Kosovo

Probably so. They changed to euro in 2023. When I went there it wasn´t even in EU. We rented houses from old ladies in harbours. I doubt a room isn´t cheap in a off beaten path. Not from internet searches. I don´t know what cheap is for you. But traveling alone. I mean. You rent an apartment or a room with kitchen. Buy food from supermarket.

You could also try lakes. I think that could be a good second cheapest option.

Don´t waste time in Montenegro. Unless for scenery. Some friends of mine went there and it sucked. Budva I think.

Thought you were also in Albania from your writings. Kosovo is 93% ethnic albanians. Same logic applies. Why go there? But to each his own.

Travelling 2 days by plane from Australia to end up in Kosovo or Northern Macedonia??? Unless family or friends. What is this?

When they ask you why are you there. I would probably answer because it´s winter in Australia. And it´s a part of Europe you haven´t been before. You need to maximize Australia. It´s a country with good image. A friend of mine had lived in California. He would always show his Califonia driving license. That guy was such a tool. Loool. Australia doesn´t suck for the majority of people.

But I reinforce. Unless you stay in a place long enough. You will only find low quality woman. You also need to select. And for it to happen you will need time. Unless you are extremely lucky.

These type of travels are forced. It´s almost forcing interaction. When it should come naturally. For it. Developing natural relationships. And it goes from there. When your young it´s ok. I think. You start talking to people because you have mutual interests.

Go to a church. It might surprise you. Ask for what you want. This may seem childish. Or irrational maybe. But give it a go. What do you have to lose? 10mnts?

Last edited:
you have to live in a city for minimum of 12 months and immerse yourself in the city to lock down a quality girl. There may be some exceptions where people get lucky but in general that is how it is.
Probably the best plan and you will be forced to pick a location that you actually like to live in and dont mind investing time in. whether you have a woman there or not.

Probably the best plan and you will be forced to pick a location that you actually like to live in and dont mind investing time in. whether you have a woman there or not.
Exactly. He must first like to live there. And then start developing normal relationships which will introduce him girls. If he is a quality man. His interests are first. And girls will follow. My wife met her when we were finishing college studies. She gave me half a sandwich one time in the cafeteria. And I was like. This girl is special. And she was. All the whores I wasted my time with meant nothing. If they died tomorrow I wouldn´t even blink an eye. She feeds me too much food though. I need to get serious with this weight shit.

The quest for foreigners girls most of the time. Is a subconscious way to put an expiration date in relationships. You or her will leave. It´s nonsense. I favored foreigners because of it.

I don´t know his age. But after 30-35. Going in girls hunting trips. He should focus in creating the nest he wants to attract girls into. Not the other way around. He needs to get his shit together. And make a decision if he really wants a relationship and the things it carries.

My 2 cents. I´m off to the beach.

Thought you were also in Albania from your writings. Kosovo is 93% ethnic albanians. Same logic applies. Why go there? But to each his own.
In Kosovo it's probably 95% Muslim now, because it's not just ethnic Albanians who are Muslim, some other peoples there too.
Used to be many more atheists 20-30 years ago, Islam had gotten a lot stronger since. Whoever stayed and dated there 20 years ago, it was not the same world.

Doing 200-500 approaches with almost zero dates or connections formed is going to be somewhat ego shattering. Especially if you are in this foreign country alone without a proper social network. It can be seriously despair inducing to be alone in a foreign country with the goal to meet women not working out. Are you doing direct or indirect game?

I disagree with joining clubs etc... unless you are gonna be there for months at a time. If you are just there for a month it's probably better to just get what you can from daygame.

Do you work remotely? How old are you?

I don’t work remotely.
I have a physical job. I’m just on holidays now. I am in my mid thirties

I mostly do indirect game in the Balkans because here direct game doesn’t work so well.

When people say "Albanians" they're referring to Kosovars and North Albanians, it's the same people, for locals the borders are open & it's now 1 country in practice. They're a central Asian peoples, like Chechens or Armenians. In Tirana & southward they're quite different, it's much more Greek & Turk influence. What little tourists do go to Albania/Kosovo are in Tirana & the south. Most foreigners living in Albania/Kosovo long term are US military.
Not really, Central Asian peoples are Uzbek, Tajik, Turkmen, Kyrgyz, Kazakh and such, very different.
Chechen and Armenians are Caucasian people, not in a sense as used to describe "White" but in a sense that they're from Caucasus Mountains and all peoples living there are quite similar and tend to have a lot of haplogroup G, especially G-M201 which Albanians hardly have.
Caucasus Mountains are located in Europe, not Asia..
Albanians got very similar DNA haplogroups to Greeks and Turks, drastically different from Croatians, who got North and South Slavic haplogroups mostly and only little Middle-eastern/North-African DNA.
Albanians have more than half of Middle-Eastern DNA: J (Arabian) and E3b (North African) haplogroups.
When Turks had conquered nations, which they did a lot, they committed mass rapes, it's kind of well known fact, to make people around become more Turkish, so definitely likely to be a part of it all. People would get blood from pox-infected cow and put in on the cut in their daughter's face, to disfigure them so that Turks won't rape them.

Last edited:
I am in Ohrid now doing sightseeing. And it’s just as hard to meet women here as Skopje. Macedonians are very closed minded people in general. They are not interested in meeting new people and I bent over backwards trying and even tried to befriend local guys also etc.

I am in Ohrid now doing sightseeing. And it’s just as hard to meet women here as Skopje. Macedonians are very closed minded people in general. They are not interested in meeting new people and I bent over backwards trying and even tried to befriend local guys also etc.
Geee.... Seems like folks are conditioned to sex tourism. As a viewer... these posts are both predicable and comical.

