• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Moving Abroad Before the Collapse

What I'm going to say here can apply to any denomination. The framework of the point still stands.

I'll use Orthodox as an example.

For many of us that are Eastern Orthodox, Romania, Georgia, Bulgaria, and Eastern European spots are desireable options for relocation, and for obvious reasons.

I want to highlight something I've expressed in various posts on this forum and the old one but I don't think I ever really mentioned it specifically.

Let's say you're Orthodox. You really like Thailand. But Thailand is a Buddhist country, so you scratch it off your list. I'm just using Thailand as a hypothetical. This isn't about Thailand.

I'd like to point out that even in a country like Thailand, even in one of its most seedy, trashy cities like Pattaya, there are still wonderful Orthodox Christian communities.

So I'd like to encourage being creative with planning. Instead of sweeping generalizations of "country is good because the people are X denomination", perhaps it would be better to focus on a specific Church. Research what churches are in whatever cities you like around the world. Actually go and visit the ones you're really thinking of putting roots down in.

If we find a Church community that suits us rather than solely basing our search off of the broad country classifications only, suddenly our list gets a lot longer and things start to get fun.

There are pockets, gems, and overlooked places around the world with small Orthodox church communities. I don't think we have to limit ourselves. This can keep us from ever actually making strides towards making these things a reality.

Earlier in the thread I posted about the Orthodox community in Kuala Lumpur - a Muslim country. Having this type of thinking be a part of our relocation planning efforts opens up a lot more doors.

This way we can find places that are more suitable. We can really hone in on a more personalized fit.

I have been recalling the Kuala Lumpur post above because it really got me thinking about this. Sure, I'm not Muslim, but I'm a former alcoholic. So that place is actually good for me in that aspect.

There's things like weather and food. If you really love the tropics and Asian food, then cold weather and food that you don't like isn't going to cut it in Eastern Europe in the long run.

To me this is inspiring to think of things in this way. It makes relocation goals more realistic, practical and nuanced, tailored to our own personal interests and liking.

So while I have mentioned that Romania, Georgia, and even Greece were potentially good options for me, I'm also kind of pivoting to thinking that I shouldn't necessarily write off Southeast Asia.

I mean, even where I am in the states, I'm not in an Orthodox country, I am part of a small Orthodox community, and things are working out fine. I don't see why I can replicate this in another non-Orthodox place. And my church is basically an immigrant church so it's all in Greek, but some of these international Churches in Asia with expats and locals mixed will be in English I imagine.

And the Orthodox communities in some of these places even in Asia are thriving and healthy. Full of young families, lots of children, fit women, lots of masculine-looking men. Compare that to my church in US that is full of bingo playing old grandmas.

Maybe I'll do another round of nomading there. But this time instead of looking for the best clubs in the big cities, I'll look for the best churches in the small towns. Perhaps my time there can be salvaged and resurrected with new life.

If I was a single black Orthodox guy stuck in US, UK, etc, I would move to Kenya. Really amazing stuff happening there with Orthodoxy. And Kenya is super duper cheap and uber based.

I just need wherever I go to be cheap. I need that leverage. That's the only way I'm going to be able to leave the US earlier. The great the disparity in cost of living, the sooner I can go.

That's why somewhere like Philippines is such a good bargain to me still. Covid hysteria aside, it still checks a lot of boxes for me personally.

Last edited:
There are pockets, gems, and overlooked places around the world with small Orthodox church communities. I don't think we have to limit ourselves. This can keep us from ever actually making strides towards making these things a reality.
This is how these Orthodox communities started in the first place: by Orthodox Russian, Greek, or whoever expats showing up, putting down roots and bringing their faith with them. There is no reason Orthodox from the west cannot join them.
If I was a single black Orthodox guy stuck in US, UK, etc, I would move to Kenya. Really amazing stuff happening there with Orthodoxy. And Kenya is super duper cheap and uber based.
Also consider Uganda. In South America consider Guatemala. Orthodoxy is growing fast in those places.

Some truths about living and driving in Ecuador as a gringo. All as expected. Get in a fender bender, get robbed. Get in an accident - gringo is always at fault. It sucks to live as an outsider anywhere in the world (but in some places more than in others)

Looks like mini cartel war in Ecuador now, some peoole are trying to get out of the country but unable to. That's much advertised "retirement destination" for Americans.

The same guy's advice in how to buy land un Ecuador (the prices he mentioned are from 4 years ago, a lot higher now, in part due to dollar devaluation, in part because of rural land and house buying craze since 2020)
Pretty nice environment but it's hard to live as an outsider. Like he said in another vid now might be the time to buy because of panic selling with cartel war.

Sadly, ZOG sponsors all the cartel violence and street crime in Latin America, to create instability in the region, to ensure the flow of migrants to destroy the US and to keep the US a safe haven where the world money flow to, inflating US assets.

