• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

Why do people continue to buy Bitcoin over Monero? Monero has replaced Bitcoin as the black market's crypto of choice. Monero is actually used as a currency while Bitcoin is not. The "store of value" argument for Bitcoin doesn't make sense to me since Bitcoin takes a tumble along with the stock market. Monero is private and enjoys cheap transaction fees while Bitcoin needs layer-2 solutions for these functions (ex. the lightning network). What's the argument for buying Bitcoin? Why does it continue to rise in value while Monero has stagnated? How bullish or bearish are you guys when it comes to Monero? Does Monero have a good future?
Monero is what crypto was supposed to be. But current crypto market is not about that but either about being a speculative bubble or USD tied.

I'm an admitted Bitcoin maxi, so I don't know much about Monero beyond it's reputation as an excellent coin for privacy.

From a privacy perspective, does Monero hold any advantage over the true, non-KYC Bitcoin I went to great lengths to procure?
From what I understand, please correct me if I'm wrong, Bitcoin has a public ledger and can never be truly private. All transactions using Bitcoin can be monitored. Whereas Monero doesn't use a public ledger.

I've read through this thread, but don't recall seeing any mention of Chainlink. What do people think about Chainlink?

From what I understand, please correct me if I'm wrong, Bitcoin has a public ledger and can never be truly private. All transactions using Bitcoin can be monitored. Whereas Monero doesn't use a public ledger.
Correct, Bitcoin is transparent and pseudonymous. The true Anonymous crypto is Monero. I buy only Non-kyc Bitcoin with a bot on telegram now, since I know understand how dangerous it is going to be in a few years time.

Last edited:
I've read through this thread, but don't recall seeing any mention of Chainlink. What do people think about Chainlink?

LINK is what I think of as a mature project that has held out at a higher market cap, which means that it's reached it's potential as far as market cap rank #. The top 20 coins mostly consists of L1/smart contract platforms. They are the top of the food-chain, really. LINK is a subsidiary project for blockchain infrastructure.

It depends on what your goal is. But I think the downside for LINK is probably bigger than the upside. It has a huge amount of competitors, and although I expect to see more infrastructure in the top 20 over time, we are seeing heavy action for new blockchains this season.

My target for BTC is $125K in late 2025. Using that as a measure LINK might go to a $24b cap in the same period. If it can get up to #8 (which I think is its ceiling) that would be $60b. It's $8b currently.

If you wanted to pick something from the top 20 with the best risk-reward I'd go for SOL. It's shown it has got fire under it so far. It's ecosystem is growing and could conceivably overtake ETH (if only for a short while). You can also get 8% / year for staking. I think the risk of SOL going down positions is much lower.

But it's not too difficult to pick out much lower caps that have big upside. The one mentioned back a few pages $TOPIA is increasingly attracting whales and will probably be the best performing gameFi token.

Bitcoin with a bot on telegram now, since I know understand how dangerous it is going to be in a few years time.

What do you see happening?

What harm can happen if you use vpn?

I’d be worried coinbase freezes my account. Or the irs comes after me, I don’t want to be a target if the irs

I suppose I could use a vpn to spoof my location to a country like Mexico then buy Bitcoin in a platform like cash app,then move the coin to mexc or binance futures, or coinex then swap it for kaspa, then move the kaspa coin to a wallet and store it. Then when kaspa eventually becomes available on coinbase I can swap it out and cash it out.

Or I could just wait until it’s available on coinbase then buy it.

When it does show up on one of the big exchanges it will likely get a big jump in price as new traders that we’re waiting to buy it will buy it.

The reason I’m interested in kaspa is they have a project similar to alph, and the earlier I buy the coin the better. We certainly do seem to be well into a bull run as all crypto is way up this year.

Also from what I understand , alt coins get absolutely hammered during a bear market and can lose 90% of their value from their high, so I want to be able to easily swap out kaspa either to another coin or to cash. I guess I could do that using a vpn again if the bull run ends and kaspa is not available on coinbase.

