Donald Trump: Criticism & Debate Thread

If one wants to go down the reasonable path of “well this is the system we have and we have to make the best of it,” there are still strict limits on who a person can vote for and there is no concept whatsoever that one must vote for a pro-gay, pro-choice Zionist because to not vote is “a sin.” If both candidates are pro-gay and pro-choice, which is the case with this upcoming election, it seems rather evil to tell people they have to support one of those candidates to lead the country.

There are third parties and we can help choose down ballot candidates.

The Orthodox Ethos website puts the follow relevant boundaries on morality as it relates to voting:

“Furthermore, Orthodox Christians cannot vote for:

1. Those who are aggressively pro-abortion and support a law which has allowed for the murder of 60 million human beings since it was passed.

• a. Those who support abortion for any reason, or no reason, up to and - believe it or not for some - even beyond the moment of birth.
  • b. Those who want the government to fund abortions, who will force Americans to pay for this grievous sin.
  • c. Those who support physician-assisted suicide.
2. Those who endorse same-sex marriage as on par with true marriage, thus undermining Christian morality and furthering the de-Christianization of society.”

(Source: https://v1.orthodoxethos.com/podcas...d-i-vote-st-paisios-of-mt-athos-is-your-guide)

I've already quoted St. Paisos in the "Why you Should vote thread." St. Paisos literally said if we don't resist evil in the political sphere, our ancestors will rise out of their graves. That means we must vote. I would encourage you to read the links I've posted.

Trump and Harris are both pro-gay and pro-choice,

False - just because someone doesn't support a federal ban on abortion, which would result in even more abortions due to backlash, does not mean they support abortion. Getting abortion banned in individual states is a solid move that cannot easily be overturned, and, JD Vance said he wants to make it illegal for state citizens to travel to other states to get abortions. That would be a great next step as well.

Incremental increases of power to tighten the noose work 100x better than trying to rush for the touchdown. You have no sense of strategy, yet you think you are being morally pure. In reality you work for the enemy through rashness.

which I personally find makes them unelectable. To say this sentiment is “hatred of my neighbor” or “hatred of my country” is the sort of low-level, effeminate rhetoric that I don’t think most posters on this forum are going to be fooled by. This isn’t CNN, and the people here aren’t NPCs; it’s the successor to the RVF, which was a baptized sort of ROK. The people that have been around since those days are generally immune to preschool-level dialectical tricks and emotional manipulation.

Choosing not to vote because "my Neighbors aren't good enough" is form of pride, disdain, and arrogance that is not rooted in Love. There is no way to escape this phycological reality. It is indeed a form of hatred and should be avoided at all costs.

There is always someone you can vote for, even if you have to write-in Jesus Christ at the top of the ticket. But for down ballot races the votes matter much more and often times there are decent candidates to choose from. I see independents win in some states all the time, for example.

I understand the “least worst option” perspective, and why some people choose that route (I did this myself after all, having voted against Biden in 2020 by voting for Donald Trump). I haven’t seen any Saint or Council describe doing so as “a sin” so I would never suggest that it is, even though I’m at a place where I’m no longer comfortable doing such things. But if anyone tells you it’s a sin not to vote for a pro-gay, pro-choice Presidential candidate then I’m confident you can safely ignore that person’s opinion on both politics and Christianity.

Councils of course will be silent on the issue of voting, as the last council happened nearly 1000 years ago. In modern times the issue of voting was not considered important because apathy was never such a huge problem as it is today, however, I'm fairly sure there have been synods which have mentioned the importance of voting and civic duty.

Since apathy is killing us now, I bring up the fact that apathy is a sin to try and revitalize the spirit of people here.

Last edited:
“St. Paisos literally said if we don't resist evil in the political sphere, our ancestors will rise out of their graves. That means we must vote.”

“federal ban on abortion, which would result in even more abortions due to backlash”

I think one of the many problems with your position is your exceedingly tenuous grasp of basic logic and deductive reasoning as a whole. “X, and therefore Y!” is just emotional pseudo-logic typically espoused by women and very young (or very dishonest) men.

“Choosing not to vote because ‘my Neighbors aren't good enough’ is form of pride, disdain, and arrogance that is not rooted in Love.”

I agree! Can you quote where I’ve said that?