Cartels' drug and weapons trade with America is facilitated and protected by the US deep state, this is not a secret. Only the ones who went out of line and disobeyed get punished, such as El Chapo. Also, any leader in Latin America who would really try to establish law and order would be declared a dictator, sanctioned or killed by the CIA.

It's crazy how until 2020 Ecuador was promoted as a prime expat destination. A few people sold everything in the US and moved to live there. Now roads to the airports are blocked by the armed gangs, people can't leave homes it's too dangerous - but crime in Ecuador had been increasing over the last 10 years and very rapidly the last 3 years since the scamdemic, lots of murders now where used to be petty crime and some robberies. Scamdemic shutdowns destroyed livelihoods forcing peoole to resort to crime.

Crazy how real estate prices in all these unstable countries rival many parts of the US.
Another thing is the flood of Western expats who "bring dollars", which is for some reason is mentioned as a good thing usually, jack up land, home and everything prices for the locals and the young people are sometimes forced to migrate or join cartel. With jacked up real estate prices one better be a cartel member to afford own anything. The main cartel is ZOG though.

The cartel war will end but the crime problem won't go away soon, I think.

Last edited:
This was already a problem a decade ago with scopalamine.. Apparantly there are gangs active again that actually kill their victims

And Colombia was already considered safer than Ecuador even before this cartel war.
The safest city in Ecuador now is Cuenca, I think, and it will be blockaded by the army for a few days, I heard. For someone already settled in Ecuador, fluent in Spanish and used to all the crime might be some real estate buying opportunities now, as a few expats will flee once main roads to the airports open up. Of couse if gangs get too powerful they can confiscate real estate or impose a huge safety "fee", I had seen that stuff happen before.

The US Dollar is making it very hard for me to move. I'm looking at places to rent in Western Europe thinking I was going to find some good deals as I heard rent was so much cheaper over there than in the US. But what I'm finding is that the prices are very similar for long-term rentals thanks to our weak dollar.

1705633660650.png

The US Dollar is making it very hard for me to move. I'm looking at places to rent in Western Europe thinking I was going to find some good deals as I heard rent was so much cheaper over there than in the US. But what I'm finding is that the prices are very similar for long-term rentals thanks to our weak dollar.

1705633660650.png
It's only weak compared to 2 years ago, the dollar is still stronger than average. I remember back in the 2000s when the euro was trading for 1.50 against the dollar. It was really expensive to travel to Europe then, not so much now as it hovers around 1.10. At most the exchange rate will change perhaps 10% in your favor, so I wouldn't count on that for your finances.

1705633660650.png
You’re not gonna get a better deal in Western Europe. Not if you’re going for some cosmopolitan area which I think you are.

Countless EU citizens and migrants have flocked there, jacking up the prices

In what I understand about you and that EE is likely off the table, look into Italy. Can still easily travel throughout Europe and still can find lower COL. I like Italy a lot. Heavy culture and nationalism outside Roma, Milan, etc. Good weather, food, history.

You’re not gonna get a better deal in Western Europe. Not if you’re going for some cosmopolitan area which I think you are.

Countless EU citizens and migrants have flocked there, jacking up the prices

In what I understand about you and that EE is likely off the table, look into Italy. Can still easily travel throughout Europe and still can find lower COL. I like Italy a lot. Heavy culture and nationalism outside Roma, Milan, etc. Good weather, food, history.
Yeah, I'm looking to move to a relatively large city. I have found some better deals outside of cities I like but that would require me to take a bus into town. I'd rather be near a city center so long bus rides aren't needed.

Italy is a possibility although I was turned off by the fact that tattoos are popular over there. I heard that the trend is worse down south in cities like Naples, so maybe north of there would be better. I do love their architecture...but they lack greenery. However, that's probably a trade-off I could live with.

I wish I had picked a destination a long time ago so I could've started this housing search back in November. Some places seem to be already booked up for the summer and I should be at the point where I'm deciding what rental I want...and yet I'm still trying to pick a country.

Yeah, I'm looking to move to a relatively large city. I have found some better deals outside of cities I like but that would require me to take a bus into town. I'd rather be near a city center so long bus rides aren't needed.

Italy is a possibility although I was turned off by the fact that tattoos are popular over there. I heard that the trend is worse down south in cities like Naples, so maybe north of there would be better. I do love their architecture...but they lack greenery. However, that's probably a trade-off I could live with.

I wish I had picked a destination a long time ago so I could've started this housing search back in November. Some places seem to be already booked up for the summer and I should be at the point where I'm deciding what rental I want...and yet I'm still trying to pick a country.
It would be wise to stop searching for the perfect place (I'm pretty sure you've been fumbling about this process for years ignoring good advice from forum members) and just go do a tour of the main countries/cities that interest you. For instance, you're talking about not liking Italy because you heard tattoos are popular, but you want to live in a big Western European city? This is all wrong.

I'm going to kind of rehash what @aero said, but, most importantly, what are your real, to the point goals in moving out?

