Motorcycles

Another day, another bike.

Today out on the 9 at at high mountain dam.
View attachment 10563

Snowboard GIF by Red Bull

Another day, another bike.

Today out on the 9 at at high mountain dam.
View attachment 10563

Weren't you considering adding a windshield? I recently installed one on my naked Yamaha, and it made a huge difference. Just get a clear and transparent one, not tinted.
That was the one thing I always missed on my former Honda Hornet 900 when taking longer trips. Dealing with relentless wind gets exhausting.

My bike just crapped the bed again, and I'm through trailering it home. Haven't even tried troubleshooting it, already shopping for the next one.

I have an idea to move away from a UJM litre bike (which has been my type of ride for 20+ years) and try an early 2000s BMW 1150. A GS, R1150R or R1150RT. Reasons; break from my usual type, and I can find some quite cheaply round here. I just want to get something asap that I can finish the season with, and put time into a longer term bike next year.

I had 1200 GS Adventure, when I was hooked on the hype surrounding this bike, but never really enjoyed it. Engine character was dull like an old diesel, and weight and size were comparable to those of Miss Alabama.
When a certain threshold of these parameters is crossed, then all fun is lost.
But old 1150 were supposedly great bikes in terms of reliability.

Weren't you considering adding a windshield? I recently installed one on my naked Yamaha, and it made a huge difference. Just get a clear and transparent one, not tinted.
That was the one thing I always missed on my former Honda Hornet 900 when taking longer trips. Dealing with relentless wind gets exhausting.
The only windshield that I have on it is the flyscreen that you see in the photo. I'm more concerned with aesthetics on that bike that practicality.
I do plenty of long rides on it, I just lean on the wind. It's OK up to about 130kmh

I have another bike with a windshield. Haven't shown you all that yet because it's in the shop and it's been in there for ages.

The only windshield that I have on it is the flyscreen that you see in the photo. I'm more concerned with aesthetics on that bike that practicality.
I do plenty of long rides on it, I just lean on the wind. It's OK up to about 130kmh

I have another bike with a windshield. Haven't shown you all that yet because it's in the shop and it's been in there for ages.

Yes, the James Bond vibe is lost behind the glass, it is more of a boomer ride 😁

Yes, the James Bond vibe is lost behind the glass, it is more of a boomer ride 😁
Don't get me wrong, there is something beautiful about watching the nav and instrument tower of the big old Dakar bike rocking side to side whilst you hustle it along but I prefer naked bikes on the whole.

One day I'll end up with a RT or something more comfy that eats miles. I tried a 1250 GS last year and whilst it was good, I'm not ready for that yet.

I'm sure you know this already @fortyfive but one of the ways I counter wind blast on the highway/autoroute /motorway, is to shift back on the seat a little and put my feet on the passenger pegs. Makes it a little easier to lean on the wind.

I'm sure you know this already @fortyfive but one of the ways I counter wind blast on the highway/autoroute /motorway, is to shift back on the seat a little and put my feet on the passenger pegs. Makes it a little easier to lean on the wind.
Yes, I do the same on long trips, even with glass, to stretch my legs and arms.

A lot of times I sit on the back seat on long trips lol, but I'm 1.9m (6'3) tall and almost all bikes are too small for me so cramps happen quickly.

A lot of times I sit on the back seat on long trips lol, but I'm 1.9m (6'3) tall and almost all bikes are too small for me so cramps happen quickly.
What bike do you have that fits you? I'm 186cm, most bikes looks small for me.

What bike do you have that fits you? I'm 186cm, most bikes looks small for me.

Suzuki GSX1400 fitted me and I had it all sorted out, Yoshi pipe pc5 Ohlins etc, it made 135 on the wheel with absolutely mental torque which made my R1 (05) feel slow at the time.

I fit on most BMWs and KTMs though but I just don't get as excited for them as I do for my old Japanese loves. Maybe it will just take time.

I wish I never sold my 1400. I own a 250 now just because I'm going through settlement now (still fun) and which I can share with my wife.

Suzuki GSX1400 fitted me and I had it all sorted out, Yoshi pipe pc5 Ohlins etc, it made 135 on the wheel with absolutely mental torque which made my R1 (05) feel slow at the time.

I fit on most BMWs and KTMs though but I just don't get as excited for them as I do for my old Japanese loves. Maybe it will just take time.

I wish I never sold my 1400. I own a 250 now just because I'm going through settlement now (still fun) and which I can share with my wife.
There's plenty of fun to be had on a 250. The main thing is that you're riding.

I was looking for a new riding jacket and saw a nice Furygan at a shop. Very expensive so I went online and found a good deal at Chromeburner.com I hadn't heard of them but my friend ordered a lot of stuff from them. Good deals, very fast shipping.

Btw I ended up getting a BMW so I guess now I have to buy a modular helmet and yellow fluorescent vest...

Back