The Fat People Thread

It needs to be said that the now largest company in Europe is Novo Nordisk of Denmark.

It has reached this size through its injection product Ozempic which lets fat people get thin without focusing so much on diet.

They're opening a large new plant in Dublin

View attachment 3266

That is how badly some fat people want to not be fat anymore.

Personal opinion is that it is the "soda" drinks as the Americans call it. All that sugary stuff in aluminium cans and PET bottles which is everywhere. So these people drink it as if it were harmless then get a proscription for Ozempic to cancel it out again. $457 billion company. How many fat people are injecting this stuff to make it worth that much...
Going totally off topic, but that table is a real conversation starter. LVMH in 2nd, not far behind Novo Nordisk, and mass market L'Oreal barely in front of the niche Hermes? It says a lot about the haves and the have nots of the world, and the concentration of wealth in the upper strata (as if we didn't know).

Going totally off topic, but that table is a real conversation starter. LVMH in 2nd, not far behind Novo Nordisk, and mass market L'Oreal barely in front of the niche Hermes? It says a lot about the haves and the have nots of the world, and the concentration of wealth in the upper strata (as if we didn't know).
That one in 3rd place is ASML, Advanced Semiconductor Materials Lithography, a Dutch company. They make the machines which make the Intel chips. From what I heard, that sort of rare technology is concentrated on the island of Taiwan and is part of why may various powers consider going to war over it. None of the many listed European vehicle companies seem to make it onto that top ten list, although they are likely not far behind.

If you look at LVMH subsidiaries, which are not only 3 most well known champagne brands, luxury bags but also a newspaper or two, you can imagine why it is that big :

But still not as big as the #1, Novo Nordisk, the fattest of them all, with its anti-fat injection..

Airbus is currently on place 15 in Europe and the largest car company in Europe is Porsche on place 24 followed Mercedes Benz on place 28. You can look this stuff up here:

If you look at the world table, Novo Nordisk is a lot bigger than Coca Cola, but McDonalds and Coca Cola together are about the same size as Novo Nordisk. Probably the capitalistic forces that make people fat are altogether much larger than these drug companies trying to give them an easy way to undo it.

Anyway, maybe the mods have to help move this to a more appropriate thread if it rambles on much more, but it's probably not that helpful. At least LVMH and ASML are not making people fat.

Fat people should never drink their calories. But that's a major reason they're fat. 500-1K+ calories per day just from liquid consumptions. Soda, juice, flavored coffees, etc.

This really doesn't get talked about enough. They may eat like crap but still stay around 2,500-3K calories per day which for many can fall in the maintenance range. But all the sugary and high caloric drinks are what creates the situation where they gain 2-4 lbs per month. And that's gonna largely be pure sugar going to the waist line.

Want some pizza. Great, live life. We all like pizza. But if you're having 2-3 slices you don't really need an American size regular coke with it (or refills in a restaurant) which add another 75-150 grams of sugar, HFCS and 300-500 calories.....just to your lunch.

At least drink diet. Yeah aspartame and other chemicals aren't great for you. But it pales in comparison to what long term obesity will do to you.

Or, buy European soda or Mexican coke. I know lots of Eastern Europeans who drink soda regularly but the ingredients are entirely different. Beginning with no HFCS and instead, pure sugar like the soda we used to have in the states in the 80's. But that discussion is more complex so for the masses, just go diet. At the very least, keep your BMI in check. Not a big fan of BMI but we're talking about the average Joe Schmoe here.
Nothing wrong with a drink with a high sugar content, as long as its actual sugar, not high-fructose corn syrup as is in America.

Artificial sweeteners make any drink as refreshing as drinking cardboard and they aren't good for you.

Unfortunately in the UK, pretty much all drinks (except Coke) have had their sugar switched out for sweeteners.

That's why there is a growing industry of artisanal drinks companies, where their advertisements all state "no artificial sweeteners".

Nothing wrong with a drink with a high sugar content, as long as its actual sugar, not high-fructose corn syrup as is in America.
Pure sugar in soda as you see in parts of Europe is much better than HFCS.

But if you're considerably overweight- as we're talking about - drinking calories is a problem. Sugar or not.

