The DEI Thread

webp

Edit.

I don’t know how anyone can watch that crap after the opening ceremony

I guess I did watch the women’s beach volleyball

[MOD EDIT: Bikini pics not allowed, however, this was actually a public event, so you can post it with spoiler tags]

20240805_230929.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid 7 out of 10. Would kiss...

There’s more flattering photos out there but honestly the Canadian team and Spanish team had such a great attitude and personality and they’re clearly having fun while winning etc that id rank them at least an 8 or 9 .

Harley-Davidson (HD) is getting the full Bud Light treatment. 🍿 The CEO is a Globalist - and is not an American - who completely turned the HD company into a full-blown "woke culture". 👀

It’s time to expose Harley Davidson. @harleydavidson has been one of the most beloved brands in America but recently on CEO Jochen Zeitz’s watch, they’ve gone totally woke.

Here’s some of what we found:
  • Openly supports “the equality act" which would allow men into girl’s bathrooms, sports and locker-rooms.
  • HD funded an all ages pride event that featured a "rage room" next to drag queen story time.
  • 1,800 employees had to do virtual training on how to become LGBTQ+ allies.
  • Founding Member of Wisconsin’s LGBTQ+ Chamber of Commerce — This chamber opposed a law that would’ve banned sex changes for kids in Wisconsin on behalf of the businesses they represent, including HD.
  • Sponsored LGBTQ+ Entrepreneur Bootcamp.
  • The woke CEO Jochen Zeitz signed the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion Pledge.
  • Made February and March "Months of Inclusion" because apparently Pride Month isn’t enough.
  • Multiple woke United Way trainings.
  • Donated millions to United Way who made the "United For Equity" program where they promote Ibram Kendi, the woke children’s book "Anti-Racist Baby", "Awake to Woke to Work", a podcast on the concept of "Whiteness", woke activist Robin DiAngelo, bigotry against Christians who supposedly have "Christian Privilege" and more.
  • Sent some White Male employees to a White Male ONLY woke diversity training program.
  • HD is openly working to have less White suppliers, dealers and employees.
  • HD partners with the yearly "Pride Ride".
  • HD supports the Pennsylvania Youth Congress who helped create Gender Neutral licenses in Pittsburgh.
  • Partnered with the far left HRC group to support LGBTQ+ causes.
  • Hosted LGBTQ+ events at the corporate office.
  • HD celebrated their legal dept taking a woke 21 day racial equity and literacy challenge which included speeches like "Black Panthers, White Lies", a BLM speech and Ta-Nehisi Coates "Case for Reparations".
  • LGBTQ+ & race based identity ERG groups at HD.
  • A total commitment to DEI policies.
  • 90/100 CEI score from the HRC.
To put it mildly, Harley Davidson seems to have forgotten who their core customers are.

I don’t think the values at corporate reflect the values of nearly any Harley Davidson bikers. Do Harley riders want the money they spend at Harley to be used later by corporate to push an ideology that’s diametrically opposed to their own values?

If you think Harley Davidson’s values don’t align with yours and you’re a customer or potential customer who wants to speak out, here’s their contact info.

Harley-Davidson customer care: 800-258-2464 or 414-343-4056

Email corporate: media@harley-davidson.com or call 414-343-4636

Please ALWAYS be respectful and remember that many of the employees disagree with the corporate policies. The majority of your local dealers nearly ALL disagree with this culture change so be VERY respectful if you reach out to your local dealer with concerns.

My goal with this reporting is never destruction. My goal is to inform consumers about the values major companies are adopting so they can make choices about what they’re willing to support. That’s not cancel culture, it’s capitalism.

When we use our voices and wallets to vote our values, we can change the world and we can restore great American companies to a culture of sanity, meritocracy and culture war neutrality OR we can inspire competitors to step up to fight for our business.

The customer is king and most of us just want the companies we shop at to stop virtue signaling about divisive social, cultural and political issues. That’s what would truly make businesses welcome to all. Stop dividing us by injecting wokeness.

If you agree then share this video and tag your favorite accounts so they see this news. Be sure to send it to the bikers you know. I have a feeling that biker clubs are NOT going to be okay with this. It’s time for them to take a stand too.

I don’t really know where to post this. Sounds like they might just die up there. Imagine all the awfully idle conversation you’d have to have with that other person too. I doubt they have much in common besides being stuck in a space can together. What a rotten way to go.

