• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Electric Vehicles Thread (Bikes, Cars, Trucks, etc.)

I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, but I have seen clips/videos about people measuring the unhealthy levels of electromagnetic radiation inside an operating Tesla. Measured at being equivalent to standing 1 or 2' in front of a running microwave, except for long periods of time.

Has anyone heard or seen information to that effect?
I remember this video from a health Youtuber I follow.

Tesla quality control has been atrocious ever since legacy manufacturer veterans left the organization ~10 years ago. Once actual automakers started fielding products, Tesla didn't stand a chance. Compare Cadillac's Lyriq to a Model X/Y. No comparison.

Tesla earned money by selling CAFE credits to other OEMs with inefficient fleets, notably Chrysler who had the most painfully-low corporate fuel economy average for years and years.

tsla.png

• Tesla's valuation is far too high, according to short-seller Per Lekander.
  • Lekander predicted the EV maker's stock would plunge to $15 a share, implying a 91% decline.
  • Tesla stock represents one of the greatest bubbles in history, he said.
Tesla stock is wildly overpriced and could soon face an extreme correction, according to short-seller Per Lekander.

"In my view, Tesla is the biggest stock market bubble in world history," The Clean Energy Transition CEO said in an interview with Yahoo Finance last week. "The models are aged, and valuation is absolutely insane. Earnings are falling off a cliff," he added, estimating Tesla's earnings could fall as much as 50% this year.

Lekander, who has been shorting Tesla stock since 2020, echoed other Tesla bears, who have criticized the stock's lofty valuation and predicted a coming correction. The company's sales were far below expectations last quarter, indicating that the carmaker is struggling with anemic demand and rising competition in the electric vehicle space.

"There is a chance the company will be loss-making," he said.

If the company reports losses for two quarters in a row, the stock could easily see losses in the double-digits, Lekander predicted.

"Once it goes down, it's going to go down more … I think we are very, very close to the turning point, because so far it's been a slippery slope," he said.

They've laid off 6,000 employees this year. A couple months ago, they said the plan was to lay off 14,000 employees before the end of the year. The Cybertruck launch has been a complete disaster in every way possible. The production numbers are very low, which may be on purpose to keep demand high while the overall EV demand among consumers continues to drop. Either that or they're having manufacturing difficulties, which isn't great news either.

People are finally catching on, I've been shouting this from the rooftops for years now. They have never made money in the traditional way that an auto manufacturer makes money: by selling cars. EVs are very expensive to make. Tesla makes money in other non conventional ways, as one other poster mentioned, selling carbon credits (something that shouldn't even exist), and by promises that never get kept. It's always "deadlines pushed back for XYZ product/feature", and then quietly cancel it altogether.

I know some people here like Elon, but he's a pump and dump master. People should have been raising their eyebrows when he sold off his Tesla stock to buy Twitter. That should have been the first warning. Of course he knew where things were headed.

Last edited:
tsla.png

They've laid off 6,000 employees this year. A couple months ago, they said the plan was to lay off 14,000 employees before the end of the year. The Cybertruck launch has been a complete disaster in every way possible. The production numbers are very low, which may be on purpose to keep demand high while the overall EV demand among consumers continues to drop. Either that or they're having manufacturing difficulties, which isn't great news either.

People are finally catching on, I've been shouting this from the rooftops for years now. They have never made money in the traditional way that an auto manufacturer makes money: by selling cars. EVs are very expensive to make. Tesla makes money in other non conventional ways, as one other poster mentioned, selling carbon credits (something that shouldn't even exist), and by promises that never get kept. It's always "deadlines pushed back for XYZ product/feature", and then quietly cancel it altogether.

I know some people here like Elon, but he's a pump and dump master. People should have been raising their eyebrows when he sold off his Tesla stock to buy Twitter. That should have been the first warning. Of course he knew where things were headed.
Totally agree with you but I know people have been saying short tesla for years. The thing is that the stock market doesn't reflect reality. It's just a huge roulette wheel for banks and traders to play with all the printed money.

You can short tesla all you want but the stock market keeps going up. You'll probably win at some point but you have to get your timing right and can you out wait the printing machine?

I'm sceptical of shorts in general, they're more suitable for big-time investors. You're better of owning a few blue-chip stocks very long-term in huge corporations that pay dividends and that can adjust to market/world trends and events. (like big-energy companies for example) And also living in a low tax and stable country (like Switzerland) helps a lot. Tesla will continue to earn money for investors I wager. Remember that they have more things going than EV. AI, Optimus droids etc. I think it would be foolish to bet against that.

tsla.png

All true and yet... never bet against Elon.

All true and yet... never bet against Elon.
Do you think Elon has deeply rooted M.I.C. connections? In other words, is he essentially acting as the frontman for some powerful but shadowy group who isn't totally aligned with the clownworld/globohomo agenda? Or is he literally just what he appears to be: an eccentric but highly successful tech entrepreneur?

