• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Moving Abroad Before the Collapse

The biggest question is how do you support yourselves there? Most of us are too young to straight retire. I have a lot of savings I can burn through but I’d still want to be working as I don’t really believe in the concept of retirement (a man must have always be occupied or have a project)
Yes, it's hard to do much beyond back and forth until you're at least mid 50s, to be honest.

The Philippines has a lot of similarities to India.

No one wants to relocate to India or find a potential wife there. Because it's mostly 3rd world slums with local customs you will never understand. Never mind the constant begging/harassment/scams all day, every day.

Goes along with my theory the world gets worse the closer to the equator you travel.

At least Vietnam has a sense of order to it and elements of the honor you see in Northern Asia from Japan/Korea.

I once worked as a deckhand on a tour boat, and one of the captains lived in the US for half the year and the other half in the Philippines. It seems like saving up money from a seasonal job in the West is the most realistic, if you're ok going back and forth. I would think it's a lot easier to get a shorter term visa in most of these countries too.

Maybe keep an IRA or other retirement account and permanently move there when you have enough. It would take a lot less to retire than the US. A lot of countries also make it easier for retirees to become permanent residents.

The biggest question is how do you support yourselves there? Most of us are too young to straight retire. I have a lot of savings I can burn through but I’d still want to be working as I don’t really believe in the concept of retirement (a man must have always be occupied or have a project)
What field are you in generally speaking? Can it be done remotely, or can you transition to something that can?

I work a STEM job that can be done remotely. Some people in my field decide to be freelance entrepreneurs, doing short-term contracts instead of working for one employer. There are websites out there that will connect you with clients for a fee. This has the added advantage of giving you more freedom, plus you can potentially make more than as an employee. Downside is it will probably take a while to make enough, so it's best to start while you still have a full-time job in your native country. But you also don't need to make as much because your cost of living will be lower abroad.

In certain fields like mine, companies in Eastern Europe pay very well, several times the average local salary. So getting a local job is another option as well.

Examples: International schools, fully remote location independent work (Programming, online marketing etc), import/export companies in said countries, be rich already and live off of interest, etc.

Goes along with my theory the world gets worse the closer to the equator you travel.
Not to take away from what you said, I actually agree with you, but in effort to give you guys something positive Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is a shockingly nice place.

Friendly, safe, great infrastructure, google maps can actually tell you how to get somewhere, lives up to the delicious diversity of food promise, tourists everywhere including whites who look comfortable being on the street, Muslims taking pictures with Christmas trees and Rudolf [obviously no religious symbols present], beautiful women with about 70/30 ratio of hijab [head covering] and your typical “dressed to impress” Asian women, the place overall feels liberal and not restrictive, no taxis harassing me and the beggars don’t act like they’re members of the community, and given the western vibe you can probably get a job [they had a billboard for remote workers at the airport] as it seems like they want to attract talent and money.

There’s heavy London-style multiculturalism [muslim/arab/indian/black] here which is a deal breaker for me but surprisingly has not bothered me yet. If you’re an Anglo I imagine this is the diversity they promised you. The only difference is they’re trying to exterminate whites in the west where as here the dominant ethnicity [malays?] can exercise their own agency, at least that’s my theory. Alcohol is heavily taxed, they stop selling at 9 pm but make “exceptions” for me and others. Aside from the expenses, can’t complain.

I sure think it’s better than the Philippines, even in the “friendly” category. It’s a normal type of friendliness here. If you’re ever had a rap music phase then you’re going to have to pull out your “down with the brothers” character with the Filipinos, they love empty flattery, smiling in their face and trying to impress them. Here you can do it the white way.

Not to take away from what you said, I actually agree with you, but in effort to give you guys something positive Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is a shockingly nice place.

Friendly, safe, great infrastructure, google maps can actually tell you how to get somewhere, lives up to the delicious diversity of food promise, tourists everywhere including whites who look comfortable being on the street, Muslims taking pictures with Christmas trees and Rudolf [obviously no religious symbols present], beautiful women with about 70/30 ratio of hijab [head covering] and your typical “dressed to impress” Asian women, the place overall feels liberal and not restrictive, no taxis harassing me and the beggars don’t act like they’re members of the community, and given the western vibe you can probably get a job [they had a billboard for remote workers at the airport] as it seems like they want to attract talent and money.

