2024 Election Lounge

I wonder if July 13th has caused him to make a last minute switch.
News outlets are reporting that Marco Rubio was told he is NOT the VP pick. Vance was just given added security at his Cincinnati home. Also, he was spotted leaving his house in a motorcade. It’s likely him.

Last edited:
I don't believe it will be a Neocon VP such as Nikki Haley and Marco Rubio. Look at what VP Mike Pence did to Trump. He won't pick a warmongrer sidekick.

Trump wants to pick someone with strong loyalty and believes in MAGA agenda. Vance is a possibility. Other possible names: Tulsi Gabbard, Dr. Ben Carson, and Gen. Mike Flynn.

RT and Sputnik have just stated that Trump has selected J.D. Vance as his VP pick.
This is confirmed. Trump picked Vance.

GSjRsJYWAAAhSc-

It's a good sign. In my opinion, Vance was his best overall pick, although not without weaknesses. He's extremely smart and well-spoken, and seems to be ideologically aligned very closely to Trump these days, despite espousing more boilerplate GOP rhetoric earlier in his career. Vance is also obviously young enough to inherit the MAGA mantle and serve two terms of his own, and if the Deep State succeeds in JFKing Trump (God forbid), Vance is enough of an unknown quantity and a wild card to make them question how that would play out for them. He might roll over and take it, or he just might surprise them and use the opportunity to transform into the much-needed right-wing strongman that Trump himself never had it in him to be.

Certainly a better pick than Burgum and especially Rubio, at least.

JD was baptized into the Roman Catholic Church around the same time I was received into the Orthodox Church. He chose St. Augustine as his patron saint. He was on a similar path that many of us on this forum were on in recent years. Similar to my own story, he was looking for the authentic Church.

On another note, he has been one of the few politicians serving as a voice for White Americans living in the rust belt and how we have been targeted in these communities. It got lost in a lot of the Hollywood/ media versions. The emphasis became more about drug addiction/ poverty to appeal to a wider audience. But what launched his career was his outspoken message that White Appalachians living in rust belt towns have been screwed over. This is big around here!

JD was baptized into the Roman Catholic Church around the same time I was received into the Orthodox Church. He chose St. Augustine as his patron saint. He was on a similar path that many of us on this forum were on in recent years. Similar to my own story, he was looking for the authentic Church.

On another note, he has been one of the few politicians serving as a voice for White Americans living in the rust belt and how we have been targeted in these communities. It got lost in a lot of the Hollywood/ media versions. The emphasis became more about drug addiction/ poverty to appeal to a wider audience. But what launched his career was his outspoken message that White Appalachians living in rust belt towns have been screwed over. This is big around here!
A catholic. Good man. Some strange stuff. His wife supposedly is Hindu. But was raised catholic it seems. And Vance is actually his wife family name. He adopted his wife last name? What a wuss. Anyway a catholic must be a good man.

A catholic. Good man. Some strange stuff. His wife supposedly is Hindu. But was raised catholic it seems. And Vance is actually his wife family name. He adopted his wife last name? What a wuss. Anyway a catholic must be a good man.
Vance was his grandparents’ last name. He changed his last name to their last name since they raised him. His grandmother was portrayed by Glenn Close in the movie. She did a very accurate portrayal! Also, he’s a marine, so definitely not a wuss.

Vance was his grandparents’ last name. He changed his last name to their last name since they raised him. His grandmother was portrayed by Glenn Close in the movie. She did a very accurate portrayal! Also, he’s a marine, so definitely not a wuss.

That's what I read and heard so that's correct. Via WikiTrash:
Vance was born on August 2, 1984, in Middletown, Ohio, to Donald Bowman and Beverly (née Vance). They were a family of Scots-Irish descent.[8][9] Vance's mother and father divorced when Vance was a toddler. Shortly afterward, he was adopted by his mother's third husband.[10] Vance and his sister Lindsey were raised primarily by his grandparents, James and Bonnie Vance, whom they called "Mamaw and Papaw."[8][11][12][13] J. D. later went by the name James Hamel, his stepfather's surname, until adopting his grandparents' surname, Vance.[14]

Back