• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Moving Abroad Before the Collapse

If I were to live in the US over the coming decades, I would become a part of the Redoubt movement.

That was 10 years ago.... ahead of the curve. I also left the USA about 10 years ago because I saw the writing on the wall. However I didn't know the writing was going to be in all caps and bold font as quickly as it did.

I wonder if these small towns and communities in the "Redoubt movement" are able to avoid the drug crisis that seems to be crippling all of the USA especially the smaller towns. I come from a small town of 7k folks in the Appalachia Mountains and people I know and former friends are killing people and overdosing at a rate I would have NEVER imagined as a kid growing up there.

The sad thing is when it does hit the fan big daddy government can still swoop in and do whatever they want to these communities, people, and properties.

Last edited:
There can be many cons of moving away from your country of birth you leaving what you know and all the family, friends and networks you have. One thing Iv noticed is that modern transportation has really destroyed real communities, everyone is moving far away or working overseas theres not much of a solid family and community life anymore and it weakens people in may ways. If you move at least move with as many family members as possible so you have a small community you gonna need help especially if you married and have children, the place you move too should also be near an Orthodox church

I have a five-year plan to retire in Thailand. The upsides include:
  1. Low cost of living
  2. Good weather
  3. No income tax on foreign income
  4. No capital gains tax on foreign investments
  5. Feminine women
  6. Excellent and affordable health care
  7. low crime rates
  8. Friendly people
  9. No cultural enrichment
  10. Big fitness culture
  11. Prescription medications available OTC for low cost
  12. Delicious food

Is there an Orthodox church in Thailand?

I've ruled out any part of Asia due to the hive-minded factor. COVID lockdowns were just one example but the populus is easy to control and offers little to no resistance.

They are incredibly nationalistic and will quickly turn on outsiders if pressed. I don't mind nationalism but recognize over there I would always be an outsider.

You have no chance of owning a gun.

And even if you go all the way to somewhere like the Philippines you're still in the northern hemisphere, which doesn't help much if nukes fly.

And all that aside with a place like Thailand, I despise the haven it is for sex tourism, child trafficking and pedophilia.

I haven't seen many threads or thoughts on Uruguay over the years ... I do know that many people are like Americans in the sense that they are 3rd/4th generation Uruguayans (like Brazilians or Argentines) but still call themselves German, Russian, or whatever Euro ethnicity to some degree ... that strikes a cord with me, as an American.

I haven't seen many threads or thoughts on Uruguay over the years ... I do know that many people are like Americans in the sense that they are 3rd/4th generation Uruguayans (like Brazilians or Argentines) but still call themselves German, Russian, or whatever Euro ethnicity to some degree ... that strikes a cord with me, as an American.
That or Paraguay, that's where the writer of Bold and Determined moved, around the time he OD'd on redpills before returning to Christianity.

I think Andrew Henderson from Nomad Capitalist was trying to sell people on that place in the event of WWIII. He did say that Montevideo is boring and that everything is always closed. So I just question the quality of life one would have over there, especially as a single man.

I think Andrew Henderson from Nomad Capitalist was trying to sell people on that place in the event of WWIII. He did say that Montevideo is boring and that everything is always closed. So I just question the quality of life one would have over there, especially as a single man.
I lived there briefly and yes, it's boring, but it's peaceful and stable for a South American country. Doug Casey lives there, and Andrew has interviewed him a couple of times.

Last edited:
There is strong case to be made for either staying put or heading out. If your hometown has little to no opportunity for you to thrive and there's a chance for your skillset and persona somewhere else, it may be well worth it to take that chance. Of course, this has to be one of the most calculated risks of your life. It will weaken your connection with your community to an extent, but if you would have live below your means just to be close to family, and you could maybe thrive somewhere else

I've got a similar notion to leave myself. Recently, I took a trip to Taiwan, where I was hoping to teach English for a year during the upcoming US election year so I wouldn't have to be around more "fiery but mostly peaceful protests." Alas, I got the impression that I'm not quite qualified. So I guess I'll just bunker down in the red state I moved to. Time will tell if that was the right choice.