What I described *should* work but seems like a lot of extra steps

Edit when I search for which vpn to use to access binance, this is what comes up https://www.wizcase.com/blog/best-v...a8wc-JyrSdELMnsnrckfkH1Czz--rPGMaAk1eEALw_wcB

And they flat out say right away, using a vpn to access binance can result in a ban if caught. But if you’re ok with the risk then yeah. I don’t think I’d use any large amount on a gamble like this, like $1000 or $2000 or less because I don’t want to lose access to whatever coin I buy(in this case kaspa), and losing access to the coin over a restriction is just flushing money down the toilet

I’ll consider it

Last edited:
What harm can happen if you use vpn?

Here’s an article discussing kucoin, an offshore crypto platform .don’t underestimate how dirty/corruption/shady New York politicians are. (Cue the meme for ‘shut it down)

Attorney General James Secures More Than $22 Million from Cryptocurrency Platform for Operating Illegally
KuCoin Required to Refund New York Users, Cease New York Operations, and Pay $5.3 Million Penalty

December 12, 2023

NEW YORK – New York Attorney General Letitia James today secured more than $22 million from KuCoin, one of the largest cryptocurrency trading platforms, for failing to register as a securities and commodities broker-dealer and for falsely representing itself as a crypto exchange. Today’s consent order resolves Attorney General James’ lawsuit against KuCoin and requires the company to refund over 150,000 New York investors more than $16.7 million and pay more than $5.3 million to the state. KuCoin is also banned from trading securities and commodities in New York and is prohibited from making its platform available to New Yorkers. This consent order continues Attorney General James’ work to increase oversight and regulation of cryptocurrency companies and protect New York investors, which has recovered more than $500 million from predatory cryptocurrency platforms to date.

“Unregistered offshore crypto platforms pose a risk to investors, consumers, and the broader economy,” said Attorney General James. “Crypto companies should understand that they must play by the same rules as other financial institutions, and my office will hold them accountable when they don’t. This settlement will ensure every New Yorker who put their money into KuCoin can get it back and that KuCoin won’t be able to put other New York investors at risk. I will continue to take action against any company that brazenly disregards the law and jeopardizes New Yorkers’ savings and investments.”

KuCoin is a Seychelles-based cryptocurrency trading platform that allows investors to buy and sell cryptocurrency through its website and mobile app. An investigator from the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) was able to create an account with KuCoin using a computer with a New York-based IP address to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, including popular tokens like ETH, LUNA, and UST. However, New York law requires securities and commodities brokers providing services in New York to register with the state, which KuCoin failed to do. By trading cryptocurrencies that are commodities and securities with its New York users, KuCoin violated state law. This included its own “KuCoin Earn” investment product, in which KuCoin pooled investors’ cryptocurrencies to generate income for its investors.

In addition, KuCoin claimed to be an exchange, but was not registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as a national securities exchange or appropriately designated by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission as is required under New York Law.

KuCoin is required to provide full refunds totaling $16,766,642 to 177,800 New York investors. Investors can receive their refund by withdrawing their assets directly from KuCoin over the next 90 days. After 90 days, eligible investors can file a claim to receive their cryptocurrency by emailing kucoinrefund@ag.ny.gov.

In addition, KuCoin must take steps to prevent New Yorkers from accessing their platform and is prohibited from creating any new accounts for New York customers. Existing New York customers will only be able to withdraw their crypto from the platform. KuCoin must also cooperate with U.S. law enforcement by timely responding to requests to freeze assets and information requests.