If your goal, for example, is women, then it's silly to abandon an option because of "I heard they have tattoos".
If your goal, for example, is safety, then it's silly to abandon something like the UK, because of Birmingham and London existing.
If your goal, for example, is a green lifestyle, then it's silly to abandon something like Denmark, because you heard of big metropolitan cities or a supposed advancement in the industrialization of the rural towns.

Your post really gives the idea of being completely lost, and going off of a perfectly Christian and conservative place that has (sometimes literally) greener grass (your best bet in this is objectively Uganda btw).

The counterpoint in me saying this is because I am not in any way the demographic of this thread, nor would I even consider moving to more conservative places, or at least the ones listed here. I also considered the OP of the last thread a whiny complainer (come on dude, "walkable cities" out of nowhere? That's part of your collapse?). The thread starter post here having World War 3 unironically is also silly.
My one goal if I have to move out, since my country or region is in collapse only lacking the title, is safety. No one likes walking on the street with rags to not get mugged, no one likes seeing organized crime attacks on the news and getting weeks or months home, watching stuff literally burn. I don't move out for the same reason not all whites in Detroit or New Orleans can't just move to Maine. That would be planning, for the best part, but also the monopoly money in Brazil.
As the saying goes, "for someone used to the slave quarters..."

If I were in your shoes, then I'd take more action. I hate to say it, but hearing of some women with tattoos in a country in Western Europe is the male equivalent of women not moving to conservative places upon hearing about a Trump rally.

You are entirely overthinking all of this. And you're weighing factors which don't matter.

Why don't you just throw a dart at the board. Get a rental or whatever for 3 months and take it from there. Either you like it or you don't and move on to the next place. You're not really gonna know if you like a place until you're on the ground living there.

The real question is why are you scared to travel abroad when you've been talking about it for years? You can pick a country to spend a summer in less than an hour. If you're wasting time researching tattoos then you've already researched far too much.

Frankly it doesn't sound like you can handle being out of your immediate comfortable surroundings and are only looking for a paradise which doesn't exist. Which means you'll be disappointed no matter where you go. As you don't seem interested in the experience or adventure part of it.

Is Brazil becoming degenerate? I sometimes get the impression that it is, but then I remember that it's a massive country. It's hard to tell. Speaking of Brazil, I notice that although it has excellent coastal cities, it doesn't seem to have much history (architecture/squares). It looks so modern.

You're going to blow off an entire country, because you read somewhere that women have a lot of tattoos? Is this a joke? I'm in Italy on a regular basis and I would say the women in the countries north of the Alps have far more tats than south of the Alps. But seriously...WHAT?
Your profile says you're a protestant. Why would you move to a decidedly non-protestant country like Italy? Especially the south of Italy. You're not going to find protestant churches there, at least not easily or within walking distance. Or is your faith less of a factor in deciding your ultimate destination, than tattoos are? If your faith is not a factor, than I'd recommend the south of Spain. Mid-sized Spanish towns and cities are very affordable. There are parts of Portugal that are still affordable as well. Your best bet is to buy a Eurail ticket and travel around different countries for 3 months and get a feel for various places. Also, you need to prioritise what factors are truly important and what are extraneous and superfluous.

Is Brazil becoming degenerate? I sometimes get the impression that it is, but then I remember that it's a massive country. It's hard to tell. Speaking of Brazil, I notice that although it has excellent coastal cities, it doesn't seem to have much history (architecture/squares). It looks so modern.
I don't want a rerun of the South America thread, so...

It was always kind of degenerate, but things ramped up by a billion once Brazilian funk (DO NOT RESEARCH) started becoming popular. If you're more worried about degeneracy than the absurd crime, then I don't know what to say. Go to a conservative city in the South if you really want to, I suppose.

You are entirely overthinking all of this. And you're weighing factors which don't matter.

Why don't you just throw a dart at the board. Get a rental or whatever for 3 months and take it from there. Either you like it or you don't and move on to the next place. You're not really gonna know if you like a place until you're on the ground living there.

The real question is why are you scared to travel abroad when you've been talking about it for years? You can pick a country to spend a summer in less than an hour. If you're wasting time researching tattoos then you've already researched far too much.

Frankly it doesn't sound like you can handle being out of your immediate comfortable surroundings and are only looking for a paradise which doesn't exist. Which means you'll be disappointed no matter where you go. As you don't seem interested in the experience or adventure part of it.
Well, there's some truth to what you said. I'm in my 50s, have anxiety issues, and hardly ever travel out of my own neighborhood. So I'm totally freaked out about a move to another country. Just moving to another US state would be a big ordeal. But to another country where I have to deal with visas and all that...well, it just seems overwhelming to me. There's always the thought of..."I'm not ready yet. I need to get healthier before doing this." And yet I'm also freaked out about staying here in the US for another year. I worry about what could happen to our country.

Back