• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Moving Abroad Before the Collapse

I'm mid thirties. I'm basically only taking serious looks at the following countries now for an earlier retirement:

Romania, Georgia, and Greece.

Greece may be a surprise to many of you but here's how I see it. I am partly of Greek descent. I go to a Greek church. I understand the Greek liturgy. I have a lot of Greek friends, many of them who own homes in Greece and are back and forth from there and USA. I love Greek food, culture, language, etc. Greece is 90% Orthodox.

I know that many are just Orthodox by name only, but it's still far better than somewhere like Thailand that is Buddhist or Philippines that is Catholic (Sorry), and the same can be said of these places also - that it's just a social conformity thing - but it's really a moot point.

Greece has a warm climate. I really can't stand cold weather so that's why Romania and Georgia take a back seat for me.

The key for me is to be outside of major cities like Athens, and in a rural, conservative, coastal region, and find a good church community. Greece is not as expensive as people think if you stay outside of major cities/touristy areas and live like a local, and many Greeks are still very traditionally-minded people, despite what the news and reports from major cities say.

There are some decent deals on property there as well and they are of a higher standard than you'd expect for the price.

With all that said, it's also not a bad idea to stay put. Many of the same tips and tricks can be applied here in the USA.

The grass is greener and pipe dream mentality will never end for me, I know.

Last edited:
I honestly don’t understand how this is considered the traditional waifu factory. In my opinion it would be torture to live there, deal with her family and probably torture to bring her back to the west.

Anyone willing to comment?

You fell for the 3rd world sex-tourism meme (I have had similar fantasies, the Lord knows.)

Remember this:

For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings. Proverbs 5:21.

If you are of European / Anglo / American heritage, I think it is better to abide in our homelands. Learn to appreciate what you do have. That does not mean to never travel, or to never move; but examine your intentions. Be not deceived, God is not mocked.

Last edited:
You fell for the 3rd world sex-tourism meme (I have had similar fantasies, the Lord knows.)

Remember this:

If you are of European / Anglo / American heritage, I think it is better to abide in our homelands. Learn to appreciate what you do have.

That does not mean to never travel, or to never move; but examine your intentions. The Lord can not be mocked.
Yes, the problem is, in general, if you aren't committed to monk mode (and that might be a "me" problem, I'm realistic enough to say) you are in the most decayed, debased situation for women if you are in the west. At this point the whoredom or prostitute by proxy isn't even worth it. Even if you are a good looking guy with resources, that ROI is nonsense.

I'm mid thirties. I'm basically only taking serious looks at the following countries now for an earlier retirement:

Greece may be a surprise to many of you but here's how I see it. I am partly of Greek descent. I go to a Greek church. I understand the Greek liturgy. I have a lot of Greek friends, many of them who own homes in Greece and are back and forth from there and USA. I love Greek food, culture, language, etc. Greece is 90% Orthodox.

I know that many are just Orthodox by name only, but it's still far better than somewhere like Thailand that is Buddhist or Philippines that is Catholic (Sorry), and the same can be said of these places also - that it's just a social conformity thing - but it's really a moot point.

Greece has a warm climate. I really can't stand cold weather so that's why Romania and Georgia take a back seat for me.

The key for me is to be outside of major cities like Athens, and in a rural, conservative, coastal region, and find a good church community. Greece is not as expensive as people think if you stay outside of major cities/touristy areas and live like a local, and many Greeks are still very traditionally-minded people, despite what the news and reports from major cities say.

There are some decent deals on property there as well and they are of a higher standard than you'd expect for the price.

With all that said, it's also not a bad idea to stay put. Many of the same tips and tricks can be applied here in the USA.

It's a great country in many ways except for two: it is right in the belly of the beast geopolitically/regionally, and the women are average to bad. If I could get an arbitrage (get a woman to go there), maybe.

It's a great country in many ways except for two: it is right in the belly of the beast geopolitically/regionally, and the women are average to bad. If I could get an arbitrage (get a woman to go there), maybe.

Yes, I failed to mention those drawbacks also.

For the time being, my time there will consist of visits only, especially for pilgrimages to Holy sites.

I agree about getting an arbitrage gal. I'd like to meet someone while I'm here in the states that has the same sort of mentality and is willing to flee with me, let's say after we've seen some of these places together and planned out where is best to relocate.

