Motorcycles

I know, but there is not much difference, I think. It is still a tall rally bike.

maxresdefault.jpg

It could be much worse. Look what they did to the Land Rover Defender :ROFLMAO:

2023-land-rover-defender-30th-anniversary-edition-1651503204.jpg
It's certainly very tall. Going to be even taller once I raise the rear suspension a bit. It's funny, when you get them together they are actually really similar. Even the hp and torque figures are the same.

Yes, it's the same music. There is nothing more to improve on bikes except marketing slogans, LED lights, and fancy displays.

This beauty is Benelli 750 sei, from 1972.
Six cylinders, with kickstart!
Progress ended a long time ago.

image.jpg
A few years ago I had a Ducati Monster s4r from 2003. Lovely bike that I never should have sold BUT when I got my 2014 BMW R9T the difference in grip, fuelling and rideability was huge.

But to your point, Have a look at one of the revzilla videos where they take an old gsxr k5 and put it up against a modern panigale. It's just as quick.

But to your point, Have a look at one of the revzilla videos where they take an old gsxr k5 and put it up against a modern panigale. It's just as quick.

The Gixxer’s fastest lap was 1:04. To say we were surprised is an understatement — a one-second delta is significant at the track, especially on a relatively short lap of around a minute. We were staggered, frankly, and had to change our whole schedule for the rest of the day in order to get to the bottom of it.
We remain baffled that this old GSX-R hustled it’s ugly, splatter-painted self around a track the way it did, and to do it in the face of a Goliath like the Ducati Panigale was all the more surprising :ROFLMAO:

Had a little misadventure on the weekend. On the way home with the missus at a sprightly clip (+/- 130kmh), I heard an increasing tire noise. I thought it was off the Hyundai I was passing but it kept getting louder. Then the steering stiffened right up and I had to fight to not go in a straight line off the curve in the road.
Needless to say I got off the road as quickly as possible - front tire dead flat. Stand well back from the highway, call roadside assistance, go home.
The culprit was the valve stem had rotted and given way right where it seals at the wheel.
I suspected as much since I had had the same thing (sudden and rapid deflation, rotted valve stem) happen to me on my old Ninja, but on the rear wheel (at at higher speed!).
Got the valve stem replaced, all's well that ends well. But don't forget to bend your valve stems every now and then to see if they're still solid!

Had a little misadventure on the weekend. On the way home with the missus at a sprightly clip (+/- 130kmh), I heard an increasing tire noise. I thought it was off the Hyundai I was passing but it kept getting louder. Then the steering stiffened right up and I had to fight to not go in a straight line off the curve in the road.
Needless to say I got off the road as quickly as possible - front tire dead flat. Stand well back from the highway, call roadside assistance, go home.
The culprit was the valve stem had rotted and given way right where it seals at the wheel.
I suspected as much since I had had the same thing (sudden and rapid deflation, rotted valve stem) happen to me on my old Ninja, but on the rear wheel (at at higher speed!).
Got the valve stem replaced, all's well that ends well. But don't forget to bend your valve stems every now and then to see if they're still solid!

Good tip! Thanks for sharing.

A lot of times we don't listen to our motorcycles and get ourselves in trouble, this is outside of the looney cagers already so good job.

Good to hear you managed to save it. The guy I was riding with at the weekend fell off his at standstill because he's too short for his bike 🤦‍♂️
When I see a guy at a red light who's leaned over to get one foot planted on the ground... :rolleyes:

My BMW oilhead boxer is quite tall; I have both feet flat on the ground, but only just.

When I see a guy at a red light who's leaned over to get one foot planted on the ground... :rolleyes:

My BMW oilhead boxer is quite tall; I have both feet flat on the ground, but only just.
I'm 6' and I still do a slight lean to the left so I can flat foot it, but otherwise if I touch down the heel or ball of my foot on the ground I can keep it perfectly upright. My bike does have fairly high clearance though.

But I generally try not to stop with a foot down anymore...footless stops are so satisfying when you time them right.

Back