Motorcycles

I was looking for a new riding jacket and saw a nice Furygan at a shop. Very expensive so I went online and found a good deal at Chromeburner.com I hadn't heard of them but my friend ordered a lot of stuff from them. Good deals, very fast shipping.

Btw I ended up getting a BMW so I guess now I have to buy a modular helmet and yellow fluorescent vest...
You need all that for the mokka latte down at starbucks

Wow I'm jealous of you guys who live in mountains like that, looks incredible.

Anyway funny story. I went to a dealership to get a spark plug and some guy comes out and comments on my KLX300sm and asks about trading it in. Well, I get it inspected and they say they've never seen my bike have anywhere near 15k miles, let alone any sumo/dual sport, and were utterly shocked I rode it 15k miles in 2 years. The bike seems to be losing oil rather quickly which they indicated might be effect the trade in value and estimated it's only at $2500 after needed repairs. So, I'll definitely be keeping it instead of a trade in.

But I really want a proper touring bike. So I looked at the '24 Suzuki V-Strom 800 which looked incredible, as well as a '23 Suzuki GSX-S1000. I'll have to do some research on these and I really can't afford it, but as much as I love cornering in the twisties, I would rather have a bike built for long range practicality and my KLX just cannot fill that role. I've been unfortunate enough to not live near anything interesting so it takes a long time to ride anywhere worth visiting. I also just take it out for fun randomly with no particular destination in mind. But both of those Suzukis are basically sport touring bikes although V-strom is more of an "adventure" bike, which is also cool. I could literally get one and drive it across the country the day I get it and tbh I probably would. The absolute sense of freedom from having a bike like the V-strom would be absolutely incredible to me.

Here's a pic of the bike, not me

proxy-image.webp

Last edited:
V-Stroms are the Swiss army knives of the motorcycling world, it does everything well without any major faults plus you'll have Suzuki reliability. Go for it I would say.
That's exactly what I'm looking for, a jack of all trades. That's what I got my KLX300sm for but it fails to do one thing horribly: long range. I can still keep the KLX for track days or twisties.

I'll definitely keep on eye on it, thanks.

That's exactly what I'm looking for, a jack of all trades. That's what I got my KLX300sm for but it fails to do one thing horribly: long range. I can still keep the KLX for track days or twisties.

I'll definitely keep on eye on it, thanks.

Ridiculous amount of accessories for them too.

Somebody give that salesman a raise.
I got a free inspection/diagnosis on my bike in a short amount of time and they even fixed my foot shifter for me so I figured I'd go along with it. But yeah they seemed like good guys and friendly but not pushy. At the very least now I know what my next bike will be too.

Yes, there is nothing sporty about these heavy ADVs. They are luxury SUVs for long trips. For fun and handling, you need to stay around 300cc.
Sadly, one motorcycle is never enough.
Two pals went on a few days' gravel road trip; one on a DR350, the other a KLR650. They had a friend who wanted to join in, on his 1000cc KTM "adventure" bike. My two buddies did all right, but they told me KTM guy almost died a couple of times.

Transitions from hard pack gravel to soft sand etc, the two lighter bikes did well but the heavy and powerful KTM just plowed in and the guy wiped out a couple of times.

Another fellow with a well-traveled KLR told me the big adventure bikes look cool and all that, until you're on your own and dump it in the sand; big and heavy.

Just what I've been told, never done that kind of riding myself.

I got a free inspection/diagnosis on my bike in a short amount of time and they even fixed my foot shifter for me so I figured I'd go along with it. But yeah they seemed like good guys and friendly but not pushy. At the very least now I know what my next bike will be too.

Unlike car salesmen, motorcycle sales people (in general) are much more passionate about their product which translates to more honesty and care for their customers.

Yup. That T7 is amazing. My mate has one, it's ugly as sin but it does everything. Arguably better than the v strom.
Honestly, the aesthetics alone is enough to dissuade me. You spent a lot of time looking and interacting with your bike, and as much as people might try to pretend otherwise, it does in a sense give you a sense of identity. The quality of aesthetics isn't trivial or shallow imo! Even if its a great bike, man, I can't get over that part. Maybe I'm just biased against blue bikes though, if it was fully blacked out it would be a bit better. But in general, many dualsports do look pretty ugly, but in some cases you might have to compromise and for some, aesthetics is probably a low priority.

Last edited:
Honestly, the aesthetics alone is enough to dissuade me. You spent a lot of time looking and interacting with your bike, and as much as people might try to pretend otherwise, it does in a sense give you a sense of identity. The quality of aesthetics isn't trivial or shallow imo! Even if its a great bike, man, I can't get over that part. Maybe I'm just biased against blue bikes though, if it was fully blacked out it would be a bit better. But in general, many dualsports do look pretty ugly, but in some cases you might have to compromise and for some, aesthetics is probably a low priority.
Nope. My mates one is more or less completely black and it still hurts my eyes to look at it. I couldn't own one, I just wouldn't ride it just for how ugly that front end is.

Super Tenere looks ugly? Where were you, guys, when Paris Dakar was a thing?

stephane-peterhansel-1991-1.jpg

Compared to these things that were running around, Tenere was a piece of art!

8906dca2c57e1312fad87ef61fdd3267.jpg

Super Tenere looks ugly? Where were you, guys, when Paris Dakar was a thing?

stephane-peterhansel-1991-1.jpg

Compared to these things that were running around, Tenere was a piece of art!

8906dca2c57e1312fad87ef61fdd3267.jpg
I have a super tenere from 92. It's beautiful.

We are talking about it's modern day sibling, the t7

Back