I understand the drawbacks to this but I'm not quite sure I'm going to leave anyway, and I really cannot let go of my job because it's too valuable. I know, I'm searching for a diamond in the rough. I think we can make it work if we are extremely careful. Choose wisely, keep her pregnant, be a high $ earner, homeschool, stay rural, very involved in parish life, etc.

I liked Latin America for a while too, for example Guatemala, or Argentina, but I'll be honest, I just don't really want to learn Spanish. We have to be honest with ourselves, and those places are going to have a lot of the same vibes as the Philippines, sadly.

As far as a wife goes, I'm not really so sure I need to hyper focus on the country she's from but more on what her specific values are.

She needs to be Orthodox. I don't want to deal with even converting a Catholic girl if she isn't already on her way according to God's call. I'm very aware of the pitfalls as I'm witnessing it firsthand in my own church with Orthodox/Catholic couples.

Then there's the question of is she just Orthodox by name only (Family conformity), or is she for real? This is leading me to believe that a convert, as I am myself, will share in the same zeal and will perhaps be my destiny.

Maybe there's a half Filipino/half Greek girl out there somewhere that's denouncing her Catholicism and wants to return to Greece where she was born. Maybe she's a dual citizen. We could have both Greece and Phils. Just a random thought. I don't know.

My point is, we really have to understand that whoever God has in store, it probably won't be what we think. I'm witnessing some very unique situations with couples in my parish that are quite alluring and enlightening.

And I'm definitely not a fan of just sit back and wait and God will do all the work. Just saying that our efforts should focus on the values. The parish community life, or the specific values of the woman we seek, etc.

This to me means attending Orthodox events, getting to know people in these circles, visiting other churches, and letting it be known to priest and elders of these communities that you are indeed seeking marriage.

It's a tough battle. Definitely easier if you are strong enough to remain chaste and stick to celibate monk mode. I don't think God will reward us without any concrete, properly directed efforts on our part.

Last edited:
Whoredom should not even be named once among the saints.

I just visited Phillipines on Google Street View: No European/American has any business there barring some exceptional circumstance(s).

Once the wifu pipe dream of the Phils gets sorted out for what it really is, Phils really comes crashing down in the ranks. The women there are indeed extremely attractive in my opinion and it was easier than anywhere I'd ever been in my life. This is absolutely true especially for white American men.

However, so much of the wifu hunt there is out of despair, laziness, and confusing love with lust. Thailand is even worse. The chances of ending up with a gold-digging hooker type at both of these places is just enormously high. There must be something said about what TYPE of girls these are that are drawn to use there, despite the ease of pulling them. It's a spiritual trap.

Eastern Europe is the only place that makes sense to me if relocation is the goal. But again, as has been said before, the overarching goal cannot be wifu hunting. There must be a more grounded purpose.

Last edited:
@Northern Pilgrim @TrainedLogosmotion

I did Manila [makati, bgc], Subic bay, angeles, Puerto Galera, Cebu city and half my time was exploring Cebu island. I feel that’s quite a few places and the reason for it is because I didn’t want to believe the whole country is a dump. I was actually livid the first week and referred to the place as “one giant gypsy colony” under my breath. I really, really hated people making it unpleasant for me to roam around on the street. I honestly don’t think I’m soft like a marshmallow, as they say, I’ve been to black neighborhoods quite a few times and I don’t cry about it.

I know I come off as extremely negative but it just feels like someone told me Santa Claus isn’t real, I feel emotionally let down. This is suppose to be the holy grail of White-Asian intermixing. I didn’t go there exclusively for a Filipina wife, I went there assuming it would be better than the west and a potential wife would be icing on the cake, should it happen. I wanted to like the place. What else is there now in Asia? China? I didn’t expect it would be the opposite of my expectations.

Now I don’t want to discourage anybody. I did see humble, good natured people there. If anyone wants a Filipina wife, they should still put themselves out there and test the waters. Like I said, this trip became too personal and emotional for me. What I will say is that aside from the women, there’s not much else they can brag about. They indeed can be very attractive. It’s not just transport, almost all things we take for granted are a problem there. I really enjoyed cell data working intermediately outside of a five star hotel lobby, while trying to get an Uber [grab] and some regularly dressed man asking me “why I’m not helping [$] him”.

I visited a Catholic Church that’s a tourist attraction on Cebu but that’s about it. In retrospect I kind of relegated myself to tourist status. For anyone wife hunting, you have to go there and hit the ground running. Online dating, meetups, church service like people mentioned. Day 1. Otherwise you’ll be spending your time with Filipino men like me.

