• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Weird Things You've Noticed Recently

I think my face looks empty without facial hair, like it's missing something. Frankly, it's supposed to be there. God made it grow there, after all. On top of all that, being clean shaven makes me look a lot younger than I am and I don't like that.
I'm with you. Now that I'm past 50 I just look better with a greying beard. It's a good look as you get old if you stay fit.

Someone else posted about beards needing maintenance, but I find they need less than shaving daily did back when I was smooth faced.

I’ve noticed that you can now get on Chat GPT 3.5…freebie) without signing up and connected to an email address? I didn’t see this option in the past, a year or so ago you had to sign up/log in to use it. Am I wrong here?

I’ve noticed driving around on rural roads a uptick this spring in people selling their free range chicken eggs from their home property to anyone passing by. It’s really nice to see this at it shows a sense of community (and improved health), but wondering what is unique with this spring vs years in the past? Just a coincidence I’ve noticed more closely or are others seeing this as well?

I’ve noticed driving around on rural roads a uptick this spring in people selling their free range chicken eggs from their home property to anyone passing by. It’s really nice to see this at it shows a sense of community (and improved health), but wondering what is unique with this spring vs years in the past? Just a coincidence I’ve noticed more closely or are others seeing this as well?

It's still very common here in western Canada and US states. I am not sure about the US, but in Canada (BC) our farmers markets are not only very expensive to put on, but also require stacks of regulatory paperwork . So anyone who gets a table needs to make a substantial amount of sales, or charge a premium. So most but the most bougie among us buy from farmers markets. Honesty box farm sales were the way around this, and have been for generations.

I wish I could say the egg sellers near me sell substantially lower, but this year they upped their price as well. The honesty box was supposed to cut the middle man or farmers market premium, but now it's only a couple dollars cheaper than those places.

It's still very common here in western Canada and US states. I am not sure about the US, but in Canada (BC) our farmers markets are not only very expensive to put on, but also require stacks of regulatory paperwork . So anyone who gets a table needs to make a substantial amount of sales, or charge a premium. So most but the most bougie among us buy from farmers markets. Honesty box farm sales were the way around this, and have been for generations.

I wish I could say the egg sellers near me sell substantially lower, but this year they upped their price as well. The honesty box was supposed to cut the middle man or farmers market premium, but now it's only a couple dollars cheaper than those places.
Was walking my dog and the house down the street from me had a little drop box with a lock on it for $3 a dozen. I hope it works out. My usual guy I buy free range eggs from lost 8 out of his 12 hens a few weeks ago to a coyote so I’m not bugging him for eggs for a while.

I notice everywhere I go where people work with numbers on computers, they use the numpad. Even the younger people, though I've never seen a zoomer work in that area. People type slow in my area as well and the numpad doesn't seem to help.

Am I the only one who never used the numpad much? I never found it that useful.

What else would you use? I can't stand crunching numbers without one. I mistakenly compromised on my new laptop and went without one and now doing things like CAD are hampered big time. I have a USB numpad but its a pain to drag around with me in my computer case.

I notice everywhere I go where people work with numbers on computers, they use the numpad. Even the younger people, though I've never seen a zoomer work in that area. People type slow in my area as well and the numpad doesn't seem to help.

When entering numbers, the 10 key numpad is much faster. Your fingers can fly over the keys in a way that's impossible with the top row numbers.

When entering numbers, the 10 key numpad is much faster. Your fingers can fly over the keys in a way that's impossible with the top row numbers.
Interesting story I read: when telephone companies introduced their first semi-automated exchanges, they wanted to hire people that were able to quickly punch numbers into a keyboard. They ended up hiring a lot of secretarial types who were experienced at using adding machines.

The problem was, their fingerwork was too fast and the mechanical switching equipment couldn't keep up. So the phone companies switched the number pad upside down in order to slow them down, which explains why the keypad on a phone is upside down from that of a calculator.

Don't feel bad, I've never done a lot of number crunching/data entry on the computer, so never really got used to using the number pad. To this day I find it awkward.

Not something I've noticed directly, but this guy did notice it, and it seems highly plausible. Some people just want to see the world burn.

Was flying back to work recently & it seemed like I was in Idiocracy... 1st Connection, there were 5 people around me that were either in the wrong seat or were having extreme trouble finding their seat.... 2nd Leg, basically the same thing with 5 or 6 people also having issues getting to their correct seat.... Both flights also had VERY hard landings in clear weather. It was just an incredibly weird travel day, Everyone seemed like they were in a complete haze....

I don't know if this has been discussed, but there are maybe 20 to 40 consistent posters here in a forum of 660 members (who will be member 666?). Furthermore, at any given time there are upwards of 100 lurkers here. Strange ratios. I've heard it been said that at the height of 2016 Trump Mania that there were 2000 lurkers on the RVF 2.0 DJT Thread while RVF 2.O had 16K+ registered members (please correct me if my numbers are off). Can someone smarter than me do The Math on this?

What's going in here? How come there are so many non-participating lurkers in comparison to registered/active member participation? In a society where everybody seems to have something to say, why do so many lurkers on these forums have nothing to say?

Don't feel bad, I've never done a lot of number crunching/data entry on the computer, so never really got used to using the number pad. To this day I find it awkward.
I never used to, then for a few years I did a job which required just punching in numbers, +, - ,and enter for about an hour a day.

I started using the numeric pad, and after a while I got a lot quicker and didn't have to look at the keyboard. A bit like learning a musical instrument.

I hadn't noticed until I saw it in this thread but I hardly use it at all any more since I haven't done that job. I almost always use the top row.

Back