• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Lifter's Lounge

Not sure if this topic has been covered yet, but I couldn't find anything in search.

This topic of gym-thots is getting really bad, and I actually cancelled my gym membership as a result of it.
We need to bring back old-school men-only gyms. The old sweaty grungy places like in the past. No girls allowed.
Even though almost all gym chains now have women-only sections, I only ever see Muslim women using them. Most women hang around the machines and flirt in the free-weight section. They occupy machines and sit there chatting on their phones, taking selfies of their bums, and blocking others from using the equipment. I now just do lighter weights and calisthenics at home, and maybe it's for the best.

Literally why I stopped going to a public gym and bought my own equipment. It was just too much with the tights and the clothes I was getting seriously distracted...

If I was single and all my buddies were dudes I met at the gym...maybe that would be one thing...but even then...the distraction is just too much.
This is why I do not wish to ever have a gym membership again. I'd rather work out in a men's only gym where I'm the only White guy, than a White gender integrated gym.

Right now I'm very thankful to go to my apartment's poorly equipped gym very early in the morning, been doing that for a few months and have never seen a woman in the weights section*. It's much better than when I went to an LA Fitness. One day I'd like a home gym, which is basically what this apartment gym is.

*Minus the stereotypical Latina janitor

With a power bar, a nice rack with pins, horse stall mats, an adjustable bench, and plates you can do everything you need.
Add a sled. And some dumbbells too, and you're set. Can also add the spud cable attachments for pulleys to do upper and lower angled cable work.

Whole home set up above can be had for 2k with quality equipment.

I'm my 1 car apt garage I got a setup During COVID.

Now that I've got a house with 2 car garage I added a westside bench, a reverse hyper. Tons more weights, specialty bars, attachments ECT and about 10k in net net.

It's so much better, no waiting for equipment, no idiots in my way trying to film their 135 lb bench press or 25lb curl set, and no dumb thots flashing their vag while doing hip thrusts in the squat rack.

Plus my old lady and I can work out, unencumbered with out me being on edge as people might be oogling her, and her getting upset for with me if my eyes wonder.... So it keeps everyone out of trouble.

A legit powerlifting gym is great, but most people aren't very serious about it, so you spend a lot of cash when you could have the equipment in your own home.

Do calisthenics. It's a lot more technical than weight lifting but train for front lever & planche & you'll hit much more than you would with machines/bars/etc & then some. Most of the moves have a direct translation to weight lifting also.

Calisthenics you can just buy rings/parelletes/etc & work out at home or go to a bar park. Even in big globohomo cities bar parks are a much better atmosphere than commercial gyms. Women at barparks are rare.

Do calisthenics. It's a lot more technical than weight lifting but train for front lever & planche & you'll hit much more than you would with machines/bars/etc & then some. Most of the moves have a direct translation to weight lifting also.

Calisthenics you can just buy rings/parelletes/etc & work out at home or go to a bar park. Even in big globohomo cities bar parks are a much better atmosphere than commercial gyms. Women at barparks are rare.
Except that's not in line with the goal of lifting.

Calesthenics are great for GPP (general physical Preparedness) but don't build muscle in an appreciable way.

Pullups and dips on bars are good... But no substitute for pig iron.

Not sure if this topic has been covered yet, but I couldn't find anything in search.

This topic of gym-thots is getting really bad, and I actually cancelled my gym membership as a result of it.
We need to bring back old-school men-only gyms. The old sweaty grungy places like in the past. No girls allowed.
Even though almost all gym chains now have women-only sections, I only ever see Muslim women using them. Most women hang around the machines and flirt in the free-weight section. They occupy machines and sit there chatting on their phones, taking selfies of their bums, and blocking others from using the equipment. I now just do lighter weights and calisthenics at home, and maybe it's for the best.

I haven't been to a commercial gym since 2020 when the government shut down gyms to try and kill us all. The attention whoring was already bad enough back then, but I can only assume it's only worse now. I have a home gym in my basement, which is absolute bliss. By and large, commercial gyms are gigantic scams.

Except that's not in line with the goal of lifting.

Calesthenics are great for GPP (general physical Preparedness) but don't build muscle in an appreciable way.

Pullups and dips on bars are good... But no substitute for pig iron.
I haven't touched weights in 10+ years, but I can planche & it's said if you can planche you can bench 2x your bodyweight. It's likely that I'm a lot stronger than an equivalent lifter of my weight. I do train weighted pullups, I can front lever & can confirm a front lever translates to bodyweight + 65% on weighted pullups. Not sure what my weighted dips are, but a lot. Not sure what the equivalent overhead press is for a freestanding handstand pushup, but again, a lot, probably at least 60-70% of your bodyweight.

