• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Millennials - The Dying Children

JR5

Other Christian
I love this 2020 post by Captain Barf:

"I am one of the oldest millennials. Something terrifying is happening to us. We are dying while we are still children. We men are going bald, and the ladies are starting to sag. We have graying hair. Our eyes crinkle when we smile. We have unsightly fat deposits that are going nowhere. Our joints pop in the morning. We get injured by turning around too fast. Our vision is fading. Our reflexes are slowing. Many of us know someone our age who has died of cancer, a heart attack, or some other old-age disease that occasionally strikes the middle-aged.

And we're still children.

The oldest of us are rapidly closing in on 40. We are the least married, least fecund generation in history. Really, only 30% of people under 40 are married! Big-brained thinkers blame economic conditions, largely because big-brained thinkers go through years of training to ensure they don't see what is right in front of their faces. We started coming of age in 2003, and economic conditions were nowhere close to as bad as the 1930s, 40s, or 70s, when people had little trouble marrying and procreating. Yet here we are, aging out of our ability to enjoy childhood, feeling death creep up on us. The video games have grown boring. The TV marathons are suffocating. The candy tastes like ashes in our mouths. We're committing suicide and consuming antidepressants at record rates. We try to accumulate even more, and it fails to make us happy. We don't know why, and we don't know how we got here.

Well, I'll tell you.

My entire life, the only message I got from school, or church, college, and the media was that every decision I made, from what degree to pursue, to where I lived, to whether to marry, was with the goal of having a maximally pleasurable life. True, as someone raised in a conservative church, I was warned against fornication and substance abuse, but these were framed in terms of interfering with the good life. In the 1990s, there was no difference between Christians and non-Christians in that general outlook. Both Christian and non-Christians were equally horrified at the notion that a bright young woman might not end up "maximizing her potential," which meant putting 40 hours a week into a cubicle. Both warned her against getting married too young, because marriage could cut short a promising career. Evangelicals, for their part, indulged in a pious fiction that the unmarried 25-year-olds in the church were all virgins, but still, everyone agreed that the proper way to treat the world is as your playground.

Any kind of social responsibility or context to our choice-making was completely absent from what our boomer elders told us. What is the social purpose of marriage? Conservative boomers couldn't say. They appealed to "tradition" without understanding why it existed, to a Biblical literalism that was as mindless as it was quaint, in a world where their own self-indulgent concept of marriage had led to record-smashing divorce rates in the 1970s and 80s, and my generation growing up with every weekend alternating between parents. The boomer had already set up the foundation of marriage as an exercise in self-indulgence; gay marriage came as the consequence. If marriage has a social purpose, to channel and direct human sexuality in a way that promotes social cohesion and provides for a man's progeny, then gay marriage is nonsense. It's an absurdity. But if it's just to "be happy with the person you love?" Then why not?

Similarly, we weren't told that the purpose of a job is to provide for your family. If that's the point of working, then any kind of moral imperative to put women in the workplace evaporates. Why would they want to be there? Find me a woman who dreams of providing a new car for her husband, or who feels any satisfaction at knowing that her money will be well-spent by her husband for the children, or who feels that the ability to take the husband and the kids to the beach for a weekend is worth that drudgery in the office. We were told work would be "fulfilling," that it would be yet another endless source of amusement for us. Turns out that work sucks. Nobody can really explain why Grandpa was willing to drive from town to town sell vacuum cleaners, because delivering the same pitch for the thousandth time isn't fulfilling at all (none of us ever thought to ask grandma whether she envied grandpa's long days on the road when she was at home with the kids). Millennials are bored and angry in the workplace. We were told fulfillment would be here. Instead, it's...work. And since we don't have families, it has no purpose.

It's sad to watch my generation collapse into nihilism and fear as our bodies begin the process of dying. The men become bugmen, living to consume, filling shelf after shelf with toys their adult brains can't find amusement in, because they know of nothing else to do. The women are in a panic, desperately trying to hold onto their evaporating youth, trying to prove to themselves that a woman can be just as sexy and alluring at 35 as she could at 23. There's a lot of rage at the Boomers, but it's aimless and uninformed. Mostly, people are mad that they "crashed the economy" or "destroyed the climate," as though the double-digit inflation and choking smog of 1978 were so much better.

