• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Electric Vehicles Thread (Bikes, Cars, Trucks, etc.)

Some guy drove an EV car from LA to San Francisco, which supposedly take about 6 hours if driving a gas vehicle. It took him at least 56 hours -- 14 of those hours were wasted on charging his stupid electric battery-operated vehicle.

Full text
California Is Pushing For 100% Electric New Car Sales Soon & This Is The Reality Of Owning Electric

LA to San Francisco road trip was 14 HOURS OF CHARGING

“I took a road trip in their electric car from Los Angeles back to the Bay Area — The whole trip was 56, 55 or 56 hours, 14 of which were charging. How many problems did you run into? Almost every other charger. He tells us either the chargers were out of order, like this one near Bradenton, or his app to pay for the kilowatts could not connect.

Some places we didn't get a signal. If you don't get a signal, you can't activate your account to start the charger at a signal with your phone, you've got to take out your wallet and use a credit card, but we're told that comes with a $50 hold every time you do it. Pay with credit card. We wanted to know more about our charging station infrastructure, so we reached out to Hear Technologies and SBD Auto about data they collected. Florida ranked 14th in EV readiness, but near the bottom in the number of vehicles per station with just under 21 cars for every roadside charger.

Earlier this year, one out of five EV drivers nationally experienced failure at public charging stations and it was a bit higher here in Florida. Connecting to vehicle. This may take a minute. You can already see how long we've been here gas tank would have been full by now. Pankuch is not ready to go back to gas, but he came to aid on your side, hoping to let others prepare if they decide to go electric. Now we can plug it back in. I came because we have been, we're being forced in a sense to drive electric vehicles, and if that's the case then we're going to have to get our infrastructure together. The problem is the ones that we have right now don't work. We need to focus on the ones that work right, that we have right now before building any new ones, because we can't expand anything.”

Some guy drove an EV car from LA to San Francisco, which supposedly take about 6 hours if driving a gas vehicle. It took him at least 56 hours -- 14 of those hours were wasted on charging his stupid electric battery-operated vehicle.

Full text

My boss told me she got stuck with an electric car for a rental on a recent business trip. No notice at all, just show up in the rental car pickup area and there was an electric car.

She said fortunately she didn't need to drive many miles, so she didn't have to charge it. If she had needed to charge it, she would have been having to figure out how to pay for it and operate the thing. Every charging station type works differently. They try to get you to install their app and register a credit card with them, although this process often goes wrong. There is a definite learning curve learning to operate the charging stations. A random rental car customer usually has other priorities than trying to figure out a charging station's user interface.

Also, she is in her early 60s, and feels vulnerable sitting alone in a strange city in her car, waiting for the battery to charge up.

Have a look at the comment on today's Daily Sceptic round-up, regarding EV scrappage:

Have a look at the comment on today's Daily Sceptic round-up, regarding EV scrappage:

This is one of a number of major issues that make it difficult to scale EV to replace IC. From lithium availablity, environmental costs of mining it, recycling batteries as you mention, expense of replacing worn out batteries that won't take a charge, risk of fires, need for a vast upgrade to the electrical network and power plants, lack of range necessary for many vehicle uses, etc.

It's just not workable.

I'm not entirely against electric transportation. I've owned an electric bike now for 3 years and I love it, but it only works because I've relocated to an area where the things I need are within biking distance and the weather is co-operative year round. I no longer own a car that I was paying a lot to maintain and find parking for, and I disliked basically having to have permission from the government to use it.

That being said, I am against the huge, contrived, cultural shift that's obviously agenda-driven towards electric vehicles. All those variables that line up for my current situation don't line up for the other 99% of the world.

Battery technology hasn't changed much despite what today's propaganda tells us. Back in the days of playing Nintendo GameBoy I recognized that rechargeables simply perform poorly after a dozen or so charges, unable to have that same "kick" and capacity as their initial charge. Teslas and fully-electric vehicles all have this problem today, and so long-distance driving and long term use simply isn't economical or practical. Hybrid models probably work best, so that electric can take care of short distances and cut the concentration of pollution emanating from the streets. When power and longevity is required it can use traditional "on-site" fuel-burning methods.

