Video Games and Gaming Technology (In A Positive Light)

Played some Mario Kart 8dx with my friend’s children the other day. They were pathetic tbh, zero knowledge of combinations or item management and when/how to bag.

They would constantly spam red shells at me when I was in first place and laugh, actually enjoying themselves. I would retort, “ackshually that’s really bad play ackshually, because the blue shell hasn’t appeared yet and now it’s going to hit you and you probably can’t even Mushroom dodge even if your adhd iPad-brain had the foresight to not just IMMEDIATELY use it so there”

We raced on Cheese Land, and they mocked me for being in last place when it’s obvious that I’m doing it deliberately with the knowledge that if you use a Bullet Bill on the first corner, and pass less than five players you will enter into what’s known as a “Bullet Extension Zone” and have a high chance of smuggling an Invincibility Star into 1st place on the final lap. These people.

These bozos even made me use their knockoff GameCube controller, but jokes on them, because any real Mario Karter knows you can turn on motion controls and use the d-pad to do the Motion Glider technique which can save up to half a second in airborne areas of the track. So needless to say, I had the last laugh.

I’m joking of course, I feel slightly ashamed of how good I am at a children’s party game

Half-Life 3 apparently confirmed to be in production. Might have to get in on that one.

I see nothing official on it. Half-Life 3 confirmed is the biggest running joke in gaming. That said, having played Half-Life Alyx, I am very confident we will see a HL3 someday. Just an educated guess/feeling, with a spoonful of wishful thinking.

fave-games.png

Going to share a review of SS13 as well since it's a bit niche:

Last edited:
Black Myth Wukong is out and already has a peak-concurrent player count of 2.2 million. An incredible figure, no doubt swollen with Chinese players, but nonetheless, amazing. Only PUBG:Battlegrounds has had a higher peak count.

1724175764825.png

It pays to tell Sweet Baby to take a hike.

The reviews are good, but there are some performance issues, particularly on PS5. The game is very demanding and even powerful PC's have to optimize settings. There is also no HDR option, yet, which is bizarre for a modern AAA game. It would probably be best to wait for a few updates to drop before playing.

Black Myth Wukong is out and already has a peak-concurrent player count of 2.2 million. An incredible figure, no doubt swollen with Chinese players, but nonetheless, amazing. Only PUBG:Battlegrounds has had a higher peak count.

View attachment 11623

It pays to tell Sweet Baby to take a hike.

The reviews are good, but there are some performance issues, particularly on PS5. The game is very demanding and even powerful PC's have to optimize settings. There is also no HDR option, yet, which is bizarre for a modern AAA game. It would probably be best to wait for a few updates to drop before playing.

The chinks went to sleep and it dropped down to around 300k. (((Denuvo))) is also quite possible the most Jewish system ever implemented to video games.

New mafia game was also announced just now. I need to get around to playing the first two.

Anyone play pen and paper games? Or RPGs online? I've started learning Shadowdark. It's a retro-clone that caters to the old school grognards. I played D&D for a long time, but am turned off by the lame graphics and tranny freak players that dominate WOTC now.

Just finished The Quarry. It is seen as the spiritual successor to Until Dawn, one of my all-time favorites.
I thought The Quarry altogether was... fine. A bit of a return to form after the developer put out smaller, and IMO far worse, Dark Pictures games. The Quarry is inferior to Until Dawn, but it is at least similarly ambitious. A gorgeous game set in a cool location, with an expansive storyline. What sets it back are that large chunks of the game are just flat-out boring. The game isn't particularly scary (really not at all), so these in-between moments rely on caring for the characters. And unfortunately, four of the five playable characters are absolute trash. One is gay, one is bi, the other two may be straight, but in practice are closer to women than men. I actually don't mind including gay characters - gay people exist so it's realistic. But just give me real men to play as to balance it out. The females, at least, are feminine and cool.
Still, I got it on sale for 15 bucks on Steam and felt I got my money's worth. The game is absolutely beautiful and there's the replayablity of the "butterfly effect" of Until Dawn. I got a good laugh out of making the bisexual dude flirt with a girl to make the gay dude who liked him resent him. At every opportunity, I tried making everyone less gay. Doing the Lord's work !😆

Borderlands actually pretty goated when you turn game dialogue to 0. You miss out on some funny handsome jack moments but that's it. Actually fun game to grind, and I appreciate the weapon variety even if most suck.

Also trying Disgaea for the gorillionth time since it always filters me.

Back