There’s heavy London-style multiculturalism [muslim/arab/indian/black] here which is a deal breaker for me but surprisingly has not bothered me yet. If you’re an Anglo I imagine this is the diversity they promised you. The only difference is they’re trying to exterminate whites in the west where as here the dominant ethnicity [malays?] can exercise their own agency, at least that’s my theory. Alcohol is heavily taxed, they stop selling at 9 pm but make “exceptions” for me and others. Aside from the expenses, can’t complain.

I sure think it’s better than the Philippines, even in the “friendly” category. It’s a normal type of friendliness here. If you’re ever had a rap music phase then you’re going to have to pull out your “down with the brothers” character with the Filipinos, they love empty flattery, smiling in their face and trying to impress them. Here you can do it the white way.

I'm waiting for your report in a few months about how you had to use furniture, boxes, pillows, and other various items to block your windows from the howling, piercing jolt of the invasive Islamic prayer calls several times throughout the day. Lol.

Just playing. I went to KL a few times on extended stays. It's a cool place. I also liked Penang. The food scene in Malaysia is very fun to explore, rivaling Thailand and Vietnam for the top culinary scene of Southeast Asia. Laksa is so good.

English levels (Notably, Malay isn't tough to master at 'survival levels' being that it uses English phonetic symbols, i.e. terima kasih = thank you. Not hard or unpleasant), overall infrastructure, and cleanliness are also of a higher standard for the SEA region.

Visa processing is a hassle-free piece of cake here, as I'm sure you noticed. Stamped for 3 months on entry and boom you're done. Re-stamping for a 3-month extension also doesn't seem to be an issue.

The current 4.61 Ringgit to 1 USD is historically high. That's awesome. When I was there is was hovering under 4 I believe.

Another good thing about Malaysia that you mentioned, and based on my previous alcohol post in this thread, is the restrictions on alcohol and it being expensive. So less drunks in general. Win in my book.

Maybe you could find a thick-walled apartment that isn't too close to one of the Islamic sound explosion devices and also not too far of a commute from here, which seems like a lovely community:

IMG_4874.JPG

Google Link:

There's also a Facebook page and a WhatsApp # if you click the "About" section on the Google link.

Apparently this is the only Eastern Orthodox church in all of Malaysia which is pretty surprising (I did see there's a Syriac one in KL also, but IMO, meh).

The Father speaks English too.

Last edited:
Return of Kings is gone now but there was an excellent article by RVF member Athlone McGinnis / Excelsior that covered that very topic - How Black America Has Predicted Our Future.

I found a mirror of the article at https://theredarchive.com/blog/Return-of-Kings/how-black-america-has-predicted-our-future.24618

----

Much has been made in the manosphere of the ongoing rise of negative social indicators in the United States and the general societal decline that they seem to be predicting, particularly as they relate to gender relations. Many guys are worried sick about this, and rightfully so.

In the midst of this concern, however, I would like to present some information that could shed some more light on what may come of all this: we have actually been here before. In fact, there exists within our society a model for the outcome of all the ongoing negative trends we are seeing, a culture that has already felt the impact of those trends and suffered their consequences.

That model or prototype for our future is Black America.

The manosphere is a predominantly white corner of the net, but many of the problems discussed there are quite familiar to the relatively few blacks who frequent it. Almost every social problem guys in the manosphere cite as a growing concern within the general population has already played itself out within the Black American community.

---

He goes on to list many of the dysfunctional behaviors that men in the wider culture have been grappling with when it comes to women that have been present in the black community for decades - obesity, out of wedlock birth, hypergamy, bad-boy worship, the effect of single-mother households on a generation of men, etc.

---

4. What happens when men in a certain culture are marginalized and their households become largely matriarchal?

Long Answer: Men will have high unemployment and incarceration rates, and young boys will be prone to violence, academic reticence, and poor performance in school. Nearly 70% of undergraduate and graduate degrees will be earned by females, while their men practically disappear from the higher echelons of the professional world and leave those women without suitable mates. These women will then proceed to ponder where all the good black men went.