Today’s announcement continues Attorney General James’ efforts to enforce New York laws in the cryptocurrency industry. In October, Attorney General James sued cryptocurrency companies Gemini, Genesis, and DCG for defrauding investors through DCG and Genesis’s concealment of $1.1 billion in losses and Gemini’s repeated lies to investors. In June, Attorney General James recovered $1.7 million from crypto exchange Coinex for operating illegally. In May, Attorney General James announced sweeping cryptocurrency legislation that will increase regulations of the cryptocurrency industry to protect New York investors. In January, Attorney General James and a multistate coalition recovered $24 million from the cryptocurrency platform Nexo for operating illegally. Attorney General James also sued the former CEO of Celsius for defrauding investors and concealing the company’s dire financial condition. In October 2021, Attorney General James directed unregistered crypto lending platforms to cease operations for not registering with the state. In September 2021, Attorney General James recovered $479.9 million from GTV Media for failing to register cryptocurrency sales. In February 2021, Attorney General James required Bitfinex and Tether to end all trading activity in New York and required iFinex and Tether and their related companies to pay $18.5 million in penalties.

Attorney General James urges New Yorkers who have been affected by deceptive conduct in virtual assets markets to report these issues to OAG. Attorney General James also encourages workers in the cryptocurrency industry who may have witnessed misconduct or fraud to file an online whistleblower complaint with her office, which can be done anonymously.

This matter is being handled by Assistant Attorney General John Ruth with assistance from Assistant Attorney General Shantelee Christie, Legal Assistants Charmaine Blake and Edward Jaffe, all from the Investor Protection Bureau, and Senior Detective Investigator Brian Metz of the Investigations Division. The Investor Protection Bureau is led by Bureau Chief Shamiso Maswoswe and Deputy Bureau Chief Kenneth Haim and is a part of the Division of Economic Justice which is overseen by Chief Deputy Attorney General Chris D’Angelo and First Deputy Attorney General Jennifer Levy.

Letitia James
New York State Attorney Genera/]

Tether has just printed another billion:

Honestly the USA govt should hire a few crypto vets to use tax money to buy crypto. They would get rid of the debt by the end of the next bull cycle with money leftover . Heck they could hire Elon musk, not that he has time for a second job

Looking at the power law chart. Next bull run should be minimum $125k, max $450k, crash to $60k. Bitcoin spends 50% of the time above the green line.
IMG_1063.png
IMG_1062.png

What do you see happening?

The sec could shut down crypto trading . Or at least make the USA exchanges illegal , to protect us from fraud and terrorism.

Or maybe they just shut down individual traders and make it much more highly regulated into funds only. I do not trust our government at all

The issue with the power law model is that it didn't get near the resistance boundary in 2022, which would have had it towards $140K. That's one reason I am only looking at $125K for the end of 2025.

It seems that exchanges in the US will just be, as they are, highly regulated. I wouldn't care less if my government was telling me not to buy something.

Possible alt season coming soon. With $ALPH leading.

image9.jpg

ETH-BTC is in a hard reversal. Expect BTC price to go down, and ETH, at least, to go sideways.

eth-btc.jpg

Last edited:
BUY the ETFs Rumor and Sell the News?

Harry Dent is easy to dismiss as a stopped clock - correct twice a day... However, he is a Harvard MBA and Expert in Markets, Generational Cycles (Boomers spending less now and Millennials begin Spending More) and expert in Fractal Waves (Elliott Motive Upwards and Retracement Corrective Wave Cycles).

Dent is a huge BTC proponent and will back up the Truck to Buy BTC when it corrects this year to the $3,200 to $11,000 USD range for its next major 5-year run to $760K USD.

Point is time to Hold off both BTC, ALTs and Stocks as they are all due for a major Fibonacci 89% retracement correction (A.K.A. CRASH) prior to the next bull run... Harry indicates the current BTC Wave is the Top of a Super ABC "B" Wave - the classic Bull Trap scenario before the C leg drop.

On today's Rant, Harry discusses the future of Bitcoin and why it is a leading indicator of the crash of our lifetime.

How can Harry be Correct?

1705347546088.png

The Blue Waves are a Major Fractal Cycle - one Fractal Degree LESS than a larger Primary Wave.

