• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

Listen to this.

Attachments

• audio_2024-01-18_08-11-51.ogg
    2.5 MB
Ok I’ll check it later

This is what convinced me to make a bigger position in kaspa today. It’s one of the miners showing they can mine kaspa a lot easier than other coins(this sounds familiar to sei and alph, those are my 3 biggest positions right now. After btc and eth )

About 3 minutes in.

I don’t think anyone can say for certain how this translates to price growth on these coins jn particular over the next 12-24 months other than that they all should go up a ton.

We really should talk about a selling strategy as I’d suggest that’s even more important than which coins you pick. A few if you post twitter posts from Alex Becker, and he’s one if about 2 dozen YouTubers I’ve watched to try to cone up with a strategy. Alex is one of the few that talk a selling strategy His selling strategy is this:

When btc hits its all time high you sell half of your sh!t coins and bank some profit . On the next big pump you sell 50% of what’s left . Then the next big pump you sell another 50% of what’s left then when the bottom dies fall out and all of the bag holders that were hodling like apes they get wiped out. That is how 90% of the crypto gamblers lose money , do not be a bag holder.

We really should be talking about selling on here. It’s easy to buy sh!t coins that go up in value during a bear market. Not so easy to exit with a sound strategy to make a good profit .

Has the crypto playbook officially shifted from "DCA into Bitcoin and HODL to survive the imminent dollar/financial collapse" to "Buy into Twitter-hyped shitcoins and ride the wave before unloading on some hapless bagholder?"

Because that seems to be the direction of the thread. I suppose it is a new year. Perhaps the season of crypto has changed?
I have the same thought. I'm interested in arguments around bitcoin being a "liferaft" or an escape from the insane monetary system. Michael Saylor's arguments appeal to me.
Most guys would be financially better served by investing in a boring old stock portfolio
Hard agree here as well. I'm DCA on the S&P 500, managing real estate investments, and looking to buy a business, likely from a retiring boomer.

and focusing their time and energy on developing their professional skillset and network, rather than breathlessly following crypto-Twitter and gambling on the latest shitcoins.
Professional skillset and network have got to be the real winners, if you are reasonably young. Even if you're say 55, if you find the right real estate investment, that could take care of you for the rest of your life.

All the noise about shitcoins tells me we are in a bull market. So that's nice. But I learned my lesson holding some of my crypto portfolio in LUNA and on platforms that went under.

Allocate something to bitcoin -- you won't get FOMO if it goes to the moon -- and then go back to a disciplined life.

Last edited:
Listen to this.
The guy has a great point. Useful technology is nothing without social adoption. He makes the bear case for most altcoins.

It's actually the bear case for all of crypto, including bitcoin. What if the social movement around it slows or stops?

The guy has a great point. Useful technology is nothing without social adoption. He makes the bear case for most altcoins.

It's actually the bear case for all of crypto, including bitcoin. What if the social movement around it slows or stops?
The snowball and social attraction to BTC has already occurred though, which means they'll keep going to it as others fail.

We really should be talking about selling on here. It’s easy to buy sh!t coins that go up in value during a bear market. Not so easy to exit with a sound strategy to make a good profit .

I have posted this a few times.

Gauge an exit market cap rank (#) for each coin you hold. Base this on where similar coins went last season, how they are looking this season, and what signals the project is giving off.

So for $KAS - I would be looking at #10-20. Once it's in that range, you want to be looking to sell. It's probably not going > #10, and if it does, you can't complain if you sold at #15.

For lower cap, like $TOPIA, you will need to revise these as they move or don't move. I would put $TOPIA as a #30-200 right now. With the activity
under it #30-100 might come soon.

In 2021, classes of coins often pumped, and then the pumps rotated to other classes. Notice these pumps and when your coin gets one, it will probably be time to get out and rotate into something else. One good rotation will serve you well. Let's say you get a 30X on $ALPH, you cash out, the market corrects 40%, you scope out a coin that's been hammered hard. You buy it. It goes 30X. $1,000 -> $30,000 -> $900,000.

It doesn't matter if you miss out on Xs. What matters is you get out well above where the coins will be in Nov 2026.

Sell everything you still hold in Nov-Dec 2026. If you wake up and there is a 10% correction in that window, get out.

Who is the speaker?

It's looking more like a correction is coming.

Last edited:
. One good rotation will serve you well. Let's say you get a 30X on $ALPH, you cash out, the market corrects 40%, you scope out a coin that's been hammered hard. You buy it. It goes 30X. $1,000 -> $30,000 -> $900,000.