---

The article showed how black America was the canary in the coal mine for what was coming down the pike for the rest of men in this country. Well worth reading.
Cross-posting this excellent post from the Destruction of Modern Women Thread here because it is quite relevant to this discussion.

Several of these points are also true in the Philippines from my experience, but the baseline of society (in general) is so much higher than inner city USA, that the results aren't quite as obvious for the time being.

Not sure about the rest of SE Asia, but the general trend seems to be going that way as feminism and the alphabet soup agenda keeps getting pushed on GAE allies particularly.

Good post and appreciate your thoughts.

I still believe however if someone is looking to start anew and move somewhere, SE Asia doesn't register as an option at the top of the list of destinations. There are many more places where culturally the fit is superior.

A significant issue everyone should consider since "escaping" is a goal, is what happens if the need to escape comes to fruition. Meaning a true SHTF scenario. In large parts of Asia whitey will always be an outsider. You can be married and fluent in the language yet will never be considered a local. Your wife can be local, or your parents but you grew up overseas. You will always be looked at as an outsider. Unlike a number of other countries where people will have your back and look out for you as long as you commit to living alongside them as one of them.

Compound it with the history of conformity and group think, going along for the good of the government and it can be a bad situation. COVID/lockdowns were just an example.

This is why at its root I put EE atop the list. A history of questioning and going against the government. True masculine presence. Orthodox foundation. And outsiders who assimilate are looked at as brothers. Friends are trusted more than government.

In Asia, government comes before friends/family.

Important distinction.

Good post and appreciate your thoughts.

I still believe however if someone is looking to start anew and move somewhere, SE Asia doesn't register as an option at the top of the list of destinations. There are many more places where culturally the fit is superior.

A significant issue everyone should consider since "escaping" is a goal, is what happens if the need to escape comes to fruition. Meaning a true SHTF scenario. In large parts of Asia whitey will always be an outsider. You can be married and fluent in the language yet will never be considered a local. Your wife can be local, or your parents but you grew up overseas. You will always be looked at as an outsider. Unlike a number of other countries where people will have your back and look out for you as long as you commit to living alongside them as one of them.

Compound it with the history of conformity and group think, going along for the good of the government and it can be a bad situation. COVID/lockdowns were just an example.

This is why at its root I put EE atop the list. A history of questioning and going against the government. True masculine presence. Orthodox foundation. And outsiders who assimilate are looked at as brothers. Friends are trusted more than government.

In Asia, government comes before friends/family.

Important distinction.
I would wonder how many come to the point where, not being depressed per se but just disappointed, if you have accomplished a lot and you still are locked out of some normal life (or the second half of a normal one with family, etc), but you still have money, who cares what ends up happening? Easy to say when you aren't in the line of fire but the whole point is that you'd get some benefit for the risk. Your other option is to just sit around and amuse yourself for 30 years doing essentially nothing since life's already boring. I hate to say it that way but it keeps coming up in my mind where the life of a single person can clearly be better in ways but the married people have all these complaints too, and the women are among the most spoiled in history. There's little that I wanna be around anymore and I came from a good family. The closer family that I have that has kids acts closer to expecting as a "free" single person you're supposed to pay for or care about what they are doing, generally. I think it's because we all grew up in a time where things were normal and a lot take their parents for granted. They (the married ones with families) also lean on them far more than I think is healthy. Single people going out on their own and paying all for housing is one of the problems, an off topic comment. Of course, that wouldn't be happening if the culture actually told women to marry when young.

I'm mid thirties. I'm basically only taking serious looks at the following countries now for an earlier retirement:

Romania, Georgia, and Greece.

Greece may be a surprise to many of you but here's how I see it. I am partly of Greek descent. I go to a Greek church. I understand the Greek liturgy. I have a lot of Greek friends, many of them who own homes in Greece and are back and forth from there and USA. I love Greek food, culture, language, etc. Greece is 90% Orthodox.

