Grocery Stores are becoming unbearable

Agree that Walmart shopping in the store is pretty dismal with the long slow lines at checkout, but Costco shopping experience is by far the worst. Is there ever “off hours”? I’ve been going all kinds of random times during the weekdays, weekends etc. and that parking lot is always 90% full every time and day.

Another sign of the US becoming less civilized is restrooms are locked or not available for customers at many stores now. Went to a Safeway in a different part of town the other day, and had to use the men's room. I asked one of the employees collecting carts where the restroom was and he told me to use the employee restroom up the stairs because the other restroom is locked and it's too much trouble to unlock it. So I did, and then continued my shopping.

About 10 minutes later, the store security guard, this short chubby Mexican guy came up and started interrogating me about why I went into that area of the store, lecturing me about how I'm not allowed back there and making a huge deal about it. He stood there going on and on for several minutes, even after I told him what happened. He finally left and I went about my business.

I finished shopping and went to checkout, of course no human cashiers, only the robot stations, and the same guy stood behind me looking over my shoulder the whole time watching me scan my groceries.

My patience had run out with the guy at that point. After I paid, I said to him "Take it easy there, Robocop.", and the guy immediately flew into a tantrum, started yelling insults and whatnot. I just walked out with my groceries. As I'm loading up my car I still hear him yelling from across the parking lot.

Something happened in 2020 with retail employees. Many of them stopped trying to be helpful and polite, and started being adversarial. They can't lord over people with the mask stuff anymore, but the same attitude remains. It makes what should be a simple task like buying groceries into a bizarre and unpleasant experience.

Another sign of the US becoming less civilized is restrooms are locked or not available for customers at many stores now. Went to a Safeway in a different part of town the other day, and had to use the men's room. I asked one of the employees collecting carts where the restroom was and he told me to use the employee restroom up the stairs because the other restroom is locked and it's too much trouble to unlock it. So I did, and then continued my shopping.

About 10 minutes later, the store security guard, this short chubby Mexican guy came up and started interrogating me about why I went into that area of the store, lecturing me about how I'm not allowed back there and making a huge deal about it. He stood there going on and on for several minutes, even after I told him what happened. He finally left and I went about my business.

I finished shopping and went to checkout, of course no human cashiers, only the robot stations, and the same guy stood behind me looking over my shoulder the whole time watching me scan my groceries.

My patience had run out with the guy at that point. After I paid, I said to him "Take it easy there, Robocop.", and the guy immediately flew into a tantrum, started yelling insults and whatnot. I just walked out with my groceries. As I'm loading up my car I still hear him yelling from across the parking lot.

Something happened in 2020 with retail employees. Many of them stopped trying to be helpful and polite, and started being adversarial. They can't lord over people with the mask stuff anymore, but the same attitude remains. It makes what should be a simple task like buying groceries into a bizarre and unpleasant experience.
I'm issuing you a warning for blackpilling. Please don't report facts on the ground.

We recently went in on a cow and a hog with some family members straight from the farmer. I ran the price per pound numbers and it's far cheaper on the beef compared to the grocery store and we roughly broke even on the hog. Beef quality is significantly superior to grocery store meat, the pork is about on par. Definitely worth doing if you've got a big standalone freezer in the garage. We won't need to buy meat for a year.

We recently went in on a cow and a hog with some family members straight from the farmer. I ran the price per pound numbers and it's far cheaper on the beef compared to the grocery store and we roughly broke even on the hog. Beef quality is significantly superior to grocery store meat, the pork is about on par. Definitely worth doing if you've got a big standalone freezer in the garage. We won't need to buy meat for a year.
Who butchered the animals for you? The farmer? Or yourself? or you paid a butcher to do it?

Shopped at a Kroger in another "interesting" part of town and it was quite an experience.

The normal entrance had been barricaded with what looked like riot control metal barriers, and everyone entering the store had to enter through the exit door, filtering past all of the people who are just leaving, down this narrow corridor of self checkout machines and not one, but three different armed security guards.

Some of you in nicer areas probably don't get to see things like this, but it was like something you'd see in Deus Ex or some type of sci-fi dystopian future flick.

I expect to see the guards wearing powered exo-armor suits soon or maybe flying drone security bots with turret machine guns.

Last edited:
*ahem* restaurant owners

It never fails to astonish me how incompetent people can be. I mean, isn't it common sense that money talks? The more you pay your workers, the more you can expect from them. Even for me, if I hire people on Upwork I tend to pay much, much more than others, and I expect quality work because of it.
What ticks me off are these overseas workers who charge nearly as much as Americans and still somehow get jobs on there.

Who are the idiots paying these towel-heads $50/hour for web dev work when their minimum wage is $2 - $6/day??

Grocery stores had been unbearable since the second half of 2010s.
Though some had noticed this back in the 80s already (I remember 80s music video about barcodes on food packaging that gets scanned being the sign of slavery to dark forces)

My friend, the system is collapsing worldwide. In fact, it had already partially collapsed. You can't hope it gets fixed, because every part of it, for example grocery stores, is a representation of very dark powerful corporotocracy that runs the planet. So everyone is on their own out there. What's around is just a shell of former life. May be a grocery store isn't a place to get food from anymore. Stores used to stock only flour, sugar and bacon just 100 years ago... just saying. The rest were self-procured. One can get basic ingredients online these days. In 10 years, may be it won't be possible to even enter a grocer store without some special permit.

The 'security' guards employed by Securitas and other similar companies at events and supermarkets are hilarious. They walk about pretending to have power or the ability to do anything.

This was brought home to me pretty clearly at the hockey last autumn when the opposition team invaded about 50 seats in the home section. The 'security' stood about doing nothing whilst actual fights broke out. Then the real police turned up and they left.

Ignore the rent a cops and go about your day

Back