Situation in the Red Sea (Houthi Thread)

Absolutely not. Just don't bring any of that boomer "America defends freedom and democracy" BS.

Intentionally misconstruing positions is not an argument.

Likewise I suggest you stop the constant search for the moral high ground, because only through shenanigans like the one above are you going to find it.

Intentionally misconstruing positions is not an argument.

Likewise I suggest you stop the constant search for the moral high ground, because only through shenanigans like the one above are you going to find it.

I didn't. I asked you to clarify what you meant, and you did.

Somehow you interpreted this as being "stuck in an outrage phase".

And again, I'm not. I just don't want to suffer any stupid boomer talking points. I was just saying that to clarify MY position, and the reason I asked you to clarify your statement in the first place. And it turns out I agreed with your statement, I justed worded it differently (and more correctly IMHO).

As to moral high ground, it seems to me that you have an utterly cynical view of the world.

I didn't. I asked you to clarify what you meant, and you did.

Somehow you interpreted this as being "stuck in an outrage phase".

And again, I'm not. I just don't want to suffer any stupid boomer talking points. I was just saying that to clarify MY position, and the reason I asked you to clarify your statement in the first place. And it turns out I agreed with your statement, I justed worded it differently.

As to moral high ground, it seems to me that you have an utterly cynical view of the world.

Your past comments show a bias and perspective that is primarily based on perceived morality based preferences. I mean, you can be anti-USA on a surface level but not when facing off against Ansarallah/Iran. Because those are equally scummy if not worse.

It's non-sensical. There are no good guys in a conflict of that order, let alone at that level of power. It's a dog eat dog, the strong take what they can and the weak suffer what they must mentality that rules supreme. Have you seen the flag of Ansarallah? It literally has Death to America on it. Ergo the ((US elites)) hate you, but so does Ansarallah.

GDpLi1pbQAAJQ53.webp

As for cynicism, I have no idea what you mean. I am not emotionally invested in any side hence can speak freely without having to cover for narratives and agendas, or deal with cognitive dissonance. It's refreshing and eye opening.

That's every empire 101. We are the empire right now.

We can lament it... But I'm personally not excited about the idea of a higher cost of living due to some tribal Muslims shooting missles at US flagged ships.
I'm loving it. When people innocently ask "why is everything so expensive?" we can now say "Israel has used high tech weapons, paid for with our tax dollars, and has killed over 10,000 children and severely injured thousands more. The Houthi's want this to stop, which is reasonable, and due to the fact that our government is evil, we started a war with these Houthi's."

Yemen has a very interesting history. Your friend was fighting who exactly? Interestingly Tacitus had a similar quote on the virality and fighting spirit of the Germanic tribes up north. Tacitus said that whenever a Germanic warrior fell in battle ten others were ready to pick up the sword where the deceased had left it.

I imagine it was the NLF and FLOSY although I wouldn't have had any idea who they were when my friend relayed his stories some 20 years ago.

Apparently the Aden Emergency lasted for over four years and had a peak British military presence of 30,000. In context, today's British Army has only 70,000 personnel.

I have a bad feeling about this. The British established the naval port in Aden to protect ships travelling to and from India from pirates. Today's western naval powers cannot lose this region, especially now that the Cape of Good is controlled by a hostile ANC.

Then there is now the matter of multicultural western nations of iron and sand. There are probably more Eritreans in the UK than there are British soldiers.

Last edited:
Your past comments show a bias and perspective that is primarily based on perceived morality based preferences. I mean, you can be anti-USA on a surface level but not when facing off against Ansarallah/Iran. Because those are equally scummy if not worse.

It's non-sensical. There are no good guys in a conflict of that order, let alone at that level of power. It's a dog eat dog, the strong take what they can and the weak suffer what they must mentality that rules supreme. Have you seen the flag of Ansarallah? It literally has Death to America on it. Ergo the ((US elites)) hate you, but so does Ansarallah.

View attachment 3807

As for cynicism, I have no idea what you mean. I am not emotionally invested in any side hence can speak freely without having to cover for narratives and agendas, or deal with cognitive dissonance. It's refreshing and eye opening.
Yep.

Houthis are not some nobel cause.

Believe me, they'd have no problem killing Americans just for being Americans.

Speaking of killing folks... Anyone know what's going on with those hostages from Galaxy Leader?

I have not been following this closely but read something about this -
That's a political decision. The current US naval assets should be more than enough to deal with the threat but for reasons unknown they have been told to stand down, absorb incoming attacks and de-escalate.
- is it so that Biden does not have something else to make him look bad in an election year?

A few people I know like to go get some sun in Hurghada on the Red Sea. I never really wanted to go but this surely can't be good for the tourism there..

Your past comments show a bias and perspective that is primarily based on perceived morality based preferences.

This is in fact a Christian forum, where Christian morals and values apply.

It's non-sensical. There are no good guys in a conflict of that order, let alone at that level of power. It's a dog eat dog, the strong take what they can and the weak suffer what they must mentality that rules supreme.

Sometimes one side is better than the other.

Believe me, they'd have no problem killing Americans just for being Americans.

Who told you that? Ben Shapiro?

Last edited:

Both Ansarallah and Iran have Shariah based legislation which in practice translates to the marginalization of Christians by birth and outright persecution (including fatwas for death penalty for apostasy) of Christians by conversion. Especially in Yemen the small Christian communities exist underground and many of its members are imprisoned and sometimes killed.