I know that many are just Orthodox by name only, but it's still far better than somewhere like Thailand that is Buddhist or Philippines that is Catholic (Sorry), and the same can be said of these places also - that it's just a social conformity thing - but it's really a moot point.

Greece is 90% Orthodox
. I really can't stand cold weather so that's why Romania and Georgia take a back seat for me.

The key for me is to be outside of major cities like Athens, and in a rural, conservative, coastal region, and find a good church community. Greece is not as expensive as people think if you stay outside of major cities/touristy areas and live like a local, and many Greeks are still very traditionally-minded people, despite what the news and reports from major cities say.

There are some decent deals on property there as well and they are of a higher standard than you'd expect for the price.

With all that said, it's also not a bad idea to stay put. Many of the same tips and tricks can be applied here in the USA.

The grass is greener and pipe dream mentality will never end for me, I know.
Greece may be a surprise to many of you but here's how I see it. I am partly of Greek descent. I go to a Greek church. I understand the Greek liturgy. I have a lot of Greek friends, many of them who own homes in Greece and are back and forth from there and USA. I love Greek food, culture, language, etc.
Well, good for you...but that's all personal and subjective.

Greece is 90% Orthodox.
On paper. In general, in Greece, (Orthodox) Christianity has little impact on people's life in Greece. Church attendance is low...and crucially, immoral behaviors are just as common in Greece as anywhere else in Europe. Buyer beware.

Greece has a warm climate
Last summer: 48 degrees Celsius in inner -Greece. (most places don't have air conditioning there). So be careful what you wish for. Also, during the winter the temperatures can still drop to 0 degree Celcius after sunset. You will need to use those oil radiators to keep warm.

I really can't stand cold weather so that's why Romania and Georgia take a back seat for me.

Both Romania and Georgia still have hot summers and but overall more moderate climate than Greece.
Also, there may be a trade-off. I don't like White women...but in Georgia even I found at least two women that I found attractive - mind you this was back in 2007. (FYI, Georgians are the real proverbial Caucasians, not WASP-y "Caucasians" in the US...just for reference).

but it's still far better than somewhere like Thailand that is Buddhist or Philippines that is Catholic (Sorry), and the same can be said of these places also - that it's just a social conformity thing - but it's really a moot point.

This is not to hurt your feeling...but if you converted to eastern Orthodoxy, you practically joined an ageing,, dying group that is also notoriously suspicious of outsiders and is not actually a proselytizing religion...they are not used to converts. The recent "uptick" in "converts" (mostly to ROCOR in the US, not so much elsewhere) is not going to change that. There are very few genuinely marriageable women amongst those circles...and those who are , tend to marry someone from their own ethnic groups. The odds are stuck against you, my friends.
the other hand, both Catholicism and Buddhism (since you brought these two groups into the conversation) are still thriving outside Europe - with youthful demographic, decent birthrates and lots of young women who are still genuinely religious.
But than again, you surely did your research before jumping into (Eastern ) Orthodoxy and you were ok with what you found...right?

Greece is not as expensive as people think if you stay outside of major cities/touristy areas and live like a local, and many Greeks are still very traditionally-minded people, despite what the news and reports from major cities say.
I found it the opposite. Greece is ridiculously expensive for what it is. Almost everything is more expensive than in the UK and Germany (despite of Greece having the lowest wages amongst Eu countries that joined before the 2004 extension). Also, outside of Athens, most young people have left or about to leave...sometimes for Athens...but mostly for Western Europe. (even more so since Greece's 2012 financial collapse) . Thus, in rural Greece...You will be left with an ageing population that barely speaks English, sees you as an outside and will try to rip you off wherever they can.
Also, this may be subjective but most Greek women are simply hideous. Even the neighboring Albania, Macedonia and Turkey are upgrades from Greece when it comes to women's looks. Not to mention, most Greek women have worse attitudes than your loud, foul-mouthed, promiscuous White English woman in England. Go figure...

With all that said, it's also not a bad idea to stay put. Many of the same tips and tricks can be applied here in the USA.
Finally you are talking sense. No sane person would move from the US to Greece. It's expected the other way around, brother.