This seems incredibly risky to put all the profits you make into another sh!tcoin. If I wake up and see that I make 30x on alph I’m banking all of it in a stable coin like usdt. I might put a little bit of it into another coin that got hammered early and is starting to maybe come back if I went from $1000 to $30000 on a particular coin and it popped early then I’m getting out with at least 25k maybe put the other 5k into another coin.

It doesn't matter if you miss out on Xs. What matters is you get out well above where the coins will be in Nov 2026.

Sell everything you still hold in Nov-Dec 2026. If you wake up and there is a 10% correction in that window, get out.

It's looking more like a correction is coming.

Yes it could very well be coming . I’m ok with that I still want to try to buy qnt at under $100/coin. They just partnered with the central banks like the Bank of England and are one of the few coins that has actual utility

And your link is absolutely right. Sei is being marketed as a eth killer and so are a lot of other coins. Eth isn’t going anywhere. Even if solana or sei or alph becomes widely used as a native currency eth is still so well adopted that it’s not going to not be used. Probably. Its gas fees are quite annoying but a lot of good sh!t coins are on the eth network. Heck alph is on the eth network

Last edited:
I got out of large bags last night and am short Sei, ENS, ICP and ASTR. USDT in margin lending.

Support seems to be around $2,100 ETH, maybe around $1.40 for $ALPH. Will be monitoring what gets hit hard for re-entry.

Honest question here (seems like the right place for it): jews have got to have a heavy hand in crypto innit? They are heavily involved everywhere else money and finance are to be seen. How do jews play a role in crypto? This buyer wants to beware.

I got out of large bags last night and am short Sei, ENS, ICP and ASTR. USDT in margin lending.

Support seems to be around $2,100 ETH, maybe around $1.40 for $ALPH. Will be monitoring what gets hit hard for re-entry.

Eh you’re ballsier than me. I’m not getting out of anything but may decrease my average cost and buy more of a few, because it could easily jump back, or it could fall back down another 20-30%. My big holdings (kaspa, sei, btc, eth) moved down about 10% except alph which got hammered, (about 25% the past week) I’m planning on buying big on quant if it drops under 100, I could also buy more of alph to decrease avg cost.

Ethereum is only down 6% the past week and btc is down 10% the past week. I bought alph at 2.31, it’s now 1.70, . I’m not that worried yet.

Small cap coins have a lot more movement both directions (virtual poker has dropped the most from 7 cents to 4 cents. I am not not that worried . ). Youve got to ride these things out. As soon as I buy quant, which will be my last big bag, I may just stop looking at crypto for about 12 months, I’d give myself a heart attack. We have a pretty good idea the real bull run will happen after the halving which isn’t until April, expect the crypto market to bounce around until then .

Though I do regret not waiting a few weeks to pull the trigger on alph

What got my attention was when btc was getting close to 50k per coin and holding. It’s still over 40k. Next week it could drop to 30k or go back up to 50k, neither would surprise me

Originally bought eth at 1600 and again at 1500 and btc at 25000 , a couple years ago, all of this is spit trading, no futures, I do not mess with futures.

Last edited:
BUY the ETFs Rumor and Sell the News?

Harry Dent is easy to dismiss as a stopped clock - correct twice a day... However, he is a Harvard MBA and Expert in Markets, Generational Cycles (Boomers spending less now and Millennials begin Spending More) and expert in Fractal Waves (Elliott Motive Upwards and Retracement Corrective Wave Cycles).

Dent is a huge BTC proponent and will back up the Truck to Buy BTC when it corrects this year to the $3,200 to $11,000 USD range for its next major 5-year run to $760K USD.

Point is time to Hold off both BTC, ALTs and Stocks as they are all due for a major Fibonacci 89% retracement correction (A.K.A. CRASH) prior to the next bull run... Harry indicates the current BTC Wave is the Top of a Super ABC "B" Wave - the classic Bull Trap scenario before the C leg drop.

On today's Rant, Harry discusses the future of Bitcoin and why it is a leading indicator of the crash of our lifetime.

How can Harry be Correct?

1705347546088.png

The Blue Waves are a Major Fractal Cycle - one Fractal Degree LESS than a larger Primary Wave.

The $69K USD Top was the top of both a Major and Primary 5 Motive Waves Up. The subsequent Blue ABC down (53,540 pts) and current blue 1-2-3 3rd of 5 is in fact the A and B legs of a larger Primary Corrective wave... The Current 1-2-3 Corrects inverse Golden Ratio to .382 1 through 3 = 36.4K with a 5th back up to 57.8K 1-3-4 Fibonacci .618 Extension Target. See Yellow Oval.

