Sports

It's bad enough they changed the name, but Commanders is one of the most retarded names they could have used.

There's a movie called the Replacements with Keanu Reeves as a QB, and he plays for the Washington Sentinels. They should have used that. And made Keanu the QB.

Last edited:
In the past few weeks I've started to watch Serie A, the top football (soccer) league in Italy, on Paramount+. I enjoy watching the World Cup every four years, so I thought, why don't I bite the bullet and watch some games from one of the leagues, and I choose Italy because I'd like to learn Italian and live part-time in Italy someday (my mother is from Italy, I can get a passport).

I like a few things about football over American football: no commercials except at half-time, non-stop play, stoppage time, the game itself (played football in school, not American football), the physiques of the players (I prefer the lean athletic look of men over steroid monsters), the round-robin tournament. Essentially, every team plays for 10 months and the team that has accumulated the most points wins. The teams can also participate in knock-out tournaments while the regular season is on. I can see why football is a big deal in Europe, since it's almost always on and your team gets to play a lot more games than an American football team. I also got sick of blackouts, I'd prefer to watch a variety of teams play a sport where I'm not particularly interested in any one team.

I love American football. Being a wide receiver or free safety would be incredibly fun. I just wish the NFL wasn't so gay. College football is a little better but has its problems too.

Soccer, or football, is fun to play but boring to watch.

In the past few weeks I've started to watch Serie A, the top football (soccer) league in Italy, on Paramount+. I enjoy watching the World Cup every four years, so I thought, why don't I bite the bullet and watch some games from one of the leagues, and I choose Italy because I'd like to learn Italian and live part-time in Italy someday (my mother is from Italy, I can get a passport).

I like a few things about football over American football: no commercials except at half-time, non-stop play, stoppage time, the game itself (played football in school, not American football), the physiques of the players (I prefer the lean athletic look of men over steroid monsters), the round-robin tournament. Essentially, every team plays for 10 months and the team that has accumulated the most points wins. The teams can also participate in knock-out tournaments while the regular season is on. I can see why football is a big deal in Europe, since it's almost always on and your team gets to play a lot more games than an American football team. I also got sick of blackouts, I'd prefer to watch a variety of teams play a sport where I'm not particularly interested in any one team.
I grew up watching football. Lately I've been watching a lot of live ice hockey. It's a far better sport.

I no longer watch football because it seems like such a slow game compared.

Back