I’m actually getting a little concerned that Kamala could possibly out debate Trump. I just listened to Trump yesterday take questions from people out at the biker rally at Sturgis. His only response was “drill baby drill”. Sure that will help the economy in the most near-term direct way but it didn’t address any specific question his voter base asked him. Also his obvious exaggerations on facts and data to promote himself is getting old and not helping attract undecided voters IMO but probably deterring them.

The left tamed this gutless coward real good. I wonder what other leftist policies he will have successfully sold to the right by the time his next term is up.
What?

Anyone with a critical thinking capability can see why he isn't making abortion a major issue. It's literally the only thing the Dems have to energize their base.

I hardly think Trump is a gutless coward. He literally was just shot a month ago.

What?

Anyone with a critical thinking capability can see why he isn't making abortion a major issue. It's literally the only thing the Dems have to energize their base.

I hardly think Trump is a gutless coward. He literally was just shot a month ago.
If it turns out that Trump is strategically keeping his mouth shut now, and comes out in full force against abortion during his presidency, then I'll happily eat crow.

If he does what he did last time, which is underdeliver, and couch himself in layer upon layer of plausible deniability, then the guy is one of the greatest con artists of all time and pulled it over on the right not once, but twice.

I think that he knows it's something that he can't win on, so he's basically trying to minimise it so he can dodge it as much as possible. Morally it might be wrong, but politically I can understand it.

I think that he knows it's something that he can't win on, so he's basically trying to minimise it so he can dodge it as much as possible. Morally it might be wrong, but politically I can understand it.
Single women are the largest voter demographic in the USA. Single women are strongly one issue voters, and that one issue is being pro-choice. Trump needs to avoid the abortion talk, if nothing else, to keep some of them home on election day.

Single women are the largest voter demographic in the USA. Single women are strongly one issue voters, and that one issue is being pro-choice. Trump needs to avoid the abortion talk, if nothing else, to keep some of them home on election day.
Trump needs to just lie his ass off and say he’s a pro choice as possible. Politicians lie all the time and on top of that lying in order to save lives is morally justified.

I believe from my recollection, is that Trump punts his opinion on abortion to just say that it’s not a federal issue but leaving it up to the states to decide and where it belongs. I think this is wise, however it doesn’t win any passionate abortion voters either side really. I think he honestly just doesn’t care much about that issue. It’s priority #20 or less to him.

Lol what a dishonest system. Maybe Trump can offer free abortions to anyone who votes for him and then fail to deliver. Psyche!!!

Anyway, I read DT was doing a rap concert featuring a black man with face tattoos at one of his rallies. He’s going to do a diss jam on Kamala. Maybe that will bring in some votes. What I would really like to see though is a Melania vs Stormy Epic Rap Battles of History air as one of his campaign commercials.

"Abortion is a state issue based on the Supreme Court's decision. I respect our Judicial branch and our States decisions. I don't plan on interfering with States rights by banning abortions at the federal level."

That should be every Federal conservative politician's response.

Or just the last sentence.

Conservative politicians at the State level in swing states have an issue. Solid blue and red, it won't matter.

I think it’s very telling that Trump appeals to Jews. You don’t appeal to Jews if you think they don’t matter. Like most boomers he thinks Jews are powerful by merit and given their success you need to gain favor with them.

What I find funny is this whole “reputation” thing that these boomers are so obsessed with. I’m technically a Nazi but I don’t really care about reputation. Why are these boomers are so concerned with international reputation? Is this a sort of survival guilt? Who cares if people think we’re a laughing stock? These boomers seem to really think white people are some kind of privileged class that should be a beacon of light for everybody else. Maybe these morons should ask themselves aside from money what are we a beacon of light for? It’s not freedom. It’s not happiness. What is it?

I've already quoted St. Paisos in the "Why you Should vote thread." St. Paisos literally said if we don't resist evil in the political sphere, our ancestors will rise out of their graves. That means we must vote. I would encourage you to read the links I've posted.
No, you are putting your own words into the Saint's mouth. St Paisios never said you should or shouldn't vote, that is your own interpretation.
Stop this please, your theory is ridiculous. The Saint never participated in elections, NEVER voted. He participated in demonstrations and he thought Church leaders should excomunicate political leaders who were openly anti-Christian, like Trump.

Back