I really don’t know what to say since I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. A part of me kind of wishes someone will tell me I’m wrong, tell me to go back, try Davao City or something, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t happy to leave.

Also, as @LaAguilaNegra pointed out, lot of homos and men dressed like women. God knows what’s going on with that country.

I did Manila [makati, bgc], Subic bay, angeles, Puerto Galera, Cebu city and half my time was exploring Cebu island. I feel that’s quite a few places and the reason for it is because I didn’t want to believe the whole country is a dump. I was actually livid the first week and referred to the place as “one giant gypsy colony” under my breath. I really, really hated people making it unpleasant for me to roam around on the street. I honestly don’t think I’m soft like a marshmallow, as they say, I’ve been to black neighborhoods quite a few times and I don’t cry about it.

I know I come off as extremely negative but it just feels like someone told me Santa Claus isn’t real, I feel emotionally let down. This is suppose to be the holy grail of White-Asian intermixing. I didn’t go there exclusively for a Filipina wife, I went there assuming it would be better than the west and a potential wife would be icing on the cake, should it happen. I wanted to like the place. What else is there now in Asia? China? I didn’t expect it would be the opposite of my expectations.

Now I don’t want to discourage anybody. I did see humble, good natured people there. If anyone wants a Filipina wife, they should still put themselves out there and test the waters. Like I said, this trip became too personal and emotional for me. What I will say is that aside from the women, there’s not much else they can brag about. They indeed can be very attractive. It’s not just transport, almost all things we take for granted are a problem there. I really enjoyed cell data working intermediately outside of a five star hotel lobby, while trying to get an Uber [grab] and some regularly dressed man asking me “why I’m not helping [$] him”.

I visited a Catholic Church that’s a tourist attraction on Cebu but that’s about it. In retrospect I kind of relegated myself to tourist status. For anyone wife hunting, you have to go there and hit the ground running. Online dating, meetups, church service like people mentioned. Day 1. Otherwise you’ll be spending your time with Filipino men like me.

I really don’t know what to say since I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. A part of me kind of wishes someone will tell me I’m wrong, tell me to go back, try Davao City or something, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t happy to leave.

Also, as @LaAguilaNegra pointed out, lot of homos and men dressed like women. God knows what’s going on with that country.

Totally understand. Davao was my least favorite stop there. I visited a spot in a market where Muslims has bombed a bunch of innocents not long ago. Very creepy place. I'd advise giving it a miss.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Many of us made a lot of the same mistakes. We learn from these experiences and grow stronger. You shot your shot.

I wouldn't give up on geoarbitrage if I were you, but I would heavily advise that you completely write off Asia, and not only based on your own personal experience there, but also just in general.

Is there any particular place in Eastern Europe you are considering?

Or if not that, do you have a plan to return to your home country?

I'm sure the knowledge you've gained will be useful in finding yourself a better fit somewhere else.

May God bless you on your journey, and may you be able to discern His Will for you.

Last edited:

Did you wear your mask like a good boy when you were in the Philippines?

Just asking though. I've heard that in the Philippines, on the cusp of hitting 2024, a significant minority still wears its mask. That includes when doing chores outside bytheway.

Clownworld territory. Literal NPC nation - by far the most submissive and obedient people I've seen.

Last edited:
@TrainedLogosmotion

I’m not giving up, cat is out of the bag. Belarus is probably the best bet for me, to try. The problem with this whole relocation thing is there is a ton of factors and forces at play. The biggest psychological aspect is motivation, you really need a reason to wake up in the morning in a new place. Then there’s the fact that I’m a broken person, operating from a disadvantage [seeking vs offering], and the fact that “developing nation” seems to mean “not up to par with the west but moving in that direction”. It’s probably no surprise that certain places feel similar but with lower wages. I think ideally we want to find a place that makes you feel human again, like you’re not just a number, a drone and need to be Machiavellian.

I don’t have youthful enthusiasm anymore. Asia doesn’t really strike me as mysterious, there’s not a lot to draw me in, make we want to learn the culture/language, make effort to assimilate. I’m not far off from the mentality of retirees where you want Asians to cater to you. I don’t think that’s right but I’ve realized I’ve become toxic in certain ways. I was hoping there would be a little magic in the air here, I would feel like it’s the first day of school again, to make things easier.

I respect Asians but I feel like they’re picking up on white problems, meaning they can feel we’re battered as a people, and struggling. So we’re kind of losing our status with them. I wouldn’t go as far to say they’re hostile but I don’t think any white mass migration here would be well received.