To lose weight one of the first and easiest steps is to not drink any calories.

Earlier this year I moved from a northern blue state to a southern red state and while everything has been great; the weather is nice, people are super friendly and my parents say it feels like how America used to be down here; I haven't been able to help feeling annoyed at all the fat people.

It's seriously out of control how much goyslop southerners eat. I never used to think the people from my own hometown were attractive but the Scotch-Irish descendants in my new area who have let themselves go are very unsightly. I'm getting tired of seeing so many fat and ugly people every time I go out. It disappoints me that the bible belt is so full of gluttony, it honestly cheapens the Christianity down here, making it seem unserious. People down here consume a lot of soda and eat processed garbage and their home cooking is full of sugar. There must also be a lot of IBS because every single time I go to use the bathroom when I'm out in public the stalls are full, like uncannily full and I'm grateful I'm eating a lot less and don't have to deal with number 2 when I'm out.

The more I'm around my fellow fat Americans the more I wish to work hard at controlling my own diet and fitness. It doesn't help the area I'm in is mountainous so there are no roads to walk, there's no cyclists and outdoor activities are limited. The fittest people I see (on average) here are hispanic males (except their women are all short misshapen blobs). I think some of the southern outdoor hobbies, like fishing, hunting, are too sedentary. Football is big down here but who plays football after high school? I really think the right needs to adopt soccer culture. You can put a soccer field anywhere and its great cardio and fun. It would also encourage the right to pick up on some Spanish and connect with invaders in a way that could help with assimilation.

Just had to rant. I was out at Walmart yesterday and literally 1 out of 20 people were normal looking, not even good looking, there were no good looking people. I can't understand how so many people let themselves go as if they were entitled to it.

It disappoints me that the bible belt is so full of gluttony, it honestly cheapens the Christianity down here, making it seem unserious.
It's tragic. You'd think the Christian families would want wholesome family meals made from real food.
People down here consume a lot of soda and eat processed garbage and their home cooking is full of sugar. There must also be a lot of IBS because every single time I go to use the bathroom when I'm out in public the stalls are full, like uncannily full and I'm grateful I'm eating a lot less and don't have to deal with number 2 when I'm out.

The more I'm around my fellow fat Americans the more I wish to work hard at controlling my own diet and fitness. It doesn't help the area I'm in is mountainous so there are no roads to walk, there's no cyclists and outdoor activities are limited. The fittest people I see (on average) here are hispanic males (except their women are all short misshapen blobs). I think some of the southern outdoor hobbies, like fishing, hunting, are too sedentary. Football is big down here but who plays football after high school? I really think the right needs to adopt soccer culture. You can put a soccer field anywhere and its great cardio and fun. It would also encourage the right to pick up on some Spanish and connect with invaders in a way that could help with assimilation.

Just had to rant. I was out at Walmart yesterday and literally 1 out of 20 people were normal looking, not even good looking, there were no good looking people. I can't understand how so many people let themselves go as if they were entitled to it.
There's plenty of rock climbing and trail running communities in the South, but one challenge there is you'll meet lots of woke/lefty types in those activities.

Have you tried a Crossfit gym or something like that? Any nearby you? Some of the most based people I know are crossfitters. They won't talk politics at the gym in my experience, but if you make a subtle joke about pronouns or something, you may find some great friends.

It's tragic. You'd think the Christian families would want wholesome family meals made from real food.

There's plenty of rock climbing and trail running communities in the South, but one challenge there is you'll meet lots of woke/lefty types in those activities.

Have you tried a Crossfit gym or something like that? Any nearby you? Some of the most based people I know are crossfitters. They won't talk politics at the gym in my experience, but if you make a subtle joke about pronouns or something, you may find some great friends.
Probably won't do Crossfit due to the expense. I notice a lot of lefties do endurance and cardio-based activities. Once upon a time I was interested in HEMA (historical european martial arts) but when I looked up one of the groups near me they were all hairdyed women and a man who wore dresses (pretty sure not some kind of historical dress, but actual skirts and stuff).

"Dating is hard because men... they're just kind of like trash."

"This is what this generation has devolved into, gluttony, sloth, false-pride, and greed"

Just witnessing this makes me want to fast for a week straight.

