Donald Trump

I thought Orange’s speech started out strong, with a calm demeanor and a hushed tone, then after about 20 minutes he abandoned that and flipped to his rally persona. The man likes a crowd. He said “China virus” and “Crazy Nancy” and things like that. Red meat for guys like me, but to win over normies he should have stayed in the original mode throughout. Probably a lot of people just caught the beginning anyway though, since he went on at around 10pm eastern time.

With Biden and the Dems in disarray (sounds like a black woman’s name), and his courageous response to being shot, he should be playing don’t mess up game from now until November.

Last edited:

3GejOnI.png

Last edited:
The cynic in me wonders thus: Donald Trump is no idiot, so knowing he's vulnerable to assassination, why would he not have his own trusted security batman to run the rule over all security details at these events. If he had such a fellow, then all of these security "errors" would've been spotted and mitigated against. It all reads like a movie script to me.

The cynic in me wonders thus: Donald Trump is no idiot, so knowing he's vulnerable to assassination, why would he not have his own trusted security batman to run the rule over all security details at these events. If he had such a fellow, then all of these security "errors" would've been spotted and mitigated against. It all reads like a movie script to me.
That's actually a good question. However, he did request extra SS support, multiple times even. They also specifically drew away even more staff to Jill's event.

Then on top of that they were told they couldn't go on that roof for safety reasons.

I suspect that Trump had reason to believe the SS were more than sufficient as they were, and it took deliberate sabotage to change that.

I'm pretty sure Trump was trying to save money by relying on the Secret Service, and the SS got short-staffed on purpose for this particular assassination attempt.

Previously, for the past 8 years, Trump's SS detail was top notch, so it's reasonable for Trump to have assumed they would be good here too.

I doubt Trump will be cheap from here on out.

I'm pretty sure Trump was trying to save money by relying on the Secret Service, and the SS got short-staffed on purpose for this particular assassination attempt.

Previously, for the past 8 years, Trump's SS detail was top notch, so it's reasonable for Trump to have assumed they would be good here too.

I doubt Trump will be cheap from here on out.
You vote down too eagerly (especially so as you are a mod) , even when you haven't comprehended the point. Having a personal security advisor and confidente costs peanuts for a man of Trump's wealth. SS are not his people, he needs his own people or person to mediate and advise. Now vote this down, sheesh you're hard work at times man.

You vote down too eagerly (especially so as you are a mod) , even when you haven't comprehended the point. Having a personal security advisor and confidente costs peanuts for a man of Trump's wealth. SS are not his people, he needs his own people or person to mediate and advise. Now vote this down, sheesh you're hard work at times man.

Being a mod means you're not allowed to have an opinion and engage on the forum? Come on, you would rather have a bunch of guys hiding behind the curtain who don't care other than to swoop in and shut us down like other forums?

You want to say Trump made a mistake and should have had better security than the SS. Okay great I won't even argue about the concept of better security than the SS....so what?

Last edited:
You want to say Trump made a mistake and should have had better security than the SS. Okay great....so what?

Well let’s look at the facts we do have. The head of the usss, Kimberly cheatle is very much compromised. When she says “we could not put any agents on a sloped roof where the sniper was”, it is not so much of a nonsense answer but a veiled threat.

“We can arrange a hit on Trump, we can make similar arrangements for anyone who criticizes me or wants to look into this matter”,

If you are Trump, do you want to rely on this person for your protection?

Well let’s look at the facts we do have. The head of the usss, Kimberly cheatle is very much compromised. When she says “we could not put any agents on a sloped roof where the sniper was”, it is not so much of a nonsense answer but a veiled threat.

“We can arrange a hit on Trump, we can make similar arrangements for anyone who criticizes me or wants to look into this matter”,

If you are Trump, do you want to rely on this person for your protection?

Well from here on out I'm sure he won't but to critique someone for not having the foresight to see that the SS is not good enough for protection is a bit of a reach....

It's like buying a Ford and getting hurt in a bad wreck because the Ford had a defect and then saying "it's his fault he should have known to buy a Toyota they are built better". It's not a real critique, it's a critique for someone that just hates Trump and wants to find anything they can to drop on his head.

UThat's actually a good question. However, he did request extra SS support, multiple times even. They also specifically drew away even more staff to Jill's event.

Then on top of that they were told they couldn't go on that roof for safety reasons.
There was also a NATO Summit (July 9-11) in Washington, DC, which required additional protection resources from various Alphabet Agencies for international leaders.

I suspect that Trump had reason to believe the SS were more than sufficient as they were, and it took deliberate sabotage to change that.

Former U.S. Presidents get lifetime protection.

18 U.S. Code § 3056 - Powers, authorities, and duties of United States Secret Service​

(a)Under the direction of the Secretary of Homeland Security, the United States Secret Service is authorized to protect the following persons:
(3)Former Presidents and their spouses for their lifetimes, except that protection of a spouse shall terminate in the event of remarriage.

(4)Children of a former President who are under 16 years of age.

Keep in mind that the Democrats in Congress proposed a bill last April to strip U.S. Secret Service protection if Trump were to find guilty of bogus criminal charges.

Being a mod means you're not allowed to have an opinion and engage on the forum? Come on, you would rather have a bunch of guys hiding behind the curtain who don't care other than to swoop in and shut us down like other forums?

You want to say Trump made a mistake and should have had better security than the SS. Okay great I won't even argue about the concept of better security than the SS....so what?
Good mods are generally, in my experience, more restrained and certainly less strident. And only sissies down vote.

But the bigger point here is how "why would he not have his own trusted security batman to run the rule over all security details at these events" and "Having a personal security advisor and confidente costs peanuts for a man of Trump's wealth." can be misconstrued so easily by 2 people. A personal advisor is not a team, a personal advisor is someone whose judgement you trust and act upon. Trump, 'what do you think Jeeves?' 'I don't like it Sir. There's inexperienced personnel...' etc.

It's just an opinion, not particularly groundbreaking, but get it right.

Back