As for trying to relocate to Taiwan, there is a reality that they have some similar problems to the US. So I learned something on that trip: the modern world makes for some problems across all cultures. I still think about trying to "go international" somehow or another, but it's the kind of thing that takes some real analysis and risk taking.

I've got a similar notion to leave myself. Recently, I took a trip to Taiwan, where I was hoping to teach English for a year during the upcoming US election year so I wouldn't have to be around more "fiery but mostly peaceful protests." Alas, I got the impression that I'm not quite qualified. So I guess I'll just bunker down in the red state I moved to. Time will tell if that was the right choice.
Japan is one of the best countries to be a teacher in. Their English teachers have quite a reputation as gaijins or as leftists in general, but it's still one of the best. I considered a job like that in Portugal but a Portuguese guy I knew told me being a teacher there is horrible.

Over here in the 'zil people tend to call themselves German based on one or two German parents or grandparents. It's mostly a bit of German genes along with Portuguese ones. One of my uncles apparently has too much native genes so my father calls him a tribe leader. It's probably similar with German, Russian, etc.

There is strong case to be made for either staying put or heading out. If your hometown has little to no opportunity for you to thrive and there's a chance for your skillset and persona somewhere else, it may be well worth it to take that chance. Of course, this has to be one of the most calculated risks of your life. It will weaken your connection with your community to an extent, but if you would have live below your means just to be close to family, and you could maybe thrive somewhere else

As for trying to relocate to Taiwan, there is a reality that they have some similar problems to the US. So I learned something on that trip: the modern world makes for some problems across all cultures. I still think about trying to "go international" somehow or another, but it's the kind of thing that takes some real analysis and risk taking.
With China's growing aggression towards Taiwan, it's a good thing that you didn't settle there.

I'm glad I asked. That sounds awful. lol

I lived there briefly and yes, it's boring, but it's peaceful and stable for a South American country. Doug Casey lives there, and Andrew has interviewed him a couple of times.
Are any of the neighboring countries better? Far better? What about bringing a wife from a different country there? One further question would be how they handle the jab and other issues of medical tyranny, which seem questionable and similar to Argentina (bad).

Any of you guys have any takes on or experience with the Philippines? Problem with places like Portugal is they’re still very much in the Eurozone. Bulgaria has been mentioned and they might be better but I think being in BRIC-ish territories will be your best bet. I would stay put in America but unfortunately I don’t have much of a community or much going for me here.

Are any of the neighboring countries better? Far better? What about bringing a wife from a different country there? One further question would be how they handle the jab and other issues of medical tyranny, which seem questionable and similar to Argentina (bad).

Argentina might have a promising future if Javier Milei gets elected.

El Salvador might have potential as well.

Any of you guys have any takes on or experience with the Philippines? Problem with places like Portugal is they’re still very much in the Eurozone. Bulgaria has been mentioned and they might be better but I think being in BRIC-ish territories will be your best bet. I would stay put in America but unfortunately I don’t have much of a community or much going for me here.

I follow a couple of digital nomads who live in the Philippines, and Bonifacio Global City seems to be the place to be.

If the whole point of moving out of the West is to avoid the modern globalist liberal culture, then going to Taiwan is basically jumping from the frying pan into the boiling pot. Of all the East Asian countries, it's the one that is the most influenced by the globalist liberalism. Good example of this is how it's the only Asian country so far that has gay marriage and one of the high level cabinet member in the government is a troon (https://www.breakingasia.com/taiwan/taiwans-first-transgender-cabinet-member/). Outside of politics, lots of young people are adopting Western social norms such as getting tattoos, clubbing, and such.

A positive thing though is that despite all of this the crime rate is still pretty low and even if mass protests happen (Taiwan is the East Asian country that seems to have the highest percentage of these activist types we typically think of mostly as a Western liberal thing), they actually will be mostly peaceful.

Back