Especially the straight arm ring movements are going to have wicked direct translation to weights. If you have the genetics to go beyond street workiout & hit real deal gymnast moves like maltese, victorian, iron cross, etc your natural biceps will probably be much bigger than a weightlifter, as gymnasts are famous for their biceps & calistenics is poor man's gymnastics.

And abs? How do you even work out the entire range of ab/lower back muscles without bodyweight movements? IME - 6 packs aren't "made in the kitchen", you chisel that through years of dragon flags, levers, etc & these movements aren't possible with only machines/weights.

The downside to this is calistenics progress is much, much slower than just lifting weights.

One of the biggest benefits of calistenics is the community, even in globohomo NYC or Miami your barparks there are filled with regular street guys. The culture is completely different than that of commercial gyms.

I haven't touched weights in 10+ years, but I can planche & it's said if you can planche you can bench 2x your bodyweight. It's likely that I'm a lot stronger than an equivalent lifter of my weight. I do train weighted pullups, I can front lever & can confirm a front lever translates to bodyweight + 65% on weighted pullups. Not sure what my weighted dips are, but a lot. Not sure what the equivalent overhead press is for a freestanding handstand pushup, but again, a lot, probably at least 60-70% of your bodyweight.

Especially the straight arm ring movements are going to have wicked direct translation to weights. If you have the genetics to go beyond street workiout & hit real deal gymnast moves like maltese, victorian, iron cross, etc your natural biceps will probably be much bigger than a weightlifter, as gymnasts are famous for their biceps & calistenics is poor man's gymnastics.

And abs? How do you even work out the entire range of ab/lower back muscles without bodyweight movements? IME - 6 packs aren't "made in the kitchen", you chisel that through years of dragon flags, levers, etc & these movements aren't possible with only machines/weights.

The downside to this is calistenics progress is much, much slower than just lifting weights.

One of the biggest benefits of calistenics is the community, even in globohomo NYC or Miami your barparks there are filled with regular street guys. The culture is completely different than that of commercial gyms.
I've created a new thread for Calisthenics. By the sound of you, some of you are pros in this arena, whereas I am a noobie. A lot of terms you used here I am not familiar with. If you have time, can you share info on what they are over on that thread?

@It_Is_My_Time?

Do any of you stretch? I'm way too lazy or bored with doing that. I fast and then go for jogs but I can't even hack the long runs anymore, they are so boring.
No. Static stretching conclusively reduces strength by a good amount and there's no real evidence it prevents injury. All you need is warmup sets before your working ones, and then with the working ones, make sure to do mostly full range of motion which helps with mobility.

I'm far from an expert on this stuff but Starting Strength (which I've been listening to based off @Get2choppaaa's recommendation) and Athlean-X have good stuff on this. A lot of the “fitness” industry is just nonsense and unsubstantiated claims.

Do any of you stretch? I'm way too lazy or bored with doing that. I fast and then go for jogs but I can't even hack the long runs anymore, they are so boring.
I do mostly plyometrics and dynamic stretching, but I do some static stretching when I am finished working out, before I cool down, if I have time.

Plyometrics and dynamic stretching is way more beneficial, but if you have time, holding a few static stretches is a good thing.

I do some calisthenics. I think they are probably the best overall longevity way to workout, if you are built for them. Since I am tall and lanky, I don't get as much good out of them as I do with plyometrics and explosive type lifts.

A co-worker of mine at my weekend job does athletic training. He showed me a video of a workout he was putting one of his clients through, which was a mix of two leg and one leg plyometrics. He was able to use slow motion and pause the video. He is 6'1" and has a 41" vertical leap, so he is super athletic. But the flexibility he had in his ankles and knees is where the real power comes in. Both in real world strength (being able to run and jump and push and shove) but also in longevity (life long ability to move and run) and in resistance to injury. Most guys would roll and ankle or even tear their ankle with the angle his joints can reach while working out. That is my real big focus is things like that. You are going to have genetic limitations on how much you can lift and then as you age, you risk more injury trying to stay there. But when focused on joint flexibility and strength, you have the mobility to move like a young guy at an old age, and the wisdom and strength (weight training, learning your body) to have "old man strength".

Christian McCaffrey training is the type of training I am interested in.

