Natural Disasters & Weather Related Current Events

The chief issue I have with the large scale weather modification theory is this: WHY don't they get it to rain on Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the Sahara Desert? They could literally bring those regions back to the tropical oases they were 10,000+ years ago, if this all were possible. To not do so, makes no sense. Just maybe 10cm/month for the next 2 years and see what happens.

The chief issue I have with the large scale weather modification theory is this: WHY don't they get it to rain on Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the Sahara Desert? They could literally bring those regions back to the tropical oases they were 10,000+ years ago, if this all were possible. To not do so, makes no sense. Just maybe 10cm/month for the next 2 years and see what happens.
They do, at least in UAE. They have been seeding aggressively for about eight years now, and have been using new nanomaterial seeding since 2020. Many think that the seeding contributed to the severe April 2024 flooding in Dubai, but climate scientists say they're sure that's not it. They say it was global warming. :rolleyes:

They do, at least in UAE. They have been seeding aggressively for about eight years now, and have been using new nanomaterial seeding since 2020. Many think that the seeding contributed to the severe April 2024 flooding in Dubai, but climate scientists say they're sure that's not it. They say it was global warming. :rolleyes:

I know they have done it in limited small areas, but imagine if they would do this over broad regions. You could theoretically refill ancient dry lakebeds and help overcrowded populations to leave the cities and get back into the countryside. Can aquifers be refilled/reactivated? I'm not a geologist, so I don't know, but it sounds intriguing.

I know they have done it in limited small areas, but imagine if they would do this over broad regions. You could theoretically refill ancient dry lakebeds and help overcrowded populations to leave the cities and get back into the countryside. Can aquifers be refilled/reactivated? I'm not a geologist, so I don't know, but it sounds intriguing.
I think they would if they could. Except for the flooding in Dubai in April, it sounds like the effects are otherwise limited. The seeding planes go up when they see a few clouds, and seed them. That sounds like desperation. It's not like they have big moist weather fronts that they can turn into rain. They barely have any moisture in the air to work with. I imagine the interior of the Saudi desert or the Sahara are so bone dry that there is no potential available for developing additional rainfall.

Waves crashing over - people filming and getting soaked

The upper right is at Key West, which is well south of the storm, but was exposed to some of the rain bands sweeping straight out of the open water. The other areas look like they are getting some storm surge, and fairly strong winds.

The wind speeds have been dropping, and it looks like the hurricane has been losing energy as the land deprives it of the moisture coming from the east.

I pray the impact of the storm will be reduced and that it will continue to weaken.

Last edited:

WEATHER SIMULATION SHOWS HURRICANE MILTON’S DESTRUCTIVE POTENTIAL FOR FLORIDA

A CGI simulation by the Weather Channel reveals the devastating impact Hurricane Milton could have on Florida’s west coast, with storm surges expected to reach 15 feet in some areas.

As Milton strengthens back to Category 5 today, the hurricane is set to make landfall near Tampa late Wednesday night, with winds potentially hitting 155 mph.

Experts warn it may be even more destructive than Hurricane Helene. The Tampa International Airport has been closed indefinitely since Tuesday.

Source: The Weather Channel, @CollinRugg

Last edited:
Anyone in this part of USA that can confirm these fires?

Yup WY, ID, and OR are still going with their fire seasons. It's been a dry summer and the snow hasn't flown yet. No precip, high winds, low humidity, so fuels across the west are still receptive to fire. NIFC went back to a PL5 last week which is the first time since 1990 we've had a PL5 in October. PL levels ( Preparedness Level 1-5, 1 being the lowest, 5 highest) indicate how many resources are availible to fight the current fires. Most districts start laying off seasonals (approx 50% of wildland firefighters are seasonal) in Sept/Oct so there is a major shortfall going into the fall to deal with fires that continue to burn. The Forest Service made the decision in September not to extend seasonals due to budget issues. Last year was a record slow year in wildfire, this year has been about average in the number of acres burned but seems busier due to long-term resource shortages.

GZfVeO7W8AMD7uW

GZfVeO7W8AMD7uW

At first I thought he could have just had the straps come down close to the side of the house, instead of going way out in the yard. However, I realized this would put a lot of force on the edge of the roof where the strap met the roof. The way he did it here, the straps are only at a slight angle to the pitch of the roof, so the force of the straps is applied evenly where they press on the roof.

I'm sure this adds protection to keep the roof in place, compared to taking no steps at all to reinforce it. So often you see roofs lift off from houses intact in a storm. The only way this roof is coming off is if the wind shreds it to pieces.

This is what I thought as I was watching when the hurricane reached land. It was like the eye got stuck, and all the rain in the radar image disappeared to the east of the eye.

However, I'm waiting to see how much damage the winds and the storm surge did. I think even as the eye seemed to collapse as it hit the edge of the land, there was still quite a bit of wind right there on that part of the coast. I suspect the news tomorrow will show that things could have been a lot worse.

Edit: I'm seeing reports that the surge was much lower than expected, and that the more southernly landfall result in the winds actually pushing the water out of Tampa Bay, rather than pushing it in. If so, praise God!

Last edited:
I think they would if they could. Except for the flooding in Dubai in April, it sounds like the effects are otherwise limited. The seeding planes go up when they see a few clouds, and seed them. That sounds like desperation. It's not like they have big moist weather fronts that they can turn into rain. They barely have any moisture in the air to work with. I imagine the interior of the Saudi desert or the Sahara are so bone dry that there is no potential available for developing additional rainfall.
Re the hurricane, if you can cause a flood in the desert when there are only a few clouds around then you'd think the effect would be greater when there are many around.

Also; they talked about nuking the core of a young hurricane since the 60s, who knows what's going on. I'm not saying this is what happening but all the chemtrails and other insanity surely means they're doing something up there.

Back