The grass is greener and pipe dream mentality will never end for me, I know.

The grass is definitely NOT greener...when it comes to the places you mentioned.
Buyer beware.
I wish you all the best. Bye.

Last edited:
There are very few genuinely marriageable women amongst those circles...and those who are , tend to marry someone from their own ethnic groups. The odds are stuck against you, my friends.
As an american who is orthodox and connected to several ethnic circles due to our devotedness to the orthodox christianity, this is largely true. You crush Greece in that post, but America is also a lost cause, and doesn't even have a history that its institutions support anymore, so two sides of the same coin. Speaking of coin, yes, the only reason to go to Greece is if you do well in America and you have connections there. I agree. The women are like italians, it's just that italians have a far greater population. Most are strong featured and loud, otherwise, yes.
Even the neighboring Albania, Macedonia and Turkey are upgrades from Greece when it comes to women's looks.
Without the euro, there isn't a pretense of being rich. Turkey likely has the best women, but being muslim that's its own problem but a benefit if you could extract her, since the men of islam are largely beneficiaries of a culture where they can suck and still be doted on.

I'd take any slavic country on average if I could get a 7. That's a different type of buyer beware, though. In my view, they are genetically superior from a phenotype point of view. Part of that is my preference, but most of it is an objective reality.

Well, that's your opinion. But surely you shouldn't be suggesting someone to get banned for simply giving genuine advice (based on genuine, on-the-ground experiences) to TrainedLogosmotion.

Perhaps not, but my jimmies were rustled by you denigrating the Orthodox Church, and not for the first time.

Perhaps not, but my jimmies were rustled by you denigrating the Orthodox Church, and not for the first time.
"denigrating the Orthodox Church"
No, I simply pointed out that the membership of Eastern Orthodox Churches is ageing and dying...and despite of the demographic decline they are notoriously hostile to converts. Someone points these fact (backed up by statistics) out to you and you are upset.
You really need help.
PS in case you forgot ...this is not the RooshvForum. Critical or dissenting voices of your congregation are perfectly allowed. The same way a troll created a " a pope blessed same-sex couple " which is clearly a trolling thread that was based on a lie has no canonical sources whatsoever and which has not been shut down by the moderators. just for perspective.

Last edited:
"denigrating the Orthodox Church£
No, I simply pointed out that the membership of Eastern Orthodox Churches is ageing and dying...and despite of the demographic decline they are notoriously hostile to converts. Someone points these fact (backed up by statistics) out to you and you are upset.
You really need helps.

I’ve never encountered hostility as a convert, even when I recently spent time in Russia when relations between Russia and the west are worse than ever, I was shown nothing but kindness and hospitality to an extent which was almost overwhelming. That’s real, on the ground experience.

But yes, I concede I overreacted to this isolated incident, however you have cast aspersions about orthodox churches and converts thereof in the past. But let us move on.

"denigrating the Orthodox Church"
You really need help.
PS in case you forgot ...this is not the RooshvForum. Critical or dissenting voices of your congregation are perfectly allowed. The same way a troll created a " a pope blessed same-sex couple " which is clearly a trolling thread that was based on a lie has no canonical sources whatsoever and which has not been shut down by the moderators. just for perspective.
P.s. in case you forgot ....you seem to turn every thread into an anti Orthodox comment ... So while this isn't an Orthodox forum... Don't get butt hurt when people push back on your vitriol.
I’ve never encountered hostility as a convert, even when I recently spent time in Russia when relations between Russia and the west are worse than ever, I was shown nothing but kindness and hospitality to an extent which was almost overwhelming. That’s real, on the ground experience.

But yes, I concede I overreacted to this isolated incident, however you have cast aspersions about orthodox churches and converts thereof in the past. But let us move on.
Don't pay attention to him.

He's the same dude who said the Russian people would be snickering about me for having a wife who's got American Indian features in between sips of vodka ... Even though I don't go to a Russian Church ...

Funny enough I have never had hostility either ... But then again... I was there to learn and be humble.

Back