The J. D. Vance Thread

I think it is best for Trump to double down. He tried to coopt establishment types in his first administration, thinking he could bring them around to his way of thinking. Instead they stabbed him in the back. Pence, Barr, Pompeo, Wray. All traitors.

He needs to appoint people who share his thinking as much as possible.

I agree, again once he's in the White House I would much rather have Vance than any establishment type. I'm only thinking about getting enough votes. I wonder whether there may be a subset of moderate voters who would be willing to vote for Trump, especially after Biden's debate performance, but would be turned off by Vance who comes across as younger and more extreme.

Not sure there's a good solution - I don't really have a better candidate in mind. Just thinking out loud.

Meanwhile...

Neocons & MSM meltdown...3...2...1...

GSjcd0hXoAAn3P8

I think he'll be a bulldog and a great VP.

Frankly, my main strategic concern with Vance is that he doesn't appeal enough to people who haven't voted for Trump before but are considering voting for him in 2024 (moderates, independents, minorities). Trump already has a lock on the voters that Vance most appeals to (white, military, rural). It's basically Trump doubling down, rather than trying to broaden his appeal.

That's purely a strategic consideration though. Once Trump is in office, I think it's a great pick.
I actually think it's the opposite, at least for moderates and independents. They'll at least appreciate his subdued tone and articulate speaking style. Being a Yale Law grad, he can easily speak to these slightly above average IQ, NYT/WSJ readers and suburban moms who absolutely despise Trump. In other words, he can "civilize" Trumpism without sacrificing much of its potency. The following are speeches he has given within the last month, that give a decent representation of what he's about.

On the main issues of immigration, foreign policy and economic nationalism, he hits the right notes, with the glaring exception of Israel. I strongly disagree there, but in terms of American politicians, you are not going to find a major politician that is any better. This, along with his views on Trump from 2015 to 2020 or so, are concerns. But given the other names that were in contention, I'd say Vance was the best option.

In the big picture, the most important thing is ensuring that Trumpism remains a force after the man himself leaves the scene. As we all saw the other night, there is the potential for that to happen at any moment, but even under a best case scenario, Trump will be out of politics in four years. The biggest threat from now until then is preventing establishment forces from co-opting Trumpism and neutering it. Vance's youth represents the potential for Trumpism to carry on long into the future, as long as the base continues to push to the right. Overall that's a positive.

This opens up Vance’s Senate seat, if he and Trump win in November. We just elected him in 2022. I was initially worried about this.

However, Vivek grew up one town over from where Vance grew up. Both went to law school together and would hang out at a bar and watch the Bengals. Vivek has a multi-million dollar estate in Columbus. However, he still has a house in the same town he grew up in. He could take JD’s vacant seat.

As VP, JD would preside over the Senate which will help to break any ties in a divided Senate. This is important. He is fully committed to deporting the illegals, closing the border, stopping the flow of fentanyl, supporting the pro life movement, bringing jobs back to the U.S., restoring law and order, closing these fake agencies like the DOE (please), undoing the wokeness of the military, and embracing tradition.

Last edited:
This opens up Vance’s Senate seat, if he and Trump win in November. We just elected him in 2022. I was initially worried about this.

Mine Dewine (r) is governor of Ohio and it would be his decision on who to choose as a replacement for Vance, if he becomes vp

IMG_4756.webp

However, Vivek grew up one town over from where Vance grew up. Both went to law school together and would hang out at a bar and watch the Bengals. Vivek has a multi-million dollar estate in Columbus. However, he still has a house in the same town he grew up in. He could take JD’s vacant seat.

As VP, JD would preside over the Senate which will help to break any ties in a divided Senate. This is important. He is fully committed to deporting the illegals, closing the border, stopping the flow of fentanyl, supporting the pro life movement, bringing jobs back to the U.S., restoring law and order, closing these fake agencies like the DOE (please), undoing the wokeness of the military, and embracing tradition.

It seems likely that Vivek would get a Cabinet spot if he wants it. DHS is the one that's been floated around.

The reality is that some people simply don't understand the practical realities of politics, and because of this they will never be remotely satisfied with anything Trump does.

Or anyone else for that matter. This has been an issue on this site in particular for awhile now. The 'purity spiralists' won't vote for a guy that they agree with on 80% of the issues because of one issue like abortion for example. So they sanctimoniously abstain from voting which assists the candidate that they disagree with on almost everything to win. They simultaneously and self righteously scorn and attempt to shame those of us who will take what we can get at the time politically, with the intent of coming back for more later. Those guys never 'advance the football' and want nothing more than to selfishly parade their own 'righteousness' while condescendingly criticizing those who are in the game trying to push back against the machine.

Full text
VIVEK EYES VANCE'S SENATE SEAT IN POTENTIAL TRUMP WIN

Former GOP presidential hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy expressed strong interest in potentially filling JD Vance's Senate seat if Trump-Vance ticket wins in November.

The Ohio native told NBC News he would "strongly consider" an appointment to replace Vance.

Vivek:

"The only negative of JD's selection is this leaves our side missing one of our best fighters in the Senate.

If asked to serve, I would strongly consider the position."

If Trump wins, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine would appoint a temporary replacement before a special election.

Sources: NBC News

But as Romney surveyed the crop of Republicans running for Senate in 2022, it was clear that more Hawleys were on their way. Perhaps most disconcerting was J.D. Vance, the Republican candidate in Ohio. “I don’t know that I can disrespect someone more than J. D. Vance,” Romney told me.

The best part of having picked @JDVance1 as a VP running mate is that it provides the movement continuity after @realDonaldTrump is no longer able to serve. This has to be an ongoing movement and not a temporary glitch in the evil progressive system. The US needs to win the culture wars, which the leftists have been able to completely dominate (especially by promulgating parasitic ideas from academia). Hence, it is a 30-50 year long battle for the minds and souls of the American people. Roll up your sleeves and in the immortal words of Trump: "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

Back