I am in Ohrid now doing sightseeing. And it’s just as hard to meet women here as Skopje. Macedonians are very closed minded people in general. They are not interested in meeting new people and I bent over backwards trying and even tried to befriend local guys also

You're looking for virgin guys now or did I misunderstand? That's probably even harder to find but good luck to you.

Balkans in the summer probably isn't the best bet but all it really takes is one woman to change your fortunes around. It's not surprising that the vast majority are not interested in an American tourist.

Any updates?

I was in Albania over August. Has certainly become more of a tourist hot spot.

I’m an Australian tourist not an American tourist but yeah in general Balkans people are very racist. Even in discussions with local young people here numerous times they told me literally “people in the Balkans are very racist” I didn’t say that they said it to me! And it’s true. Balkans people are very racist, nationalistic and suspicious of outsiders. I could write so many stories of experiences I had here.

Apart from the racism Balkans girls are just very closed minded in general. Girls will not go on a date with you unless they have known you for a long time and you have been introduced. It’s rare to meet a girl here dating a foreigner but when you do the story is still ridiculous.

Last night in Skopje I met a half Macedonian half German girl and she told me she had a foreign boyfriend who was German. She has family in Germany and her sister lives there and introduced her to a German guy that she knew for many years. After the introduction to the German guy they were friends for 2 years before they started dating. And still she is half German so she has only dated the German guy and before that Macedonian guys. Girls very rarely race mix in the Balkans, it’s extremely rare.

In the Balkans western style dating is not a thing, girls won’t just casually go on a coffee date with you to get to know you. Girls here act as if a coffee date is a huge deal. It’s not like Latin America where you can casually invite a girl and her friends for lunch on the same day you meet them to get to know her better.

general Balkans people are very racist. Even in discussions with local young people here numerous times they told me literally “people in the Balkans are very racist” I didn’t say that they said it to me! And it’s true. Balkans people are very racist, nationalistic and suspicious of outsiders. I could write so many stories of experiences I had here.

Apart from the racism Balkans girls are just very closed minded in general.
Better racist and nationalistic than anti-racist and rootless.

I think if you spoke their language to some extent or had some other link to it such as business which gave you a lot of cultural understanding it may help. Knew the history, the music, film, literature, traditions etc.

I hope they stay racist and close-minded over there. Well, good that you're learning about where not to go.

You have to just accept as an expat or traveler that a lot of regions are simply close-minded like that, and it's good that they are like that but if you don't have sufficient links such as language, business or family, don't expect to do much more there than sightseeing, go somewhere else.

Pretty cool that you checked out Skopje however, was the food any good...

To be honest food in Macedonia was nothing special. Not horrible but not memorable either. Food in Kosovo was amazing.

And in the short amount of time I tried my best to understand their culture by visiting many different places, starting to learn a little bit of Albanian language, eating their foods, reading about their history and interacting with locals. I even have a Macedonian friend from Australia who is in Macedonia now and we have been hanging out. He even introduced me to people from his home town but even with his introduction girls still would not accept me because I’m an outsider.

Tonight I almost got into a fight with a punk Albanian teenager in Skopje (long story), but the short version is I was talking to a waitress who seemed to like me in the coffee shop and it was allegedly his girlfriend. After I left the coffee shop he followed me out with his friend (and I was with my friend also).
He got up in my face and started an argument. I was very tempted to beat him to a pulp and hospitalise him (I’m much bigger than him and have substantial martial arts training) but I managed to diffuse the situation. Wasn’t worth the hassle of having to go to the police station and deal with legal headaches over a punk kid. But he was extremely lucky that I have a huge amount of self control.

In general North Macedonia and Kosovo seem like very low IQ countries. the amount of low IQ behaviour, poor customer service, dysfunction, thug behaviour, rules which don’t make sense, etc that I see every day is mind boggling

It reminds me a bit of Latin America except here people are very unfriendly and they have less crime.

The most positive interaction I had in the Balkans was with tourist girls. In Macedonia I met a group of Estonian tourists one time and another time I met a bunch of Latvian tourists and one time o met a bunch of Ukrainian tourists. Those were the most memorable experiences in terms of people.

Balkans people aside from being racist also seem unfriendly and low IQ.

Last edited:
To be honest, I had a different experience in Albania and Montenegro.

I found the women there generally quite interested in meeting a foreigner. A lot of these were 'dates to nowhere' where the women just wanted a chat in English though to be fair. But I didn't find it difficult to get at least that.

How long are you staying in Skopje?

Saying the Balkans as a whole are racist is a stretch. They're super nationalistic and love their culture. If you're willing to integrate, learn the language and customs, they will treat you like a king. They will stop whatever They're doing just to take pictures with you and test your language skills and music knowledge first hand.

Anyway, props for visiting Kosovo. I'm too lazy to learn Albanian, though admittedly I'm very intrigued by the idea of visiting Kosovo and interacting with the Muslims and Serbs. Everything about Kosovo fascinates me though.

As for Montenegro, if you're looking to meet women, it makes little sense to go there, unless you're staying for long (as someone else mentioned) or you have the language skills that distinguish you from just a random tourist. The country essentially consists of a bunch of villages.

Maybe one general stereotype to keep in mind: a lot of Balkan people actually assume that western men are either sex tourists OR gay. When they think of western masculinity they think of Eurovision and LGBT stuff. It's obviously just a stereotype, but that perception definitely exists.

Back