2024 Election Lounge

BREAKING NEWS: Multiples sources outline the apparent state of play on Biden at this time:

* plans to announce withdrawal from nomination as early as this weekend, with Sunday most likely

* Jon Meacham polishing up remarks

* Biden with NOT resign the presidency

* Biden will NOT endorse Harris

* open convention with Harris and about 3 others

* super delegates will not be allowed to vote on 1st ballot

* Harris is vetting at least four possible running mates, including Andy Beshear and possibly Shapiro

It will be interesting to see if Gavin Newsom or Gretchen Whitmer decides to contest the nomination against Kamala. In the wake of Trump's attempted assassination, it seems like the smart play for both of them would be to hold off and let her go down in flames while they keep their powder dry for 2028. So if either of them elect to throw their hat in the ring this year - Newsom especially - it indicates to me that he's being reassured that his chances are very good, which means that either the Democrat voter fraud operation is still alive and well, or something much more sinister is afoot.

It will be interesting to see if Gavin Newsom or Gretchen Whitmer decides to contest the nomination against Kamala. In the wake of Trump's attempted assassination, it seems like the smart play for both of them would be to hold off and let her go down in flames while they keep their powder dry for 2028. So if either of them elect to throw their hat in the ring this year - Newsom especially - it indicates to me that he's being reassured that his chances are very good, which means that either the Democrat voter fraud operation is still alive and well, or something much more sinister is afoot.
I think there are significant campaign finance issue and ballot access issues with a late swap. Which is why I'm not sure it's going to happen...

Eta... I'm seeing more on the twitter world that this might occur however. I suppose I could be wrong (and often am)...

Interesting times.

Last edited:
I think there are significant campaign finance issue and ballot access issues with a late swap. Which is why I'm not sure it's going to happen...

Eta... I'm seeing more on the twitter world that this might occur however. I suppose I could be wrong (and often am)...

Interesting times.

I’m guessing there’s a workaround: Harris could inherit the money for her campaign as she is already on the Biden Harris ticket, if someone else wins the nomination but picks Harris as running mate can’t they keep all of the war chest?

Back