"Cerberus, monster cruel and uncouth,
With his three gullets like a dog is barking,
Over the people that are there submerged.
Red eyes he has, and unctuous beard and black,
And belly large, and armed with claws his hands;
He rends the spirits, flays, and quarters them."

gluttony.webp

Earlier this year I moved from a northern blue state to a southern red state and while everything has been great; the weather is nice, people are super friendly and my parents say it feels like how America used to be down here; I haven't been able to help feeling annoyed at all the fat people.

It's seriously out of control how much goyslop southerners eat. I never used to think the people from my own hometown were attractive but the Scotch-Irish descendants in my new area who have let themselves go are very unsightly. I'm getting tired of seeing so many fat and ugly people every time I go out. It disappoints me that the bible belt is so full of gluttony, it honestly cheapens the Christianity down here, making it seem unserious. People down here consume a lot of soda and eat processed garbage and their home cooking is full of sugar. There must also be a lot of IBS because every single time I go to use the bathroom when I'm out in public the stalls are full, like uncannily full and I'm grateful I'm eating a lot less and don't have to deal with number 2 when I'm out.

It honestly sounds like you're in an economically depressed area. As I said in another thread, my experience in the Upper South is that the class divisions run deep. This is a problem with unrestrained corporate capitalism and decades of abuse from northern carpetbaggers and local scalawags.

Certain poorer areas are as you describe, with some of the most unhealthy people I've ever seen. These poor folk are victims of an unhealthy society. But in wealthier areas, almost everyone is in shape. Go to a college town in the South and you'll see little obesity. In fact, I found the women more attractive and feminine than up north. I also saw tons of people outside doing sports: hiking, volleyball, swimming, etc.

The actual founder of CrossFit was cancelled by his franchisées for this tweet:

1704204796029.png

He made the error of not following the, "never apologise and never explain rule" but with the corruption of BLM now in hindsight, he might have been feeling justified now.

I thought it was quite an accurate satirical dismissal of the utter madness that was unleased by Big Pharma and street activists during the US presidential election year, when most people were under house arrest.

I would recommend CrossFit (with some exceptions - risky form). I had been a gym goer for a decade before I tried CrossFit but I made more gains in a few months with it than I had made in a commercial gym for years.

There is decent camaraderie (although it is slightly cultish) in boxes, which does not exist in many other places in the smartphone era.

$200 per month sounds excessive. In the UK, monthly membership costs around £70 to £90 but I think this is good value as it is not far off from having a personal trainer for weightlifting, HIIT and calisthenics.

The actual founder of CrossFit was cancelled by his franchisées for this tweet:

View attachment 3453

He made the error of not following the, "never apologise and never explain rule" but with the corruption of BLM now in hindsight, he might have been feeling justified now.

I thought it was quite an accurate satirical dismissal of the utter madness that was unleased by Big Pharma and street activists during the US presidential election year, when most people were under house arrest.

I would recommend CrossFit (with some exceptions - risky form). I had been a gym goer for a decade before I tried CrossFit but I made more gains in a few months with it than I had made in a commercial gym for years.

There is decent camaraderie (although it is slightly cultish) in boxes, which does not exist in many other places in the smartphone era.

$200 per month sounds excessive. In the UK, monthly membership costs around £70 to £90 but I think this is good value as it is not far off from having a personal trainer for weightlifting, HIIT and calisthenics.
Yeah I'm aware of that.

But despite living in a blue/woke city, some of my crossfit instructors are the most based people I know.

$200/month is for a very top-end gym where they legitimately focus on improving your form, every class. They start correcting the obvious errors you make and over time correct the subtle ones too. The owners of the gym take pride at achieving excellence with coaching, and also with being extra-adaptable. For example, there are top-notch athletes but also people in wheelchairs and etc, and they have specific classes for teens and for seniors.

Here they don't really use the lexicon, "box", they just say "gym".

36292MEM080124.jpg.jpg

Maybe 15 or 20 years ago one of the comics had a funny rant about going to an all you can eat pizza buffet. He saw fat women dipping their pizza in ranch dressing and lost his appetite.

I can’t remember which comic this is. Anyone know? Bill Burr or Adam Corolla?

Back