Forum Lounge

I tried to make the post below, and it was rejected as spam! First of all, I'm very curious about the new member's symbol for a name. Secondly, I'm curious what it was in the post that tripped the spam filter?

1706133814094.webp

The front desk lady in a team jersey says on the phone to her kids: "Ok, I'm glad we won but you guys need to go to bed now."

Thus ends my annual personal challenge to be the last man in America to know who won the SB. Worst showing ever (5 or 6 years now for my little game). Unacceptable. Should've just skipped going out for dinner. Rookie mistake. Next year I'm locking myself in a cave with only CIK for a week.

So....

It's kind of funny but... I put "Hindu" on my religion tag to be transparent, not to cause issues.

But, there are some insecure people on here that will comment on that tag instead of my comment on the at hand, as if my religious inclination offends them.

Ironically it was never an issue with forum 1.0, but suddenly an issue now.

I actually respect the Christian religion, and respect those who actually abide by it by treating others with respect. Ironically, some people don't get that.

Either way, I'll respect others without selling out my own identity to the weak mentalities of frail people.

Figured I'd let that out at some point and this seemed to be the appropriate venue.

😉

So....

It's kind of funny but... I put "Hindu" on my religion tag to be transparent, not to cause issues.

But, there are some insecure people on here that will comment on that tag instead of my comment on the at hand, as if my religious inclination offends them.

Ironically it was never an issue with forum 1.0, but suddenly an issue now.

I actually respect the Christian religion, and respect those who actually abide by it by treating others with respect. Ironically, some people don't get that.

Either way, I'll respect others without selling out my own identity to the weak mentalities of frail people.

Figured I'd let that out at some point and this seemed to be the appropriate venue.

😉

In the spirit of Christianity you are welcome here in my mind brother, don't let any jackass tell you differently. We're not Muslims and Jews, we don't think we're better than you just because you're not of the same beliefs.

Last edited:
I couldn't find a good thread to put this in, but it didn't seem worth a thread of it's own.

Thieves pulled off a $30m heist on Sunday. It sounds like an elaborate scheme, like Ocean's Eleven or other movies of that genre. The article mentions a heist in 2022 when an armored truck was robbed of a bunch of bags full of vintage jewelry and gems. This was rated as being $100m, and there have been no arrests yet!

It's amazing these kind of heists are happening in real life. I suppose there is a history of them, but usually they are foiled, or if they get away initially they are caught after an investigation.

I couldn't find a good thread to put this in, but it didn't seem worth a thread of it's own.

Thieves pulled off a $30m heist on Sunday. It sounds like an elaborate scheme, like Ocean's Eleven or other movies of that genre. The article mentions a heist in 2022 when an armored truck was robbed of a bunch of bags full of vintage jewelry and gems. This was rated as being $100m, and there have been no arrests yet!

It's amazing these kind of heists are happening in real life. I suppose there is a history of them, but usually they are foiled, or if they get away initially they are caught after an investigation.

Read the article and watch the vid, looks like the 100m jewelry one was from a regular tractor trailer. Figured it would at least be an armored car type rig but nope! Peak clown world...

Next article that came up was about the aid workers killed in Gaza. Showed a map of where their vehicles were, pretty damning evidence IMO. They were spread out over quite a distance and it looks like deliberately targeted in order to get all 3.

On different but somewhat related note, sometimes the news just reports the facts but I honestly rarely bother to read anymore because of having to wade through all of the clickbait articles and straight up nonsense. However, these two articles were pretty fact of the matter and non-biased. I guess even a blind sow gets an acorn every now and then!

Curious to know your thoughts on this.

I know we have our various differences on this forum but on the whole, we broadly think the same thing about the majority of stuff.

What proportion of all men do you think there are that think like us?

1%, 5%, 10%?

Back