The $69K USD Top was the top of both a Major and Primary 5 Motive Waves Up. The subsequent Blue ABC down (53,540 pts) and current blue 1-2-3 3rd of 5 is in fact the A and B legs of a larger Primary Corrective wave... The Current 1-2-3 Corrects inverse Golden Ratio to .382 1 through 3 = 36.4K with a 5th back up to 57.8K 1-3-4 Fibonacci .618 Extension Target. See Yellow Oval.

Primary C wave then calculates as 57.8K minus 53.5K Primary A leg = $4.3K Retracement Target 1.1K higher than Harry Dent's worst case $3.2K USD scenario but lower than his Puerto Rico Cryptoneers or Crypto Buccaneers super optimistic $10K to $11K corrective Range.

So ask yourselves is this VooDoo Cryptonomics or is it Fibonacci Extensions and Retracements Mathematics???

As the OZ bros say wise men do not jump into north Oz river swimming holes until they throw in some Salty Crocs bird bait.

Hint - DO NOT BE THE CRYPTO CROCs BAIT! Keep your powder dry in 2024 and avoid premature etrigulation... then pull the trigger and Buy BTC at the Fib Retracements Fractal Primary C Leg Lows (3K to 4K) for the next Mega BTC Bull Run up to $760K per Harry in 5+/- years.

Michael Saylor of Micro Strategies is right you will be able to retire on One BTC - he is just way off on the Timing.

You can buy 10 BTC at the target low for what you will pay for One BTC Now approaching the 5 Wave Primary B Top.

Ignore Harry Dent at your own financial peril.

Last edited:
I have btc and keep it as a hedge. Same for ethereum

This is what I ended up going with after some research, not advice. But let’s be real. Btc at 40000/coin May go up x4 or x5 at the height of this next bull run. Alt coins will go up quite a bit higher.

I have some ethereum and btc and the alt breakdown in my portfolio is as follows,

40% alph- much already written about this blockchain on this forum, I’m hoping it pops up even more when it becomes available on the big exchanges. I bought mine through coinbase wallet by swapping ethereum

40% $ kas A similar project to alph but also not yet available on the big exchanges. Do not buy wrapped kaspa. Wrapped kaspa is a third party token and not real kaspa. If the third party goes bankrupt you just lost all of your coin. I got my kaspa through using a vpn and swapping usdt for kas on mexc. And storing in a Kaspium wallet.

The rest I tried to go with either gaming coins, artificial intelligence coins or gambling coins. I picked coins that mooned hard in the last bull cycle or are brand new and well run

5% $beam, beam is a gaming coin. It’s one of the top gaming coins, got over $2/coin at the top of the last bull market, hopefully goes much higher at the peak of the current bull run. Currently under $0.10 per coin

5% $imx immutable x is a relatively conservative pick as a gaming coin , got to over $8/coin at the top of the last bull cycle when it was relatively new, currently $2 /coin

2% $super Superverse is used for issuing nfts , got close to $5/coin during the peak of the last bull run, currently $0.62 per coin.

2% $paid paid network is another gaming coin , a network with over 78 games heavy on micro transactions of course. Currently $0.32 per coin and got to over $6 per coin at the top of the last cycle.

2% $paal Paal ai is an artificial intelligence coin, and a newer coin I tried to get in early. Hopefully it moons hard

2% virtue poker $vpp got to over 80 cents in the last bull run, currently 7 cents. It’s a vitural poker gambling coin

2% myria $myria not a gaming coin per se. It is designed to assist blockchain developers and appeal to gamers. It’s a newer coin, I tried to get in early.

I’m starting to realize that there are tons of alt coins that will moon high then lose 95% of their value from their all time high from the bull run. I just won’t be afraid to dump most of them after getting 20x or 30x gains. I’m hoping kas and alph go considerably higher but I didn’t want to put all my eggs in one basket.