No, what the Boomers did to us was what their parents did to them. They ruined us by trying to give us the life they never had. Our grandparents grew up in the Depression, and overindulged their children with toys and attention to the point the boomers failed to develop any real sense of self-awareness. And what, you may ask, did the Boomers lack? The Boomers had their idyllic teenage years cut short. WW2 & Silents still ran the world, and made our parents put on a tie, go to work, and serve The Man before they were ready to stop playing. Your average Boomer male looks back at the summer of '69 wistfully, wishing it could have gone on forever, slightly resentful that just a few years later, he was driving a shitty Toyota, getting nagged by his wife, and listening to a baby scream. The Boomer female thinks that if it wasn't for that marriage and those babies she had by the time she was 26, she would have been an editor of a fashion magazine. She never would have gotten that baby belly. She would have been young and sexy forever.

Boomers have a perpetual teenage mentality that their parents never understood, and they raised us to be the eternal teenagers they didn't get to be. When you're 17, the idea of just buying cool stuff, having consequence-free sex, and binge-consuming media for the rest of your life sounds fantastic. You do not understand that when you are 40, you will not want that any more. There are tons of guys my age and younger, who wear Star Wars T-shirts, collect Marvel Funko Pops, and have gotten vasectomies, and they have no idea why they're so miserable. There are women my age who just broke up with another live-in boyfriend of three years and have no children. So here we are, and we're falling apart. Our parents instilled in us a totalizing selfishness that they never got to indulge, assuring us that marriage and family "would just come" when "the time is right." As far as they were concerned, that's just what happens. Except it "just happened" to them because of all the social capital of previous generations that was still there for them, which they razed to the ground. Now my generation is absolutely miserable, because we're reaching that age where your brain shifts modes from "consume and copulate" to "prepare your offspring for adulthood," and we don't understand that's what is actually happening. Women of my generation have been told their entire lives that loneliness is a psychological disorder, that children are parasites, and that exhausting yourself for 40 hours a week at work is the meaning of life. It turns out that continuing to live as though you were a teenager does not in fact bequeath eternal youth. "Age is just a number" is the most insidious of all Boomer proverbs.

For my generation, there is not really a path back out. All the social institutions of this country have been detonated in the quest for money and self, or via the hysterical condemnation of every kind of organic social relation as "sexist" or "racist." In the cities, nobody knows anybody. Professional associations and social clubs are borderline nonexistent. Nobody knows or cares about anyone, and nobody knows how to start. It's so sick and twisted that my generation uses the word "community" to refer to people who buy the same consumer products, like going to see a movie means you're part of the "Star Wars community." Even churches have been consolidated into massive theme parks where anonymous masses of people go to be entertained; centuries-old congregations have shuttered as the people moved to the megaplex. Brain-dead "conservative" pundits can only worry our declining birth rate in terms of funding entitlements or GDP; hardly anyone will come right out and say a society with low fertility is fundamentally sick and disordered.

Millennials need to accept that the values inculcated in us were a load of horse crap. I don't see that happening, as we're mostly are upset that we can't live the idyllic lives of self-indulgence the Boomers promised us. Even suggesting that divorce should be harder, marriage should be younger, and women were built to be mothers, not office drones, causes the average Millennial to dissolve into hysterical outrage. We're the generation that thinks having a country is racist and the most important thing about space exploration is making sure hijab-clad Muslimas are a part of it. So we're probably not going to snap out of it. We'll be buried in Batman coffins, surrounded by our Xbox games. Maybe whoever buries us will finally discard the morality of the Boomers."

Brain-dead "conservative" pundits can only worry our declining birth rate in terms of funding entitlements or GDP; hardly anyone will come right out and say a society with low fertility is fundamentally sick and disordered.
This is a necessary topic. That is why I suggested both on RVF and here earlier, that we have a "Demographics is Destiny" thread. I wasn't referring to race; I was referring to this, above. This isn't exclusively a US problem, either. Every continent except Africa has projected demographic decline, including China.

