• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

You think LINK is risky? I thought that was just about as safe a play as there could be. First BTC, then ETH, followed by LINK.
Link is a solid project with strong fundamentals but it is kind of a ''Boomer coin'', already too big but obviously can have greater returns than other coins. Probably 5x-10x from here. The best play is having a Strong foundation of Bitcoin and eth, then take bigger risks with 20-30 percent of your portfolio and realising those profits back to Bitcoin. I did that with my 10x profits on Avax back to Bitcoin at 57k so that's solid advice I wish I had heard sooner with other coins.

Link is a solid project with strong fundamentals but it is kind of a ''Boomer coin'', already too big but obviously can have greater returns than other coins. Probably 5x-10x from here. The best play is having a Strong foundation of Bitcoin and eth, then take bigger risks with 20-30 percent of your portfolio and realising those profits back to Bitcoin. I did that with my 10x profits on Avax back to Bitcoin at 57k so that's solid advice I wish I had heard sooner with other coins.

I haven’t really messed with alt coins much. Just eth and btc. I did buy a chunk of alph few days ago. What you say is spot on. I may likely hold alph for a year or 2 or more, if it does moon in 2025 or 2026, then turn a lot of it back to eth, btc or a newer alt coin that has potential.

Topia is interesting but I’ll probably wait: if the game takes off and becomes popular and $topia is the currency people buy to use in game, then sure it could go way up.

If the game sucks and no one plays then it’s already overvalued

More likely, if I had to guess it’s somewhere in the middle. It will probably not be the next Minecraft but will not totally suck either but probably won’t have as big a user base as Minecraft at its height, few games get that popular

Has the crypto playbook officially shifted from "DCA into Bitcoin and HODL to survive the imminent dollar/financial collapse" to "Buy into Twitter-hyped shitcoins and ride the wave before unloading on some hapless bagholder?"

Because that seems to be the direction of the thread. I suppose it is a new year. Perhaps the season of crypto has changed?

Has the crypto playbook officially shifted from "DCA into Bitcoin and HODL to survive the imminent dollar/financial collapse" to "Buy into Twitter-hyped shitcoins and ride the wave before unloading on some hapless bagholder?"

Because that seems to be the direction of the thread. I suppose it is a new year. Perhaps the season of crypto has changed?

I’m guessing you’re bearish on crypto in general?

Totally fine.

Ethereum and Bitcoin are on fire this month and continue to be good buys to buy and hodl for the coming months and years

And oddly that’s exactly what I did with ethereum and Bitcoin, I regret not buying more earlier, I didn’t get on board until 2020 and 2021.

It’s fine to buy those and hodl

Ethereum, I have a decent amount now and
you need ethereum to buy shit coins from the ethereum network . Your choice either buy ethereum to gamble and turn it into a shit coin (wait for it to moon then dump it on to a bag holder) or just sit on ethereum.

To answer your original question, it’s both . I’m doing both

How high can they go? They (eth and btc) could still hit an all time high that is 5x or 10x where they are today in the next 5 years. Just basing that on the last couple of cycles from the last 5 years.

I remain bullish

I remain broadly skeptical of crypto in general, mostly because it's basically useless except for financial speculation (for which it is most excellent). And the longer you follow crypto, the more incoherent the arguments of its proponents become. As I noted, a year ago it was all about buying Bitcoin to weather the impending financial apocalypse and to stick it to the bankers. Now that a Bitcoin ETF has been approved (by the elites and bankers who are supposedly existentially threatened by it... odd), that argument seems to have fallen by the wayside, and we're back to talking about the "inevitability" of Bitcoin as a global reserve currency/commodity, optimism which seems to be fueling excitement for a new wave of shitcoin pump and dump schemes.

Let's just be honest: it's all about gambling. It's the lure of making a quick buck. The rush of a possible 100x or more. There are no "fundamentals" here. There are no compelling "projects" with experienced and trustworthy "developers". This is simply a space full of schemers, scammers and charlatans all looking to turn a profit through clever hype and self-promotion on social media. That's it. That's all it is.

Of course, that doesn't mean a savvy individual with a healthy appetite for risk can't take advantage of the situation to make some money through trading. But caveat emptor. Every trade has a losing side. And even if you're riding a hot streak, your luck probably won't last. Men should exercise caution and certainly not "invest" any more than they're willing to lose. It's advice that is all-too-easily ignored, however, as it's easy to become blinded by the allure of getting rich quick, a prospect that is even more enticing in a poor economic environment like we currently face.

I just hate to see guys lose money, especially since most of the losers are those who can least afford it. If you're one of the few who's managed to make a ton of money trading crypto, my hat's off to you, but you're unfortunately the exception. Most guys would be financially better served by investing in a boring old stock portfolio and focusing their time and energy on developing their professional skillset and network, rather than breathlessly following crypto-Twitter and gambling on the latest shitcoins.

Ser, keep it quiet. This time the exit liquidity is Jamie Dimon and other people named after jewels and precious metals.