I go back and forth on this question, but I've always found it totally inexplicable that this guy, who is allegedly running several huge businesses, spends a large portion of his time tweeting, chasing skirt and streaming himself playing video games. I mean, Elon appears to have more free time on his hands than your average 9-to-5 wage slave, but I'm supposed to believe he's running Twitter, Tesla and Space-X while also raising twelve children? And when you listen to him talk, frankly, the guy just doesn't come across as very intelligent. He sounds like a reasonably bright guy who's in way over his head and who developed a talent for bullshitting people to compensate. And yet he's lionized as brilliant. It's just bizarre. Something seems very off about both him as an individual, and his position in the public eye.

Do you think Elon has deeply rooted M.I.C. connections? In other words, is he essentially acting as the frontman for some powerful but shadowy group who isn't totally aligned with the clownworld/globohomo agenda? Or is he literally just what he appears to be: an eccentric but highly successful tech entrepreneur?

I go back and forth on this question, but I've always found it totally inexplicable that this guy, who is allegedly running several huge businesses, spends a large portion of his time tweeting, chasing skirt and streaming himself playing video games. I mean, Elon appears to have more free time on his hands than your average 9-to-5 wage slave, but I'm supposed to believe he's running Twitter, Tesla and Space-X while also raising twelve children? And when you listen to him talk, frankly, the guy just doesn't come across as very intelligent. He sounds like a reasonably bright guy who's in way over his head and who developed a talent for bullshitting people to compensate. And yet he's lionized as brilliant. It's just bizarre. Something seems very off about both him as an individual, and his position in the public eye.

Of course he's a frontman.
Many of us have been saying this for years.

My cousin bought a 110k Tesla last year, I fought with him told him he was an idiot it would have no resale value and he would be crazy to pay so much for a disposable gadget and not even that just an ugly car with an interior from the ikea clearance section. He's very conservative not a climate weirdo at all, he just likes the newest and "coolest" things so he went for it.

Welp....he knows I'm into cars and in tune with the market, not really electrics though, and told me he wanted to get rid of it and get a real truck. I laughed and told him he's not going to be happy with what he gets, he insisted and I told him I would shop it around. Best offer I received was 44k....haha he's not happy.

110,000 Dollars for a non sports/non luxury car ???

kjyn6A.gif

I would import a beautiful old rare BMW from England or Germany for half that price if I had that kinda money to spend. Even with all the hassle it would still be worth it in my opinion.

Not to mention people purchase Tesla's like iPhones, because they're a similar business model and brand.
When the Model Y came out a large number of people ditched the Model 3, given they are largely the same thing. That says something about your clients.
Nobody is buying old iPhones, yet Tesla can't produce new models the way Apple can, despite how quick they are manufacturing, despite the layoffs in Shanghai.

So best they can do is improve on latest models, which doesn't appease the fanboy appetite.

Last edited:
I would import a beautiful old rare BMW from England or Germany for half that price if I had that kinda money to spend. Even with all the hassle it would still be worth it in my opinion.

Not to mention people purchase Tesla's like iPhones, because they're a similar business model and brand.
When the Model Y came out a large number of people ditched the Model 3. That says something about your clients.
Nobody is buying old iPhones, yet Tesla can't produce new models the way Apple can, despite how quick they are manufacturing, despite the layoffs in Shanghai.

So best they can do is improve on latest models, which doesn't appease the fanboy appetite.

I would do anything other than spend 110k on a disposable flawed gadget. My cousin is a smart guy and a successful businessman, hard to change his mind when it's set on something.....trust me I tried.

My cousin bought a 110k Tesla last year, I fought with him told him he was an idiot it would have no resale value and he would be crazy to pay so much for a disposable gadget and not even that just an ugly car with an interior from the ikea clearance section.
It shouldn't be disposable. It has less moving parts than ICE, and while the battery will degrade, that's only an issue if you regularly travel long distances.

If it's 110k, it's probably the full plaid model.

Unless you never use the Full Plaid, it's basically a toy. Higher speed will damage the parts and drain the battery quicker. Doesn't matter how many moving parts the body has if you drive it like a race car.

Teslas are suffering the 'iPhone' problem because the automotive side of Tesla is worried about the 'next big thing' instead of keeping existing nameplates relevant. When was the last meaningful refresh on the Model S? That yoke steering wheel? Another OTA FSD update that still isn't as good as GM's SuperCruise? For $70-110k? C'mon. How many times can you run 0-60 in .000002 seconds before its no longer fun.

This is why the EV market is going through some stutter steps, but isn't contracting so much as the largest player is contracting bigly. And that player is Tesla.

I as a car guy, again, do not have a problem with EVs and still find it humorous how ideologically-polarizing a fuel source is for many people. There are plenty of good EVs on the market - the Bolt EUV, Lyriq, Equinox, Mach-E, ID.4, BMW i5. My problem is a) this current US federal mandate to electrify at least two generations before the technology is truly mature enough to supplant regular gasoline cars and b) the connectivity aspect of them all.

As I've mentioned before, an early EV unburdened by telematics is probably the most 'off-the-grid' car you could own. If you really want to get 'prepper' about it, find an proto-EV like an S-10 EV truck or RAV4 EV and run it off a solar array or such on your hunting camp land.

Back