Last edited:
No. Static stretching conclusively reduces strength by a good amount and there's no real evidence it prevents injury. All you need is warmup sets before your working ones, and then with the working ones, make sure to do mostly full range of motion which helps with mobility.

I'm far from an expert on this stuff but Starting Strength (which I've been listening to based off @Get2choppaaa's recommendation) and Athlean-X have good stuff on this. A lot of the “fitness” industry is just nonsense and unsubstantiated claims.
Be careful with Athlean X, in the calisthenics community he's very looked down upon. He did a tutorial video on "how to do a front lever" & the guy can't even front lever & tries to do trick camera shots to look otherwise. He got called out & went silent. It's the only video of his I've ever watched, but it's probable he's lying about a lot of other stuff too & my general impression is he's not as strong as he looks & uses a lot of lighting camera stuff for show.

Stretching is very useful for general atheltics. I've done streteching classes with a wide variety of athletes learning the pancake stretch, which has applications for everything from high kicks in MMA to various hand balancing presses, acrobatics, etc. Not to mention it's scientifically proven that it literally makes you taller, although not by much. If you can achieve a pancake that's going to help you with many facets of general living.

I've created a new thread for Calisthenics. By the sound of you, some of you are pros in this arena, whereas I am a noobie. A lot of terms you used here I am not familiar with. If you have time, can you share info on what they are over on that thread?
Sure, will do it another day but if you want to start ASAP, go on reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness & search for the recomended routine (RR they call it) which is where any beginner starts. You have to master pushups/pullups/dip then move on. Master that then start watching youtube vids for basic moves like muscle up, hand stands, L sits, etc. Sondre Berg, Andriy Strong, Artem Morozov, Osvaldo Lugones, Simonster, FitnessFaq, Dominik Sky are all widely recognized as legit athletes who don't touch dope & teach natural ways to achieve with great tutorial videos/youtube channels. Truth is Chris Heria has excellent tutorial videos too but wouldn't recomend him for a Christian. Good luck.

Here's a link to RR: https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine/

Last edited:
It's the only video of his I've ever watched, but it's probable he's lying about a lot of other stuff too & my general impression is he's not as strong as he looks & uses a lot of lighting camera stuff for show.
I actually like the guy, but he's a classic example of someone who knows what he is talking about, but claims to be totally natty, and it's just pure BS. Blade's rule is that anything produced for media consumption where sales, emotions or appearance matter is borderline, or fully, fake.

I actually like the guy, but he's a classic example of someone who knows what he is talking about, but claims to be totally natty, and it's just pure BS. Blade's rule is that anything produced for media consumption where sales, emotions or appearance matter is borderline, or fully, fake.
No idea why he couldn't be natural. He's a super clean eater ... But it's really irrelevant whether or not they are natty or not.

Most people on gear don't get that shredded year round.

Also as far as static stretching... No. I do not do it. Lifting weights through a complete range of motion and occasionally Active release therapy or Myofascial release if I'm limited or have impingement.

No idea why he couldn't be natural. He's a super clean eater ... But it's really irrelevant whether or not they are natty or not.

Most people on gear don't get that shredded year round.

Also as far as static stretching... No. I do not do it. Lifting weights through a complete range of motion and occasionally Active release therapy or Myofascial release if I'm limited or have impingement.
I was actually surprised at how much sugar he ate. Fruits and berries and yogurt, he gets a lot of sugar in his diet to have that low of body fat. If I ate like that, I would balloon up. Could be he just has super good genetics, or he could be on gear, or it might be both. TBH, looking at top level athletes, and then seeing his body, I am guessing it is a mix of great genetics and gear.

This is the video I'm speaking of. For calisthenics the guy is bogus. Maybe his other info is legit. Look @ 3:26, He's grimacing in pain in basic progressions & hides his face through the vid. He's probably natty if that puts him in pain. There's the school of thought that the football coach doesn't need to know how to play football to be a good coach, and yes many atheletes aren't the sharpest folks who can verbalize their thoughts to teach & are pretty much just born being able to do this stuff, but I personally never hire trainers w/out competetive experience.

You can build elite levels of upper body strength with gymnastics style front lever, planche, manna, etc. There are crossfit guys who have accidentally 3 plates or more on the bench by doing ring dips. If you can do full range handstand pushups on the rings for reps, you are not weak.

Lower body strength though, no, the iron wins that one. Trained elite level gymnasts can actually deadlift in some cases triple bodyweight, but they can't squat near that number. Extra leg mass is detrimental to ring moves.