It’s still winter, I’ll continue to explore Asia a little more. I was able to hide from my problems in the west, I feel a lot more self-conscious of my issues here, in a productive way, that creates a desire for change. In that sense it’s a good thing to be here and “failing”.

@LaAguilaNegra

Definitely a deal breaker for me. They’re still masking in SEA overall although a minority now. I was told the Philippines was really bad with the lockdowns. Filipinos are clever in certain ways, like to read people but there’s definitely an IQ issue and taking “authority” at face value.

Last edited:
Philippines

My Experiences:
  1. Atrocious infrastructure and slum cities.
The problem is you went to the cities.
The only cities worth visiting are European ones.
Other countries? You want to GTFO of the city as soon as possible.
I've been there and don't recognize anything from your post, other than #4) the westerners don't want to interact with you.

The only time I'm ever in the city is the night before a flight home from the airport, then you just do your best to ignore the awful traffic and reflect on the incredible experience you just had.

@TrainedLogosmotion I've been to Panglao and loved it. I even considered investing in property there. Then I traveled more and discovered there are places like that all over Asia and I'd much rather visit different spots and not be tied down. Incredibly friendly people tho. Anyway, as you say, just because a place gets rave reviews doesn't mean it's right for everyone. Some people love NYC. Some wouldn't visit if the trip was free.

I've been there and don't recognize anything from your post, other than #4) the westerners don't want to interact with you.
That’s a strange statement. I found and watched some Philippines hate channels on YouTube and although they sing a different tune some complaints are similar.

For example people stared at me everywhere I went. I can’t imagine someone having it different. I don’t discount people having different experiences. I’m sure people can go there and have a good time.

One common thing I read is people relying on their Filipina wife to do everything, which if you get to the core of the reason would probably echo what I said. Not an ideal dynamic between a man and a woman.

I actually found that westerners were more friendly there than in Thailand, I assume it’s because they too feel “awkward” and home sick in the Philippines. I felt in Thailand if the white guys weren’t stupid and stuck together we could have things more our way rather than being at the mercy of the culture. I don’t think Thai culture is bad but you definitely have to stay humble there or you will have problems. They will side with their own people.

In the Philippines expats complained, like me, but seemed determined to ignore the bad and go with the flow. The women seem to become the main attraction for everyone to focus their energy on. I met a drunk European from Taiwan in Cebu who started ranting to me about women at the bar asking for money, drinks for her friends, someone asking him for money because he used the atm. This was a sports bar owned by Americans. He obviously didn’t have a good first day in Cebu. Told me to go to Japan.

The only reason I did the multiple cities is because you kind of wear off your welcome and get bored in the provinces. I also went to the “islands” [beach] first thing and hated all my interactions, then returned to Manila to regroup. Like I said most of my time was around Cebu Island. People online recommend getting a province girl and it’s not really a good sign when people tell you to go to the sticks to get a good woman. Well, in the “provinces” there’s not a whole lot, unless you love sari sari huts. Unless you go inviting yourself into people’s houses, which they will agree to, you’re kind of left with essentially prowling villages, looking for lone women. Otherwise you have to to stick to civilization and find ways to entertain yourself.

Can you give me some tips to have a better time there?

Mid 30's.... I'm in the same boat...age wise... but very different life situations.

I say the below with a "Life skills" orientation:

Here's what you have going for you in the US... VERY doubtful its the same in EU/Abroad as a new immigrant unless you have significant capitol.... in which case consider finding a place in the USA that is suitable... but I digress...:

1) Gun ownership and freedom of speech and the Constitution. Aside from the political element here.... Goooooood Luck learning to hunt with out a gun, or going through the process in another country.

2) land ownership: Whats 10 acres cost? 20 Acres? 100 acres? ect ect. Where do you develop community?

3) What are you actually looking to do? Raise chickens and have your own eggs? How about Goats and goat milk? How about rabbits and meat? You can do ALL of that on less than 1/2 acre. I know this for a fact.

I still posit the notion that the USA is the cheapest area/ has the most to offer for most... unless youre seriously committed to a life change... in which case finding validation on the internet is a poor substitute for traveling and making those connections before capital investment.
ute for traveling and making those connections before capital investment.

Mid 30's.... I'm in the same boat...age wise... but very different life situations.