The guys saying “buy Bitcoin! It can go up to 200,000/coin this bull run!” It could. That would be a 5x increase on the current price per coin. Even if it went up to 300000/coin that’s only a 8x increase The alt coins will go considerably higher but also fall much harder after the bull run ends

I’m not saying buy these coins but you can definitely buy similar coins and see similar gains. Just don’t get stuck holding the bag when the party ends

Edit
Another one that I wanted to buy was sei. But it seems like I may be too late to mention it. It’s already gone up a ton.

Same for avax, shrap, link. All are good coins(I mean as far as sh!t coins go) that if I bought them it seems like I would have needed to do it earlier to make real gains. But all are definitely worth a mention

Last edited:
1705421343110.png
Here's todays NUPL guys, for those who don't know it is a good indicator of when the market is overheated. When it is red you buy like crazy, and when it is green you try to hold it until gets to blue and then sell. This info is more accessible nowadays so everybody tries to frontrun everybody. I bought on red and orange thankfully.

The one mentioned back a few pages $TOPIA is increasingly attracting whales and will probably be the best performing gameFi token.

Cynllo it looks like your topia pick coukd actually pan out(very early to say with any real clarity).

I didn’t bite because I took a look at it. There is zero mention of it from content creators on YouTube, twitter etc. while it’s true that Minecraft has a user base of several hundred million daily active users and it’s loaded with micro transactions. And it’s also true that Minecraft is a very old game with old architecture, and clunky/frustrating etc, if hytopia was going to succeed as a possible successor , there would be former Minecraft content creators hyping up topia the game to try to get attention/enthusiasm /clicks from former or current Minecraft players. Right now there’s zero, none except for that one that you posted . Topia would be even more laden with micro transactions and the currency will be $topia coin. But if there’s zero players, zero content creators, zero people buying topia currency for in game use, it may already be overvalued.

It did double in the past week though and could gain traction as a meme coin even if the topia game never gets off the ground. On the flip side if hytopia does manage to succeed and be the next Minecraft with 200+ million players daily buying and using topia, it will certainly moon.

But I digress.

I want to ask about the halving. It’s on schedule to happen in mid April of this year. In the past when the halving took place a massive bull run ensued shortly after.

Which would mean the bull run happens in 2024 but a lot of people are predicting 2025?

For guys not sure what I’m referring to, the halving is when btc miners get to a certain point and then suddenly they are awarded with half as much btc

Here’s a link

“If bitcoin's at $45,000 on the halving, where it roughly is right now, it'll be $170,000 by mid- to late 2025," the SkyBridge founder and managing partner told the Reuters Global Markets Forum, opens new tab in the Swiss ski resort of Davos.

I guess my question is, is the real bull run supposed to happen in mid 2025 ? Or will it really be late 2024? I guess the only answer is that there is no answer and just going off of past cycles? My question is why are so many saying mid 2025?

Either way we certainly seem to be in the run up to a bull run. For the first time in years people seem to be excited about crypto and talking about it. Now seems like a good time to make your bets. Hodl and be ready to sell when your coin goes parabolic . If btc goes to 170000 and a roughly 4x gain from its all time high, the sh!t coins will go considerably higher than that on their all time highs if prior bull runs is any indication? (This will obviously vary based on the coin you are talking about)

Cynllo it looks like your topia pick coukd actually pan out(very early to say with any real clarity).

I didn’t bite because I took a look at it. There is zero mention of it from content creators on YouTube, twitter etc. while it’s true that Minecraft has a user base of several hundred million daily active users and it’s loaded with micro transactions. And it’s also true that Minecraft is a very old game with old architecture, and clunky/frustrating etc, if hytopia was going to succeed as a possible successor , there would be former Minecraft content creators hyping up topia the game to try to get attention/enthusiasm /clicks from former or current Minecraft players. Right now there’s zero, none except for that one that you posted . Topia would be even more laden with micro transactions and the currency will be $topia coin. But if there’s zero players, zero content creators, zero people buying topia currency for in game use, it may already be overvalued.