Millennials are the most brainwashed generation in history. Boomers grew up on Talmudvision, then educated their children based on the TV. Millennials never had a chance.

That said, this author is just a crybaby or ignorant when he says there is no solution; anyone who honestly looks at history knows that Christian society is leagues superior to what we have now. The answer is staring us all in the face, but who will look?

2013-0401-crucifixion.jpg

Last edited:
History will move on from the millennials and they will be, at most, a cautionary tale that substantiates the wisdom of the ages. Already there are rumblings of dissent from Gen Z who seem to be moving in another direction.

What is described above is bad. We are creatures that respond to incentives, which are either good or bad. If things are bad it creates an incentive to find good. The misleading part is that such transitions can occur intra-generational. So, in so much that millennials are lost, other generations, such as mine, Gen X, can observe and certainly the younger ones to course correct.

The boomer era is rapidly coming to a close in more ways than one. It's not just the demographic die-off but the conditions that enabled their excess are rapidly changing too. Life for the upcoming generations will be very different. Perhaps technology keeps moving forward, but if, for example, the US and West are no longer hegemonic - that alone will make for a vastly different life and lifestyle. And a lifestyle not consistent with wanton excess.

Great stuff. There was a moment about 2-3 years ago where my college buddy/roommate who had joined the army was on leave and we were hanging out together. We were sitting on his couch watching pro-wrestling and I distinctly remember thinking about how immature the whole scene felt. Neither him or me are stereotypical basement dwelling NEETs. He has a successful military career where he kept moving up the ranks while at the time I actually owned a brick and mortar business while still having a white collar corporate career where I worked remote. Still, I felt we were both behind somehow when compared to our parents who had grown up outside of the west so didn't absorb the boomer mentality being described in the article. The article pretty much sums up a lot of the feelings I had about about a millennial and what I observe in other millennials.

Also "The boomer had already set up the foundation of marriage as an exercise in self-indulgence; gay marriage came as the consequence. If marriage has a social purpose, to channel and direct human sexuality in a way that promotes social cohesion and provides for a man's progeny, then gay marriage is nonsense. It's an absurdity. But if it's just to "be happy with the person you love?" Then why not?" is spot on when it comes to why a lot of this LGBT nonsense has flooded our culture. I've seen people trace the normalization of LGBT to pop culture changing people's minds with the show Will and Grace being seen as a starting point but it actually goes back further. Once child birth and family formation started to get detangled from marriage and no-fault divorce degraded marriage to nothing more then an agreement between two people, then there really is no basis to oppose gay marriage. The reason Hollywood garbage could even be effective in the first place with changing people's minds about the nature of amorous love and marriage is because decades ago people already had accepted the notion that doing what makes you individually happy is the most important thing world and that everything in society needs to be structured around allowing people to maximize their good feelings.

Heterosexuals that got married they want to "be with the person they love" as the basis of their marriage and who divorced 10 - 20 years later because they didn't feel the same love anymore provided all the justification the homosexuals needed for their own marriages. The modern millennial marriage with a dog instead of a kid and which started without cohabiting pretty much takes the same form as a barren homosexual marriage despite one involving two people that are of different sex.

History will move on from the millennials and they will be, at most, a cautionary tale that substantiates the wisdom of the ages. Already there are rumblings of dissent from Gen Z who seem to be moving in another direction.

What is described above is bad. We are creatures that respond to incentives, which are either good or bad. If things are bad it creates an incentive to find good. The misleading part is that such transitions can occur intra-generational. So, in so much that millennials are lost, other generations, such as mine, Gen X, can observe and certainly the younger ones to course correct.

The boomer era is rapidly coming to a close in more ways than one. It's not just the demographic die-off but the conditions that enabled their excess are rapidly changing too. Life for the upcoming generations will be very different. Perhaps technology keeps moving forward, but if, for example, the US and West are no longer hegemonic - that alone will make for a vastly different life and lifestyle. And a lifestyle not consistent with wanton excess.
However accurate this guy is, forgive me for being selfish (but this is sort of the point of this forum), the real tragedy is the collateral damage caused by the people who were the peace time births, welfare recipients, and technoslaves. I think a parallel or analogous topic within the culture, that yes also has to do with the same people, is simping. Let's face facts: with how easy life was for that long, and that includes not-so-easy but possible and definitely going to survive, you were going to get tons of people that were average at best, and tons more who are below average. Those people also aren't going to age well, one of his complaints, and one I can't identify with. No one wants to admit that they are part of percentile 40, 50, or 60 let's say - I see it all the time - but we all know what's going on. If you're an honest person, it's pretty darn objective and not controversial.