In my mind, when I hear calisthenics I hear street workout, as in endless dips chins and pullups with a vomit inducing level of volume for the uninitiated trainee. Nothing wrong with that style of training, K Boges on youtube has some serious definition and athleticism with his simple diet of bodyweight squats, pushups, and pullups, but you will not be THE BIGGEST you possibly can be without picking heavy things up off the floor or squatting heavy weights. Not everyone wants that kind of size and there is definitely a feeling of freedom from using your environment (the ground, bars at the park etc) to get jacked. My favorite part about lifting is that there are a thousand different ways to do it and with enough effort, they all work.

Did you achieve a full planche with the recommended routine or did you use other methods, like Coach Sommers's material or Steven Low? If you go on the gymnastic bodies forums, they make it sound impossible to get to full planche without Coach Sommers methods.

Kind of a ramble, I have a theory that there is a hard cap to the amount of muscle a natural trainee can carry, and if he does for example gymnastics, his upper body will be bigger than if he did an all around weightlifting routine due to less emphasis on leg development.

I don't have the means to do a large scale case study, but my old highschool buddy for example got 19 inch arms and an absolutely massive upper body purely from bodybuilder style calisthenics. His legs by comparison look and are fairly average. I wouldn't be surprised if he could bench more than he could squat.

I did calisthenics focused workouts (with some dumbell work mixed in for stuff like side delts and biceps) for 3-4 years and made great progress, but really after 1 and definitely 2 years I should have shifted into weight training in the gym. My goal from the beginning was adding as much lean mass and strength as I could naturally. For the past 5 years I have been in the gym following a more traditional bodybuilding/weight lifting path and that took me to another level. Ultimately I gained around 10-15 lbs of muscle during the calisthenics years and another 20-25 lbs of muscle in the first 3 years of gym training.

Even now that I focus on weight training I still always mix in calisthenics. I'll do 3-4 sets of dips to finish out triceps, pull ups to start on back day, decline push ups to finish off chest day. I think they are super beneficial mostly in the area of developing and maintaining functional strength. Calisthenics are awesome and I would encourage anyone interested in getting into fitness to start there. But I will say after a certain point it becomes much more practical and straightforward to add size and strength in the gym.

I'm at a point now where my goals are changing, so I'm trying to workout more like an athlete and less like a meat head. Lots of focus on cardiovascular health and improving my endurance after years of neglecting those areas. I want to run a 25k, do a lot of trail running and climb a few 3000/4000 meter peaks this year. So the focus is really shifting slightly away from weight training/body building and more towards a running program, swimming, stairmaster workouts, functional lower body training, stretching (another area I've neglected over the years).

I think he's natty. But I don't think he looks healthy. I'm pretty sure being at that low of a body fat percentage is detrimental. I don't know the science but it's just a gut feeling.

I should have clarified. Athlean-X is not the place to go to for supplements, or hypertrophy, but everything I've seen in terms of mobility and safe lifting practices have been good in my experience. I have a bad shoulder and have implemented some of his advice and it's helped so far. The reason I'm lifting now as opposed to calisthenics is because of that bad shoulder - got another labrum tear in June of last year doing pullups.
Ultimately I gained around 10-15 lbs of muscle during the calisthenics years and another 20-25 lbs of muscle in the first 3 years of gym training.
I track my workouts, when I get some time I'll have to share my progress in the form of graphs. It's mindblowing how fast I'm getting stronger with just newbie gains and diet. I'm not even using creatine. Granted this was coming off of an injury but in October I could only curl 6 lbs, now I curl 35s, I could only DB press with 10s, now I've outgrown the dumbbell set which goes up to 45 and have had to switch to cable crossovers where I'm doing 220 lbs. My triceps push downs went from 110 to 170. My leg press weight hasn't changed much but I'm going much deeper. That's less than 4 months of progress. It's made my everyday life so much easier. If my son used to feel like he weighed 30lbs, now he feels maybe 2/3rds of that.

I think he's natty. But I don't think he looks healthy. I'm pretty sure being at that low of a body fat percentage is detrimental. I don't know the science but it's just a gut feeling.
I've never liked Athlean-X's style, the yelling, the self-promoting, the brash attitude. He just looks OLD for his age, and he looks angry all the time. Something is clearly wrong there.

In looking around for calisthenics videos, I found this guy. His body looks like a gymnast's body, and his manner of speech is calm and relaxing, and he seems to be well-informed.

Back