It did double in the past week though and could gain traction as a meme coin even if the topia game never gets off the ground. On the flip side if hytopia does manage to succeed and be the next Minecraft with 200+ million players daily buying and using topia, it will certainly moon.

But I digress.

I want to ask about the halving. It’s on schedule to happen in mid April of this year. In the past when the halving took place a massive bull run ensued shortly after.

Which would mean the bull run happens in 2024 but a lot of people are predicting 2025?

For guys not sure what I’m referring to, the halving is when btc miners get to a certain point and then suddenly they are awarded with half as much btc

Here’s a link

“If bitcoin's at $45,000 on the halving, where it roughly is right now, it'll be $170,000 by mid- to late 2025," the SkyBridge founder and managing partner told the Reuters Global Markets Forum, opens new tab in the Swiss ski resort of Davos.

I guess my question is, is the real bull run supposed to happen in mid 2025 ? Or will it really be late 2024? I guess the only answer is that there is no answer and just going off of past cycles? My question is why are so many saying mid 2025?

Either way we certainly seem to be in the run up to a bull run. For the first time in years people seem to be excited about crypto and talking about it. Now seems like a good time to make your bets. Hodl and be ready to sell when your coin goes parabolic . If btc goes to 170000 and a roughly 4x gain from its all time high, the sh!t coins will go considerably higher than that on their all time highs if prior bull runs is any indication? (This will obviously vary based on the coin you are talking about)
I had a good look into $TOPIA as well and whilst you are right that there is zero mention of it from content creators on YouTube, this could be seen as a major opportunity depending on how you look at it.

Based on my research, the game is still in the alpha phase of development and 1m players have already signed up to play. If I am correct, the alpha stage went live yesterday or the day before which resulted in the price surge we now see, in addition to the migration of their chain to Arbitrum.

This does look like a genuine project with a great team that is really putting in the work. What worries me is what if Minecraft simply tailors their existing policies to eliminate them as a competitor? Would that mean the end of the project? How do they seek to address that risk? I have not been able to find an answer to this so far.

Sold sone btc and bought more kas as well as a good chunk of Sei. Sei like sone if the other coins I mentioned is a native coin to the sei network (use sei to buy alt coins on sei network similar to ethereum or solana. ).

I bought it on mexc and transferred it out to the compass wallet . If I’m understanding this it’s like buying ethereum for a buck per. Coin ten years ago . Or solana

It’s extremely early for Sei, kaspa, and alethium as none of them are on the big exchanges and could go way up when they go land on the exchanges

Sold sone btc and bought more kas as well as a good chunk of Sei. Sei like sone if the other coins I mentioned is a native coin to the sei network (use sei to buy alt coins on sei network similar to ethereum or solana. ).

I bought it on mexc and transferred it out to the compass wallet . If I’m understanding this it’s like buying ethereum for a buck per. Coin ten years ago . Or solana

It’s extremely early for Sei, kaspa, and alethium as none of them are on the big exchanges and could go way up when they go land on the exchanges

Both SEI and kaspa have a market cap over 2bn already so its nothing like buying solana or etherum for a buck

Both SEI and kaspa have a market cap over 2bn already so its nothing like buying solana or etherum for a buck

True, both ethereum and solana were over $10/coin when they went over a 1 billion market cap. Sei and kaspa won’t go to 2500/coin but can still get a lot higher by end iof next year and the height of the bull run .

Alph has a much lower cap, is already $2 per coin.

As for which turns out to be the best pick at the height of the bull run that’s impossible to answer

Quant is another one, I’ll probably buy some if it next. Then I think I just need to chill out and hodl for at least a year . It’s got a market cap of 1.5 billion, and if the price drops below $100/coin I’ll grab some

Back