Of course though without fully-electric vehicles, the Satanists won't be able to proceed with their 15-minute city plans, hence all the propaganda we see today.
No, hybrid is inefficient. We need nuclear cars.

Biggest issue with electric vehicles I currently see is the missing anonymity.

Every gas station here takes cash but I never saw a charging station where you are able to pay with cash.
It is all via credit card, fancy car id stuff which needs internet connectivity for the car or mobile apps.

I can imagine protests being organized in the future and the gov just shutting down all charging stations on the way to the protest location.

I walk a lot. This increases my chance of injury (especially in dark and rainy conditions.)

The Tesla has "saved" me a few times, with sensors that halted the vehicle inches from my legs before the driver could even react.

Every gas station here takes cash but I never saw a charging station where you are able to pay with cash.
It is all via credit card, fancy car id stuff which needs internet connectivity for the car or mobile apps.

I can imagine protests being organized in the future and the gov just shutting down all charging stations on the way to the protest location.
Sad thing is, while it seems like Elon is actually trying to do the right thing now, he won't live forever. Whoever replaces him after he passes at Tesla Motors could easily be super-woke depending on how things turn out. Though on the other hand they were accepting bitcoin as currency at one point so who's to say really?

A gas-powered Ford pickup truck pulled an electric-powered "Cyber Truck" vehicle that had trouble trying to get up the snowy hill. Click on the Instagram's right arrow to watch the last video clip of a gas-powered Ford pickup truck.

I don't think this is an EV issue, but rather a general trend. At least in Europe it seems impossible to avoid paying by card, using apps for parking and so on. The only advantage we have here is that you usually don't need a car in urban/suburban areas, and in fact I wouldn't want one if you gave it to me. (just a headache and costs I don't need)

What does bother me here is the e-bikes and scooters taking over the pedestrian lanes, and even forrest trails etc. They get a pass even though it's technically illegal to use a motorized vehicle on those paths. I give every e-biker I pass the middle-finger these days.

Last edited:
What does bother me here is the e-bikes and scooters taking over the pedestrian lanes, and even forrest trails etc. They get a pass even though it's technically illegal to use a motorized vehicle on those paths. I give every e-biker I pass the middle-finger these days.
Interesting... yes, my gut instinct is to dislike these gadgets as well. It used to be when you saw someone biking there was this association with fitness (and therefore good judgement?). Now it's just entitled brats zooming around way too fast. I've had the experience of an 8 year old kid almost run me over on purpose a couple times on an eScooter when I went around to a local junkyard. Somehow I don't think the situation would have happened if it were a regular BMX bike or something.

Interesting... yes, my gut instinct is to dislike these gadgets as well. It used to be when you saw someone biking there was this association with fitness (and therefore good judgement?). Now it's just entitled brats zooming around way too fast. I've had the experience of an 8 year old kid almost run me over on purpose a couple times on an eScooter when I went around to a local junkyard. Somehow I don't think the situation would have happened if it were a regular BMX bike or something.

These are the kinds of vehicles that you encounter on pedestrian lanes these days. They weigh as much as 250-300kg with passengers and can come at relatively high speeds even uphill, where you don't expect a normal bike could come at high speed. It's completely crazy that this has been allowed. (plus they look gay)

Recover AS - Bergen Grønn - første syklende snekker i... | Facebook
Slik sikrer du barna i elsykkel og el-lastesykkel

My license was suspended for a year (not proud of it), so I bought an ebike to get around town. I regret buying it because I feel like an idiot when I'm on it. They really do look gay. It also makes things too easy. Biking is supposed to be exercise, and make you physically and mentally stronger. The mental part is especially important.

I got a flat tire on the ebike and I'm glad it happened. Back to riding my regular road bike and feeling much better.

Back