Back to the real tragedy: those who were actually raised properly, or discovered the truth, succeeded, but the next stages of life that otherwise he or she would have inherited (mostly he because "shes" should have always been prioritizing early marriage) were not there. To be honest, even if you did have kids, or have little ones right now, their future for this culture is also putrid. Want to think about a potentially sad or black pill? You'll probably live long enough to see that it's just as likely that your kids won't have kids themselves, which is just as big of a "fail" (if that's how you look at things). At this point marriage and the culture we're staring at are so bad, having kids at older ages or in other places doesn't look less ideal at all, to be honest. And we don't even know what will happen after this mass mRNA experiment. Sheesh.

I read the original post last night and it was disturbingly close to home. Although I am 'generation X', slightly older than the millenials, but still the boomers wreaked havoc on my life. Not financially but through life ideas that must have surely been inspired by some LSD fuelled haze in the 1970s. @JR5 has drawn amazing analysis of it, I can never quite work out so well what it was about the Boomers that made them so destructive.

I read the original post last night and it was disturbingly close to home. Although I am 'generation X', slightly older than the millenials, but still the boomers wreaked havoc on my life. Not financially but through life ideas that must have surely been inspired by some LSD fuelled haze in the 1970s. @JR5 has drawn amazing analysis of it, I can never quite work out so well what it was about the Boomers that made them so destructive.
Personally, believe it was the infiltration of Communists into the universities and government offices, starting in the 50s and 60s, and it totally warped the Baby Boomer generation. Soviet dissident Yuri Bezmenov told us and warned us clearly in the 1980s what was going on. No one listened, and now he is "disappeared".

Also I dare anyone to top this in terms of silliness for a coffin/funeral. Here is a couple that had an Insane Clown Posse themed funeral for their dead baby

Untitled.png
I don't know a lot about Juggalos and have no IRL experience with them, but from what I understand they do see themselves as something almost like an ethnicity and the movement (I guess that's the right word) has pseudo-religious overtones. So, as ridiculous as this funeral might look to us as outsiders, it sort of makes sense in that context.

It's very easy for an over-educated, upper-middle class white guy like me to judge the Juggalos because, to be fair, they do look pretty ridiculous. That said, my understanding from what I've heard about the ICP crowd is that it's basically a subculture for poor and lower-middle class white people, one of the few still extant where they can feel that they're among their own in a society that hates them intensely. So, it's understandable, I think.

It's sad to watch my generation collapse into nihilism and fear as our bodies begin the process of dying. The men become bugmen, living to consume, filling shelf after shelf with toys their adult brains can't find amusement in, because they know of nothing else to do.

I like nerd stuff like comic books and Star Wars. I even have a pretty large action figure collection. I know that makes me part of a minority here, which I get given that most guys who are into this stuff are, indeed, bug men. What I don't understand is why this happens. Reading about heroes like Daredevil or Batman always made me want to emulate them in the sense of training to be as much like them as possible in real life. I'm sipping my preworkout right now as I write, and I'll go hit the weights soon.

I do also have a wife and children and the comics I like are almost all from before 1990, before the heroes became nonbinary communists and such. And of course, my wife and children are my purpose, whereas the toys and comics are just a hobby, and there's no question as to which is more important. Maybe that's it.

@JR5 that is truly well written.. I'm still thinking about it.

Have you readers found that boomers were particularly forcefull about pushing their wrong life philosophies on you? I'm not sure if that is universal or more just my experience.
"I am one of the oldest millennials. Something terrifying is happening to us. We are dying while we are still children. We men are going bald, and the ladies are starting to sag. We have graying hair. Our eyes crinkle when we smile. We have unsightly fat deposits that are going nowhere. Our joints pop in the morning. We get injured by turning around too fast. Our vision is fading. Our reflexes are slowing. Many of us know someone our age who has died of cancer, a heart attack, or some other old-age disease that occasionally strikes the middle-aged.