By now it's clear that you don't like the US. Good for you, you will have your legitimate reasons for that. But trying to frame the US' warlike turban wearing Shia geopolitical adversaries as some sort of extension of your alleged Christian morality is simply bizarre.

Last edited:

Who told you that? Ben Shapiro?
I've had surface to ship missiles shot at me by Houthis in the US Marine Corps...

So I don't need Little Benny to confirm that which I've already seen first hand.

Thanks for playing though.

I honestly wonder if some folks have actual experience in these matter or if because of the internet they seem to think that because these people are against they US empire they're actually good guys. @LaAguilaNegra is correct. These people are not magically good guys just because they disagree with our regime. People like Patrick Bet David, who left Iran and served here in the US military sure seem to point out that the country there is in no way somewhere we, as American Christians, would want to live in.

Also... I am wondering how those Ukrainian, Bulgarian, and Filipino sailors on Galaxy Leader are doing in confinement....

Both Ansarallah and Iran have Shariah based legislation which in practice translates to the marginalization of Christians by birth and outright persecution (including fatwas for death penalty for apostasy) Christians by conversion. Especially in Yemen the small Christian communities exist underground and many of its members are imprisoned and sometimes killed.

By now it's clear that you don't like the US. Good for you. But trying to frame the US' warlike turban wearing Shia geopolitical adversaries as some sort of extension of your alleged Christian morality is simply bizarre.

Let's get things straight here.

The Houthis are blocading *Israeli* shipping, to make them end the slaughter of civilians in Gaza. Israel is a depraved country, built on pure evil. If you want to talk about hate for Christianity, then there is your mother ship.

The US has decided to side with Israel. Or rather, Israel is using their puppets in the US government to do their bidding once again.

I've had surface to ship missiles shot at me by Houthis in the US Marine Corps...

Was this perhaps because you were in their country shooting at them? I'm pretty sure this didn't happen on US territory.

The Houthis are blocading *Israeli* shipping, to make them end the slaughter of civilians in Gaza. Israel is a depraved country, built on pure evil. If you want to talk about hate for Christianity, then there is your mother ship.

The US has decided to side with Israel.
You're facts are wrong on what Houthis are doing. Methinks you're not informed on this.

They have hit ships from multiple counties ... To include Chinese flagged ships.

Eta

OOCL no. 9 a Chinese ship also.

Last edited:
Was this perhaps because you were in their country shooting at them? I'm pretty sure this didn't happen on US territory.
No. We were transiting the red sea... Not engaging them. We shot the missles down.

But this was election time frame 2016 and Obama didn't want to go out with a war on his way out as Trump had just been elected.

The US has decided to side with Israel. Or rather, Israel is using their puppets in the US government to do their bidding once again.

Not even a single word on the plight of the Christians in Yemen and Iran? You are in no position to lecture others on Christian morals and values.

As for puppets, if it were Israel's decision Yemen would have been one big crater already. The US has been showing restraint in the whole Red Sea affair.

Don't forget, due to the USA, thousands of Yemen children have literally starved to death. The evil of our country is beyond what most imagine.

So, if people starved one of your children to death, because you didn't want to allow neo-liberalism into your country, are you going to say "nah, you are fine, I don't hate you"?

Of course not. I think of it this way ,there are bad guys willing to do what it can to protect their kids v. the great satan pushing sodomy, pedophilia, and satanic values across the globe.

Not even a single word on the plight of the Christians in Yemen and Iran? You are in no position to lecture others on Christian morals and values.

As for puppets, if it were Israel's decision Yemen would have been one big crater already. The US has been showing restraint in the whole Red Sea affair.
So you think Israel could just bomb the entire middle east into nothing? They have dropped 65,000 tons on the tiny Gaza Strip and they are still getting their asses handed to them.

You have had great posts, but this "turn them to glass" 2003 talking point is proving quicker and quicker to be a cope.

Your link explains that it was mistaken for an Israeli ship.

Of course accidents happen, it's called collateral damage. I'm sure you are well aware of that term.
Collateral damage assessment and evaluation has an entire mathematical probability, approval process ECT...

These jokers are just firing off bad data and wreckless. They are using AIS...and the Iranians are spotting for them. Thats evident from what happened in the Jan 9th Battle.

Maersk Gibraltar

Indian tankers have also been hit.

These Houthis are bad for the world economy. There's a 3 way civil war going on in Yemen...their primarily support is from Iran and the tribal nature of the region. It's not like they're taking the money from Iran and feeding their people either is it?

And again... No comment about the innocent Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Filipino sailors on the Galaxy Leader.... So moral high ground goes to Houthis why?

Don't forget, due to the USA, thousands of Yemen children have literally starved to death. The evil of our country is beyond what most imagine.

So, if people starved one of your children to death, because you didn't want to allow neo-liberalism into your country, are you going to say "nah, you are fine, I don't hate you"?

Of course not. I think of it this way ,there are bad guys willing to do what it can to protect their kids v. the great satan pushing sodomy, pedophilia, and satanic values across the globe.
This is not the US fault... This is a result of Saudi and Yemeni war and interaction between the two countries and Iran using the country as a proxy to weaken KSA and Sunni positions.

This is not the US fault... This is a result of Saudi and Yemeni war and interaction between the two countries and Iran using the country as a proxy to weaken KSA and Sunni positions.

Saudi is just a puppet of Israel, just like the USA. They all know the truth; they know we are all tied together. It is up to our people to demand we stop this nonsense.

Back