2024 Election Lounge

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge in Florida dismissed the classified documents case against former President Donald Trump on Monday, siding with defense lawyers who said the special counsel who filed the charges was illegally appointed by the Justice Department.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon, which is expected to be appealed and may eventually be overturned by a higher court, brings at least for now a stunning and abrupt conclusion to a criminal case that at the time it was filed was widely regarded as the most perilous of all the legal threats the Republican former president confronted.

Though the case had long been stalled, and the prospect of a trial before the November election already nonexistent, the judge’s order is a significant legal and political victory for Trump as he recovers from a weekend assassination attempt and prepares to accept the Republican nomination in Milwaukee this week.

It’s the latest stroke of good fortune in the four criminal cases Trump has faced. He was convicted in May in his New York hush money trial, but the sentencing has been postponed after a Supreme Court opinion that conferred broad immunity on former presidents. That opinion will cause major delays in a separate case charging Trump with plotting to overturn his 2020 election loss to Democrat Joe Biden. Another election subversion case filed in Atlanta has been delayed by revelations of a romantic relationship between the district attorney and a special prosecutor she hired for the case.

In a statement on his social media platform, Trump said that the dismissal “should be just the first step” and that the three other cases, which he called “Witch Hunts,” should also be thrown out.

The classified documents case had been seen as the most legally clear-cut of the four given the breadth of evidence that prosecutors say they had accumulated, including the testimony of close aides and former lawyers, and because the conduct at issue occurred after Trump left the White House in 2021 and lost the powers of the presidency.

The indictment included dozens of felony counts accusing him of illegally hoarding classified records from his presidency at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida, and obstructing FBI efforts to get them back. He had pleaded not guilty and denied wrongdoing.

Defense lawyers filed multiple challenges to the case, including legally technical ones that asserted that special counsel Jack Smith’s appointment by Attorney General Merrick Garland violated the Constitution’s Appointments Clause because it did not go through Congress and that Smith’s office was improperly funded by the Justice Department. She said Garland had exceeded his bounds by appointing a prosecutor without Senate approval and confirmation and had undermined the authority of Congress.

“The Special Counsel’s position effectively usurps that important legislative authority, transferring it to a Head of Department, and in the process threatening the structural liberty inherent in the separation of powers,” Cannon wrote in a 93-page order that granted the defense team’s request to dismiss the case but did not dissect the substance of the allegations against Trump.

Torba gets it!

Also, he’s not a decrepit career politician boomer. JD aspires for the country that was stolen from us. He, like many of us, remembers clean and safe All American cities with blue ribbon schools. Though he was a never trumper initially, he accurately predicted Trump sweeping the rust belt states in 2016. This brought attention to our plight.

GSjg00XWAAAToAv

We will know more over the next couple of months. Also, we need to keep an eye on Vance's true allegiance - i.e., MAGA or (((Israel))) as well as show his Catholic/Christian faith.

*frustrated sighs...*
ugh-headache.gif

JD was baptized into the Roman Catholic Church around the same time I was received into the Orthodox Church. He chose St. Augustine as his patron saint. He was on a similar path that many of us on this forum were on in recent years. Similar to my own story, he was looking for the authentic Church.

On another note, he has been one of the few politicians serving as a voice for White Americans living in the rust belt and how we have been targeted in these communities. It got lost in a lot of the Hollywood/ media versions. The emphasis became more about drug addiction/ poverty to appeal to a wider audience. But what launched his career was his outspoken message that White Appalachians living in rust belt towns have been screwed over. This is big around here!

These part of the interview stood out to me:

And one of the subtexts about my return to Christianity is that I had come from a world that wasn’t super-intellectual about the Christian faith. I spend a lot of my time these days among a lot of intellectual people who aren’t Christian. Augustine gave me a way to understand Christian faith in a strongly intellectual way. I also went through an angry atheist phase. As someone who spent a lot of his life buying into the lie that you had to be stupid to be a Christian, Augustine really demonstrated in a moving way that that’s not true.

Seems to describe the journey a lot of us went through as well. Vince was in Silicon Valley when the neo-reactionary/dark enlightment stuff was at it's peak and I'm suspecting it influenced his thinking quite a bit. It would explain why he went for Catholicism as opposed to some low-church Protestant denomination even though it seems his exposure to Christianity in his youth was to low-church Protestantism.

Full text
JUST IN: Donald Trump Jr. calls reporter a "clown" to his face and tells him to "get out of here" at the RNC after the reporter started talking about children in "cages."

Clown is an understatement.

Reporter: "Will we continue to see policies like separating 5,000 children deliberately from their parents?"

Trump Jr.: "You mean the Obama administration?"

Reporter: "You know, they didn't do that, sir. Will there be a second family separation policy?"

Trump Jr.: "It's M-S-D-N-C. So I expect nothing less from you. Clowns."

"You couldn't wait. You couldn't wait with your lies and with your nonsense. So just get outta here."

Looks like the assassination attempt on Trump has created a massive ripple effect that caused a lot of normies and/or Trump supporters to finally come out of the woodwork to show their support for Trump 2024 by wearing Trump gear, putting up Trump signs & flags in front of their homes, etc.

I’ve seen people randomly in street corners holding up Trump signs today, and a ton of cars driving around not just with Trump bumper stickers but also Trump flags.

I stopped at a stand selling Trump merchandise to pick up some new MAGA gear. The woman working at the stand said this has been one of her busiest days ever. Also, she said the main talking point almost everyone she’s talked to today is saying is that they were afraid before to wear Trump gear, put a sign in their yard or on their car because they didn’t want to deal with harassment or damage to their property by deranged libtards.

She said people are now saying they no longer have any fear! The consensus is if Trump can take a bullet for us, we can deal with property damage, harassment, etc.

It’s so ON!

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Full text
The dam broke for me and many others today. I live in SF, where it’s a social death sentence to voice support for Trump. Regardless, I will be voting for Trump this election, and will voice my support publicly and unabashedly, social and financial consequences be damned. A very serious line was crossed today.

How much dividends will they receive in return from the Trump administration?

Musk is the richest man in the world and will only get richer, he has a lot of Bitcoin and laughs at whatever peons do to make money

Basically he can spend a billion dollars on his own amusement and it is worth it to him Z.

Ahahahahahahah

Wtf is this shit? He is pledging his allegiance or what?

Full display. A la Trump. Look at me. Im a member now. He might even wear a tshirt saying “illuminati baby. “
Where is Q? Do tou think he will show up?
They could show him like Stig in top gear. With an helmet.

Musk is the richest man in the world and will only get richer, he has a lot of Bitcoin and laughs at whatever peons do to make money

Basically he can spend a billion dollars on his own amusement and it is worth it to him Z.
I doubt its his money.

So Sillicon Valley wants to have Trump on their pocket. And installed the currry lover as their puppet.

Back