And we're still children.

The oldest of us are rapidly closing in on 40. We are the least married, least fecund generation in history. Really, only 30% of people under 40 are married! Big-brained thinkers blame economic conditions, largely because big-brained thinkers go through years of training to ensure they don't see what is right in front of their faces. We started coming of age in 2003, and economic conditions were nowhere close to as bad as the 1930s, 40s, or 70s, when people had little trouble marrying and procreating. Yet here we are, aging out of our ability to enjoy childhood, feeling death creep up on us.
It's not "economic conditions" it's the mindset which is left after the brainwashing.

I have had an awakening and know I am not hardest hit by all this mess, but none the less I have taken a nasty hit from it.

If you have such an awakening it becomes a case of making the best of a bad situation or salvaging what is left.

You can't really afford to be negative and think more than occasionally about what might have been if only..

This kind of discussion gives me the mental imagery of a bus leaving the road and rolling several times down a mountain before coming to rest.
There are women my age who just broke up with another live-in boyfriend of three years and have no children. So here we are, and we're falling apart. Our parents instilled in us a totalizing selfishness that they never got to indulge, assuring us that marriage and family "would just come" when "the time is right." As far as they were concerned, that's just what happens. Except it "just happened" to them because of all the social capital of previous generations that was still there for them, which they razed to the ground. Now my generation is absolutely miserable, because we're reaching that age where your brain shifts modes from "consume and copulate" to "prepare your offspring for adulthood," and we don't understand that's what is actually happening. Women of my generation have been told their entire lives that loneliness is a psychological disorder, that children are parasites, and that exhausting yourself for 40 hours a week at work is the meaning of life. It turns out that continuing to live as though you were a teenager does not in fact bequeath eternal youth. "Age is just a number" is the most insidious of all Boomer proverbs.
It is truly a disaster. There are probably more serious train-wrecks and bus-wrecks of people's lives among those not on this forum, but I have "taken a hit" even if not a devastating one, and probably many of the other members have as well, not sure if you would describe it in those words.

Yes, in your 40s, being a parent of a boisterous 3 year old rather than preparing your children to leave home. It's still fulfilling but there is something a bit topsy-turvy about it. Not necessarily completely in tune with what one's natural life rhythms were supposed to be.

Yes, in your 40s, being a parent of a boisterous 3 year old rather than preparing your children to leave home. It's still fulfilling but there is something a bit topsy-turvy about it. Not necessarily completely in tune with what one's natural life rhythms were supposed to be.
What people don't want to talk about is also how when you get older, if you have anything (I get it if you don't, then yes your options are limited) it almost requires you to get a young women: for fertility, for energy, for all of the above. Who cares about topsy-turvy. The setup for many people's lives entirely was topsy turvy at best, or dead on arrival. And to be honest it couldn't really have been any other way, though it seems so. We'd just be complaining about how poor we were, or how we needed to go to another country (like what the US used to be) ... ironic isn't it?

I'm one of the lucky few that doesn't really have to worry about finances as much as others, and also have knowledge in how to prepare or beat the debasement moving forward. But do you know what that also does? It can cause greater frustration because you are very aware of how successful you already are, and how prepared you are, but you realize that you'll get no such recognition or validation from anyone in our country, and it's absurd. At least to the degree that you find suitable (which is always debatable, I agree). The point is, and this will be very black pill for people around here, but it's true so I'll say it, or something like it again: You think you have it bad? I know people who have better families, are taller, better looking, have more money, etc as you and they're still in a similar boat given all things. Sometimes you're better off not knowing how absurd this whole thing has gotten.

The reason I don't get down about very much of this is that I know this isn't all there is, and that there's also still plenty of time to gain, prepare, and seek elsewhere. Now, you must be honest about your qualities that are objective, not what you think they are (subjective). Then act accordingly. But know that slings and barbs are likely going to be coming, and maybe even faster, in the next 3 years.

Back