Everyone should be out by 1 Jan 2026. And then back in by 1 Jan 2027.

No financial trading is Christian. It should all be banned.

But you can use your winnings for Christian ends. I am going to use my winnings to pay people to write articles to bring down the ZOG and promote chastity until marriage. I want as much of Jamie's money as I can get.

@slowpoke will outplay you all this year, with his outside positions.

I actually don't have any holdings in SOL yet - I'm waiting until the correction starts to load up and expect it to happen late this month or Feb. SOL really caught a lot of people off guard especially what happened during the bear market so not a lot of people saw it coming unless you paid close attention to the charts (I trade crypto and forex)

Coins that I'm looking at to reload (I've just taken profit on my spot bags with the exception of ETH and MATIC).

Safe Cryptos:
BTC at 30-34K (I expect prices to max out at around 70K judging by the diminishing returns from each cycle)
ETH could correct between 2000 - 1800 and I expect it to go b/t 7K - 12K at the height of the cycle.

Risky Alts but worth having in your bags
LINK
SOL
AVAX
MATIC
SUI
ARB
XMR

I keep it relatively safe and simple for spot and I avoid meme coins.

Do you have a projection for a correction? I've seen this coming for 4-5 weeks. Most of the last six weeks has been mildly sideways up, with heavy rotation. Not a huge amount of new money coming in. The BTC buy sell singals have been flipping one way then the other. Even now after the ETFs went live there is not much sign of it moving from the range it's being traded in.

BTC support at $44K. If it gets dumped below that, then I think the market bleeds 20-30%, then sideways, resuming the bull around Jun-Aug. Th ETF activity was obviously priced in, so I don't see any new moves to new ATHs out of nothing. Just waiting for someone to dump.

Right now I am short ICP, just had a big rally, overbought.

Do you have a projection for a correction? I've seen this coming for 4-5 weeks. Most of the last six weeks has been mildly sideways up, with heavy rotation. Not a huge amount of new money coming in. The BTC buy sell singals have been flipping one way then the other. Even now after the ETFs went live there is not much sign of it moving from the range it's being traded in.

BTC support at $44K. If it gets dumped below that, then I think the market bleeds 20-30%, then sideways, resuming the bull around Jun-Aug. Th ETF activity was obviously priced in, so I don't see any new moves to new ATHs out of nothing. Just waiting for someone to dump.

Right now I am short ICP, just had a big rally, overbought.

The correction target could range between 39K - 27K for BTC. For ALTs, it will vary dramatically.

Also - we could potentially take out the current high for BTC and then go down.

BTC at 30-34K (I expect prices to max out at around 70K judging by the diminishing returns from each cycle)
It never goes as high in each bull market as people say (remember people saying in 2020/2021 that it was going to go to 250k etc. However, I think this cycle 70k is a little low, though I do understand your reasoning - and it's better to be pleasantly surprised than unpleasantly underwhelmed. That said, I think we could probably expect to see 100-200k (Cynllo posted a chart showing realistic potential of 200-300k). But, it's essentially just educated guesses really and who knows now that institutions have got involved.

Let's just be honest: it's all about gambling.
You are right. I admit it. It is.
Most guys would be financially better served by investing in a boring old stock portfolio
As a crypto investor gambler, I'm okay with doubling my money over the course of 4 years hodling BTC and ETH, rather than waiting 10 years for the same in the S&P 500. I think that is a pretty safe bet.

IMG_3892.jpeg

Why do people continue to buy Bitcoin over Monero? Monero has replaced Bitcoin as the black market's crypto of choice. Monero is actually used as a currency while Bitcoin is not. The "store of value" argument for Bitcoin doesn't make sense to me since Bitcoin takes a tumble along with the stock market. Monero is private and enjoys cheap transaction fees while Bitcoin needs layer-2 solutions for these functions (ex. the lightning network). What's the argument for buying Bitcoin? Why does it continue to rise in value while Monero has stagnated? How bullish or bearish are you guys when it comes to Monero? Does Monero have a good future?

Why do people continue to buy Bitcoin over Monero? Monero has replaced Bitcoin as the black market's crypto of choice. Monero is actually used as a currency while Bitcoin is not. The "store of value" argument for Bitcoin doesn't make sense to me since Bitcoin takes a tumble along with the stock market. Monero is private and enjoys cheap transaction fees while Bitcoin needs layer-2 solutions for these functions (ex. the lightning network). What's the argument for buying Bitcoin? Why does it continue to rise in value while Monero has stagnated? How bullish or bearish are you guys when it comes to Monero? Does Monero have a good future?
I'm an admitted Bitcoin maxi, so I don't know much about Monero beyond it's reputation as an excellent coin for privacy.

From a privacy perspective, does Monero hold any advantage over the true, non-KYC Bitcoin I went to great lengths to procure?