Primary C wave then calculates as 57.8K minus 53.5K Primary A leg = $4.3K Retracement Target 1.1K higher than Harry Dent's worst case $3.2K USD scenario but lower than his Puerto Rico Cryptoneers or Crypto Buccaneers super optimistic $10K to $11K corrective Range.

So ask yourselves is this VooDoo Cryptonomics or is it Fibonacci Extensions and Retracements Mathematics???

As the OZ bros say wise men do not jump into north Oz river swimming holes until they throw in some Salty Crocs bird bait.

Hint - DO NOT BE THE CRYPTO CROCs BAIT! Keep your powder dry in 2024 and avoid premature etrigulation... then pull the trigger and Buy BTC at the Fib Retracements Fractal Primary C Leg Lows (3K to 4K) for the next Mega BTC Bull Run up to $760K per Harry in 5+/- years.

Michael Saylor of Micro Strategies is right you will be able to retire on One BTC - he is just way off on the Timing.

You can buy 10 BTC at the target low for what you will pay for One BTC Now approaching the 5 Wave Primary B Top.

Ignore Harry Dent at your own financial peril.

Harry Dent is the epitome of a broken clock. And a Harvard MBA means nothing I would pay zero attention to that degree. I like his work on generational cycles but you cannot look at them in isolation as they are just one factor among many affecting markets and the economy. He weights demographics too heavily and ignores most other factors leading to his lopsided analysis. He suffers from man with a hammer syndrome. Fractals are like reading tea leaves you can read whatever you want into them and its not a useful form of analysis in markets.

Here is an example of one of his many wrong calls.

6. Dow to Crash in 2013​

Since the 2008 crisis, a number of pundits put their names into the headlines with calls for a double dip recession and an ensuing market crash. You can probably find a dire prediction published somewhere on the web today, as someone tries to title-grab readers for more views to their site or blog. So, no doubt this one caught our attention.
“Dow Could Crash to 3,000 in 2013: Author” is the title of this 2011 piece. This outlandish prediction came from Harry Dent, CEO of economic research company HS Dent and the author of the ambiguously titled book “The Great Crash Ahead.” Dent predicted in 2011 that the Dow would have a tough 2012 and eventually crash to 3,000 in 2013; the index has not been that low since the early 1990s.

Th amount of diametrically wrong calls made by Harry Dent is astounding. Here is a link exploring some of the biggest calls he got wrong.

Last edited:
Honest question here (seems like the right place for it): jews have got to have a heavy hand in crypto innit? They are heavily involved everywhere else money and finance are to be seen. How do jews play a role in crypto? This buyer wants to beware.

Jews are all over blackrock and vanguard. I’d avoid the new crypto funds they put out and just buy your coins directly. Do your research, look at the math and make your decisions. Have a good selling strategy and do t get wiped out

The Cardano example is classic and yes, so obvious.

He proves why maxis are right, by the way. I sniffed that out a long, long time ago.
His point that basically shit coins are a gambling vehicle and you got to get onto the latest trends not the has been shit coins of yesteryear. I think the Bitcoin maxi posiiton is extreme to think that no useful tokens exist or will exist other than bitcoin. That would be like saying in the year 2000 that Amazon will be the only successful tech company. Most of the tech stocks from 1999 and 2000 eventually went to zero but a handful became giants. The same will happen with cryptos. Out of the thousands of cryptos you might get 20 or 30 of them will turn out to be big winners and dominate the crypto ecosystem over the next 20 years (most likely with Bitcoin and Ethereum retaining the top two spots) and the others will die off.

Eh you’re ballsier than me. I’m not getting out of anything but may decrease my average

I've been looking at weakness in the charts and sentiment for six weeks. You could have sold BTC at any point in most of the last six weeks and be up. Normally I wouldn't play, but this is a hedged position. I've picked three of the top ten biggest dumping tokens, so think I'm right about the rest. Those looked the weakest of of weak market.

Holding and buying more is good.

12h view is where it's switched into a negative trend: double reversal on new trend up and massive dump.

12.jpg

1d: you can also see the negative trend

1d.jpg

3d: shot through EMA, closing Bolling bands, MACD negative

3d.jpg

1w: MACD going negative

1w.jpg

As soon as I buy quant, which will be my last big bag, I may just stop looking at crypto for about 12 months

Does that include DCAing?

I used to watch quite a bit of Dent. Also agree he has some useful analysis, but misses a lot and is too hot on his own research. Unlike those like Schiff, he has realised that the Fed and other central banks, have a lot of power to prop things up. But he hasn't realised just how much. I watched months and months of his rants about the "next big leg down" and constantly pushing that out. Just the same video with a later date.

Not much point forcasting when we know that the Fed will prop up until people don't trust them any more.

Last edited:
Back