I say the below with a "Life skills" orientation:

Here's what you have going for you in the US... VERY doubtful its the same in EU/Abroad as a new immigrant unless you have significant capitol.... in which case consider finding a place in the USA that is suitable... but I digress...:

1) Gun ownership and freedom of speech and the Constitution. Aside from the political element here.... Goooooood Luck learning to hunt with out a gun, or going through the process in another country.

2) land ownership: Whats 10 acres cost? 20 Acres? 100 acres? ect ect. Where do you develop community?

3) What are you actually looking to do? Raise chickens and have your own eggs? How about Goats and goat milk? How about rabbits and meat? You can do ALL of that on less than 1/2 acre. I know this for a fact.

I still posit the notion that the USA is the cheapest area/ has the most to offer for most... unless youre seriously committed to a life change... in which case finding validation on the internet is a poor substitute for traveling and making those connections before capital investment.
ute for traveling and making those connections before capital investment.

Gun ownership is a huge issue in most countries but the US. This is a reason why I can't really find an "ideal" country for my family. Only Austria and Czech are gun-friendly in Europe and the US don't want us as we don't want to arrive illegal as white people as you know they won't give us the leniency they give to the non whites.

If I was in the states I'd stay there and move to Idaho. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand why some people want to leave the US as that would be the place to go for me if I could.

If you were to say, volunteer, even with a protestant church or missions type organization for example, that would give you an opportunity to see the country and observe the culture without looking like a 'sexpat' or ATM to the locals. Tons of "foreigners" (as the locals call them) volunteer both short term and long term. While it may not be an ideal dynamic, it would most likely give you a much more objective picture and also allow you to interact with folks of somewhat similar beliefs.

Just from the list of places you sent, those are mostly tourist type destinations and not really a good picture of regular life, so its worth another shot IMO. Only you can know and maybe it's just not a good fit for you.
That's why its so important to get out there and experience things like you did with your trip. Not really in this thread, but on the internet there is a lot of armchair quarterbacking from guys who don't know the reality on the ground. It's great to do research and plan but at some point you just have to go and experience a place and then adjust accordingly.

I think it's already been stated but worth reiterating for all of us, so not specifically directed at you in particular.

I know some will disagree with me, and I understand, but I would say one huge tip is stay out of bars completely.

The expat drinking club cesspools are everywhere abroad. It's hard to avoid them. They really are in some sense the status quo of the typical expat.

I suggest not stepping foot in any bars, sports pubs, breweries, wine bars, clubs, etc. Do not let communing around alcohol, or sports, or satanic liturgies at clubs be how you make friends and connections. This will not bear good fruit.

If you can, I'd just totally give up drinking alcohol altogether. Unless you're capable of having "just a glass of wine with dinner" like so many like to tout, but in reality most people aren't doing that. They are getting drunk and abusing it, which is sinful.

Getting drunk on alcohol, which triggers our lusts, and then being around these types of tempting environments, it just becomes way too easy to fall into trouble. The girls that hang out at these places are barely any different than hookers, and many of them actually are just straight up hookers.

And let's say we don't partake but we just hang around and associate ourselves with those that do. How is this any better?

We should wonder why so many complain about trannies in Thailand and Philippines. The trannies are mostly concentrated around the bars, so it's obvious where these people are communing.

And again, I was one of these retards myself. I get it. I'm not on my high horse here. I just already made these mistakes and I hope people will turn away from this lifestyle. It's a dead end and a dumpster.

It's no wonder that the secret pedo spots, human traffickers, drug dealers, gangsters/criminals, con artists, fags, dumb tourists, crazy weirdo expats, etc are always amidst the bar scenes. I've seen this firsthand. They are all part of the same satanic network.

I'd get involved with a church, charity organization, nonprofit volunteer project, etc. Something like this will give you a totally different experience.

And I'd stay out of big cities as much as possible. Go rural. The smaller and more traditional the better.

I think combining these types of parameters will help diminish the negative experiences and lead you to the bees and honey, no matter where we are.

I feel it's especially important to emphasize for those of us venturing out alone in foreign lands. We become very vulnerable in this sort of way and can easily get off on the wrong foot.

Last edited:
Whoredom should not even be named once among the saints.

I just visited Phillipines on Google Street View: No European/American has any business there barring some exceptional circumstance(s).
I mentioned it to prove the point on how clowny the US is. St. John Chrysostom brought it up in terms of the society, by the way - yes he did comment on it.

I've never "understood" the Philippines, either.

Back