There’s extra steps to get monero. I tried to buy some a few years ago and gave up. I’m in New York State and they make it much more difficult to deal crypto here. Binance, kraken, and most of the other exchanges will not pay for the license required to operate an exchange in New York . Coinbase does operate in New York. And I guess Robinhood

I also couldn’t buy kaspa but have it on my watch list . I’m hoping kaspa will be available later this year, it got on binance in November 2023. (Do not buy wrapped kaspa it’s just a third party token and not the real coin of kaspa)

I guess the desire for monero is in case the government wants to come after your money, or if you get me too’d , or cancelled, etc they won’t be able to access your monero?

I get that. If you’re ok with the extra steps it takes to buy it then go ahead

The main reason is it has collosal amounts of evangelism and a lot if infrastructure built on or connected to it. There has been a big crack down on Monero and it's been delisted from a lot of exchanges. It seems the powers at be are happy to deal with public ledgers, but despises privacy coins. Monero does the job it is required to do. It is easy to get hold of for anyone with basic crypto literacy and then you can go any buy whatever you want without it being traceable.

Bitcoin has had no challenger since 2017, when ETH came close to flipping it briefly. And I think in the same year Bitcoin Cash did briefly flip Ethereum. I think the closest we will get to that happening this year is Solana will try and flip Ethereum and fail to do so. It is belief and evangelism that keeps BTC well above the rest.

At this point BTC is typically sold as a private decentralised reserve asset. And it has been a store of value, as of now, for all but about 3 months of its history.

My take is that it needs to become the base layer for decentralised applications to survive. For that see the Stacks thread in Work and Finance. This is a smart contract platform built on BTC. But it is slow. Right now it is seriously congested. Though that is meant to be fixed in a coming upgrade. So at some point in the future, you want to buy a house, play a game, pay someone, go to court etc. You'd need to use a tiny amount of BTC or BTC derived asset to do those things.

There needs to be a trustless system for moving currency, building applications, moving data, verifying validity, establishing ownership etc. And right now there is nothing that can do this at internet speed, securely and low cost.

Bitcoin is the first mover here, and it doesn't do the job on its own. And there is currently nothing that does this job on top of it.

People are trial and erroring what might work and slowly projects are coming up with useful and usable tech. E.g. $ALPH mentioned in here solves an issue with permissions that is leading a lot of ETH users to be hacked. ALPH uses lots of tech created by other projects, like shared. Its other selling point is that its a shared Proof of less work chain that can handle around 14,000 transactions per second (TPS). As opposed to 7 with BTC.

Two projects worth looking at are $QUBIC and $TRIAS. The first runs at 40 million TPS. The second has bundled everything in needed to run decentralised apps, e.g. cloud computing, storage and optional private transfers.

Either all this gets built on top of BTC, ETH or SOL or another chain emerges that does it all. BTC advocates say BTC is essential as it is the most secure. But I don't think it is and that eventually BTC will be replaced. Though there is a lot of heavy lifting to get the adoption to shift from chain X to chain Y. The bottleneck will eventually be speed. And its not too much work for a decentralised project to switch chains.

A lot of people have made the mistake of comparing crypto to the internet. Using BTC wallets as a measure. By this metric we are at around 2007 with adoption. But how often do those wallets do anything compared to the masses of internet users in 2007.

The correct way of looking at this is comparing crypto to the creation of LANs, which I think was in 1967. So comparing to that we'd be at about 1982 now. Though really it's more like the late 80s for comparison. The level and speed of decentralised apps etc. is very primitive and will need a lot of time to find out how they are actually useable. Much of what will be built will be thrown away. Billions will be burn in dead ends. And at the end there will be something that can run every application and service in the world on top of it.

Looks like the crypto correction has begun. If you haven't started, buy several prime ALTs at the bottom. Selling Nov-Dec 2025, provide USD margin for a year. Buy back.

There’s extra steps to get monero. I tried to buy some a few years ago and gave up. I’m in New York State and they make it much more difficult to deal crypto here. Binance, kraken, and most of the other exchanges will not pay for the license required to operate an exchange in New York . Coinbase does operate in New York. And I guess Robinhood

I also couldn’t buy kaspa but have it on my watch list . I’m hoping kaspa will be available later this year, it got on binance in November 2023. (Do not buy wrapped kaspa it’s just a third party token and not the real coin of kaspa)

I guess the desire for monero is in case the government wants to come after your money, or if you get me too’d , or cancelled, etc they won’t be able to access your monero?

I get that. If you’re ok with the extra steps it takes to buy it then go ahead

You can buy by card in a few mins. Details here -

You can buy by card in a few mins. Details here -

Again, it’s not available in New York State. The only exchanges that are available are coinbase, Gemini, and Robinhood.

If you are going to suggest using a vpn to spoof my address please don’t, this seems like asking for trouble.

I am guessing local monero could work, but suspect that the transaction would get blocked saying the exchange or transfer is not available in New York .

Last edited:
Again, it’s not available in New York State. The only exchanges that are available are coinbase, Gemini, and Robinhood.

If you are going to suggest using a vpn to spoof my address please don’t, this seems like asking for trouble.
What harm can happen if you use vpn?

Back