Harley-Davidson (HD) is getting the full Bud Light treatment. 🍿 The CEO is a Globalist - and is not an American - who completely turned the HD company into a full-blown "woke culture". 👀

I remember reading a few years back that NASDAQ has required any company traded on their exchange to adopt woke/DEI policies; Harley-Davidson is one of them :unsure:

I don’t really know where to post this. Sounds like they might just die up there. Imagine all the awfully idle conversation you’d have to have with that other person too. I doubt they have much in common besides being stuck in a space can together. What a rotten way to go.

the administration plans to cut $10 million in annual funding for the Maritime Administration’s Cable Security Fleet, crucial for protecting underwater infrastructure and internet connectivity. Instead, funds are being requested to hire 11 staffers for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives in the Department of Transportation.
(...)
This DEI expansion will create 11 jobs, but the program CSF employs two ships with a diverse crew of roughly 50 US Merchant Mariners – who will likely lose their jobs to fund this expansion.

Note: Harley-Davidson shut off their replies on their X/Twitter page due to heavy backlash and negative comments.

I’ve obtained an internal @harleydavidson email to employees in response to people being upset about the woke path their CEO has taken Harley down. Did they take accountability? No. They used PR speak and corporate word salad.

I have receipts to prove them wrong.

Here’s the full text of the email for those who have trouble reading it and my thoughts on each point after (including receipts).

"Team H-D,

As many of you are aware, there has been an interest from external commentators on some of our employee activities.

We have a guiding principle at Harley-Davidson: United We Ride. It defines how we run our business, treat our people, and underscores our commitment to freedom.

Following our July 26 message, we wanted to communicate to you directly on some of the working outcomes pertaining to our review that we initiated earlier in the year:

• Inclusive Stakeholder Management: As one of the pillars of our Hardwire Strategy, it underscores our belief that having a broad customer base is good for business and that ultimately everybody should experience the joy of riding a Harley-Davidson. To ensure better alignment with the Harley-Davidson business, it will now report through our Corporate Relations function.

• DEl: We do not have a dedicated DEI resource at the Company. We see it as every leader's role to ensure we have an employee base that reflects our customers, dealers, and geographies in which we operate. It is critical to our business that we hire and retain the best talent. While we don't and won't have quotas, everyone is welcome at Harley-Davidson.

• Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): We believe that having a workforce that is reflective of our customer base and riding community enables us to best deliver on our ambitions as a brand and business. We value the broad spectrum of viewpoints our stakeholders provide, and our employees play a vital part in shaping our Company. To ensure alignment of our ERGs with the business, we will be providing executive management to each ERG group.

• Training: As has been our practice, the Company will continue to provide a robust set of training opportunities for employees. As a responsible employer, we are continually evaluating those opportunities to ensure they are right for our workforce and, as has been the case, only legally required trainings will be mandatory."

Now my thoughts:

As for bullet point one, in the words of one employee who reached out, "what the hell does that even mean?" You can’t get more world salad than that bullet point.

They say in bullet point 2 that they don’t have a dedicated DEI resource but that’s weird since Tamika Murphy lists herself as the DEI and Supplier Diversity Manager for Harley-Davidson on her LinkedIn page. Also weird since Harley’s own Inclusive Stakeholder Report says that DEI is "what matters" to the company.

Next they say there’s no quotas. Well that’s odd too because they say in their own report that they made progress on their "goal" to hire more "women and underrepresented talent." In the report Harley brags that over 50% of new hires were from this group. They also brag about spending over $265 Million with "diverse suppliers" that they’ve made a point of prioritizing. Prioritizing "diverse" suppliers based on diversity is racism.

Their 3rd bullet point is about ERG’s (the groups of employees segregated by race or sexual orientation): Instead of confronting how divisive ERG’s are to unity, they say "To ensure alignment of our ERGs with the business, we will be providing executive management to each ERG group."

Again this is corporate word salad. No concrete changes or accountability.

As for the 4th bullet point, I’m not sure why they even included it. They could’ve just said, we’re proud of our racist DEI training resources and we’re going to continue having employees take part in them. At least I’d respect the honesty then.

Harley just keeps making this worse.

Email them your thoughts:

GVBj-FTXYAABtIb

GVBj-FVW8AA9udK

GVBj-FTWwAEjvii

GVBj-FQWIAAp4Ka

This Ann Lesby is a satire profile, so I ain't fallin' for THAT one again. That being said, I can quite easily seeing this come to pass in the not too distant future.

God help us; can you imagine traveling in an aircraft piloted by a ghey mongoloid who can only count to potato?!

Back