

One positive thing about clown world is we are surrounded by jokes that write themselves.

Clearly the criteria in these contests have changed to accurately reflect the title; in this case that means the winner will more closely resemble the land mass and the young victor obviously is closest in size to Alabama, and deservedly won.
This corruption and abomination seems to be general across the whole pageant industry. You have that elderly Iranian woman who won in Germany, and I understand there was a tranny that won somewhere. The people who control the pageants are purposely trying to deconstruct the idea of beauty.

Of course, the concept of beauty is eternal, and can't be deconstructed. All they are doing is beclowning themselves. Future history will comment on the extreme level of moral decay that was necessary to sink so low.

This corruption and abomination seems to be general across the whole pageant industry. You have that elderly Iranian woman who won in Germany, and I understand there was a tranny that won somewhere. The people who control the pageants are purposely trying to deconstruct the idea of beauty.

Of course, the concept of beauty is eternal, and can't be deconstructed. All they are doing is beclowning themselves. Future history will comment on the extreme level of moral decay that was necessary to sink so low.
Try to find a decent copy of the Roger Scruton documentary, "Why Beauty Matters" produced by the BBC back in 2008 or so. On the face of it it is utterly benign and intelligent, and for a time was a top-selling DVD for the BBC. Then, gone. Last time I checked the only version available online was a Portuguese edition which is subtitled so you can hear the English narrative. Not very high resolution video, but ok. Appears and disappears on YouTube, but can be found elsewhere.

Who would have such a powerful motivation to censor this analytic discussion of the concept of beauty in Western Civilization? Really makes you think.

Try to find a decent copy of the Roger Scruton documentary, "Why Beauty Matters" produced by the BBC back in 2008 or so. On the face of it it is utterly benign and intelligent, and for a time was a top-selling DVD for the BBC

Philosopher Roger Scruton presents a provocative essay on the importance of beauty in the arts and in our lives.

In the 20th century, Scruton argues, art, architecture and music turned their backs on beauty, making a cult of ugliness and leading us into a spiritual desert.

Using the thoughts of philosophers from Plato to Kant, and by talking to artists Michael Craig-Martin and Alexander Stoddart, Scruton analyses where art went wrong and presents his own impassioned case for restoring beauty to its traditional position at the center of our civilization.

Last edited:
Philosopher Roger Scruton presents a provocative essay on the importance of beauty in the arts and in our lives.

In the 20th century, Scruton argues, art, architecture and music turned their backs on beauty, making a cult of ugliness and leading us into a spiritual desert.

Using the thoughts of philosophers from Plato to Kant, and by talking to artists Michael Craig-Martin and Alexander Stoddart, Scruton analyses where art went wrong and presents his own impassioned case for restoring beauty to its traditional position at the center of our civilization.

Very nice, good quality too. Thank you and thank goodness for vimeo!

Scruton does not get too deeply into the root of the aesthetic of ugliness, but he asks the question.

It is interesting to reflect, in light of how the media and publication market crashed and burned during that decade, that BBC had a piece of physical media that people were actually buying - yet within a year or so of its release they shut it down with extreme prejudice.

Back