The Off-Topic and Random Thoughts Thread(Anything Goes!)

Went to the grocery store tonight and bought like 7-8 items. The cashier asked me if I'd like a bag. Uh...yeah. Did you expect me to juggle the items on my way back to the car?

And then she stuffs everything into one bag with the raw meat sitting next to the fruits and vegetables. Whatever happened to good customer service...

Went to the grocery store tonight and bought like 7-8 items. The cashier asked me if I'd like a bag. Uh...yeah. Did you expect me to juggle the items on my way back to the car?

And then she stuffs everything into one bag with the raw meat sitting next to the fruits and vegetables. Whatever happened to good customer service...
I refuse to pay the dime for the plastic bag so I do juggle all the items I get on the way back to the car.

I refuse to pay the dime for the plastic bag so I do juggle all the items I get on the way back to the car.
Sam Elliott Country GIF by GritTV

Rule #87 of Being a Man:

No matter the number of items, they can only be carried in a single trip

images

So I work golf course maintenance, and I'm realizing I like taking care of the course a lot more than actually playing golf. Just grateful to be around nature and working with my hands every day. Very peaceful

I got into the industry to play golf and now I don't even want to play that much, but I love mowing, digging, watering, etc. :LOL:

So I work golf course maintenance, and I'm realizing I like taking care of the course a lot more than actually playing golf. Just grateful to be around nature and working with my hands every day. Very peaceful

I got into the industry to play golf and now I don't even want to play that much, but I love mowing, digging, watering, etc. :LOL:
I worked on grounds keeping at a golf course for a few weeks. It is a really nice environment.

I drove a golf cart around, and quickly figured out how to push them to the limits. Fun times!

There's a lot to be said for being outside. As you can imagine , I'm outside a lot and even though the landscapes are familiar, I often look up and just marvel at the scenery that I'm in.

Has anybody ever looked into the Dalai Lama? He makes for an interesting rabbit hole. Some of his people came into town once and were saying that sin isn't the root of humanity's problems. My friend started asking questions and objecting to that demonic nonsense.

In that religion, both he and another guy called the Panchen Lama get reincarnated. They are the ones who identify who is the reincarted successor, the Dalai Lama for the Panchen Lama, and vice versa.

The current Dalai Lama "identified" who the current Panchen Lama was in 1995, he was a 6 year old boy. Three days later, he and his family get kidnapped by the Chinese government and haven't ever been seen since.

If you think about it, it's a work of genius on the part of the PRC. They've been wanting to gain control over the religion for a long time, effectively turning it into an arm of the state. Without knowing if the Panchen Lama is alive or dead, the Dalai Lama can't just go and "identify" who the next one is, otherwise he would show that the religion is a sham. So he's been saying that he "may choose not to reincarnate" so that China can't pick his next successor.

Usually, hitting a piece of non-functioning electronics won't make it work again, but my keyboard is an exception. The Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 was an awesome keyboard that balances a standard and split design, helping to prevent repetitive strain. However, it has one big flaw: it builds up static, preventing certain keys from working.

Surprisingly, the solution is simple. You can fix it by sharply pounding the back of the keyboard with your hand. This removes the static from the plastic sheet inside, allowing the keys to function properly again. I've done this time and time again to fix the problem and it's much faster than unscrewing the 20-something screws on the back of the electronics to open up the case and fix it.

Usually, hitting a piece of non-functioning electronics won't make it work again, but my keyboard is an exception. The Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 was an awesome keyboard that balances a standard and split design, helping to prevent repetitive strain. However, it has one big flaw: it builds up static, preventing certain keys from working.

Surprisingly, the solution is simple. You can fix it by sharply pounding the back of the keyboard with your hand. This removes the static from the plastic sheet inside, allowing the keys to function properly again. I've done this time and time again to fix the problem and it's much faster than unscrewing the 20-something screws on the back of the electronics to open up the case and fix it.

Didn’t know where else to put this, but has anyone read Christopher Hitchens memoirs “Hitch-22?” I read it many years ago during my Reddit atheist phase, I don’t recall a great deal, but there was a section near the end that really stuck out to me as strange even even at my most blue-pill phase of life.

I’m curious if anyone remembers the bit where he discovers he has Jewish ancestry, and he goes on and on about it for ages and talks about how they’re amazing and no one has suffered more and how Jew’s are essential to the perpetuation of western values and stuff. Maybe I’m misremembering, or retroactively affording it an unjustified significance.

But I think about it a lot. It seemed incongruent, and out-of-the-blue. Wonder if it had anything to do with his once principled stand in defence of David Irving.

I saw that book in a Borders once, but I was against reading anything by atheists. I did find it interesting, all these many years later, that two of the four horsemen of new atheism are Jewish, both Hitchens and Sam Harris. I haven't looked, but I'm curious how many of the prominent atheists of the 20th century were actually Jews. Even if they are not practicing Jews, the secularism they foisted on the American culture has been highly destructive.

I have noticed the connection between organized atheism/secularism and Jews as well. The president of American Atheists is a Jew and one of the co-chairs of the Freethought Caucus in Congress which exists to promote secularist interests is a Jew as well. I believe there's some sort of organization dedicated to prevent religious influence in the UA military that was also founded by a Jew.

If you're looking at the common rank and file Jews you'll find most of them are atheists as well even if they still identify their religion as Judaism. The Jews that you see on memes that resemble the Happy Merchant with the small hat are the minority - most Jews are completely non-religious even if they still practice certain Jewish traditions; not to honor God but instead to honor themselves and to gratify their tribal instincts/high in-group preference. When I think of the people who I have encountered through out my life that were highly hostile towards God and very vocal about that hostility, I noticed that Jews make up a disproportionately high amount of them.

Every day, I grab a grasshopper from the yard and feed it to my cat. She loves it, they hop around and she gets to play with her food. The grasshoppers are usually green/brown varieties. The vet approves; it's wild food.

Today I found a black one and gave it to her. She didn't eat it.

^There are black squirrels where my dad lives. They cause a lot of problems.

The black squirrels here in Michigan started off on the other side of the state and they are slowly year by year making their way over to where there are no more grey squirrels they are all turning black. It's pretty funny to see when you go to different areas further and further away, they go from grey to greyish black to straight black.

We call them squiggers.

Back