• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Decline of Functioning Society

Nice summary

Because people are placing their faith in secular things, when the only thing worth investing nowadays is The Church.

If you aren't part of a Church, you have no one to blame but yourself for your lack of culture. The Antiochian Church is flourishing right now and laying seeds for a bright future. I really don't care about the rest of the world, it wasn't worth saving anyways.

Maybe large companies, small business right now treasure their employees....problem is you just can't find any worth a damn.
Problem is small companies usually don’t pay their employees well, and I’m talking from experience. Of course there are exceptions but I would say in many industries based on anecdotal evidence a typical large corporation paid pays between 10% and 25% more than a small business.

Problem is small companies usually don’t pay their employees well, and I’m talking from experience. Of course there are exceptions but I would say in many industries based on anecdotal evidence a typical large corporation paid pays between 10% and 25% more than a small business.

I guess it depends, obviously some small companies simply can't afford to pay too much so yea that plays. Also the job market may be different down under, small/medium business is desperate for competent employees here in the USA.

I can't speak for others but I pay my employees exceedingly well with a laid back family like cushy work environment because I don't want to have to train new employees every other week if I can even find any, also because I like my employees they are good people. I'm loyal to them and expect the same loyalty in return. Large companies will turn over half the staff for another tenth of a percentage point on next quarters earnings because some Jew bean counter told them to at the weekly meeting.

Last edited:
This is a observation and also maybe a question for those of you who weren't raised religious.

I have an extended family group I'm somewhat separated from that had a recent death. The family there has essentially completely fallen away from religious life. This in the US. They cremated the person to "give themselves time to decide what to do". There was some discussion about a "celebration of life" but it now looks like they'll do nothing. No gathering, nothing. Is this what has happened in already non-religious places? I'm a little stunned they are just going to let it all slide.

There are basically 3 types of culture. High culture (opera, ballet, etc), folk culture (old traditions and customs) and inbetween there's pop culture. Pop culture is the one that is most likely to be superficial, but in itself it's not. Pop culture is the most accessible, and the one that does the most to set the tone in a culture.

Pop culture in the west is finished. All there is now is memories, and archives. It might one day recover, but for now it's pretty much paused, as far as quality.

But pop culture outside of the west is largely much better, If you want good pop culture, move to a non western country. The price you'll have to pay is that you'll have to adapt and tune into something new and very different. But it's there if you want it.

I guess it depends, obviously some small companies simply can't afford to pay too much so yea that plays. Also the job market may be different down under, small/medium business is desperate for competent employees here in the USA.

I can't speak for others but I pay my employees exceedingly well with a laid back family like cushy work environment because I don't want to have to train new employees every other week if I can even find any, also because I like my employees they are good people. I'm loyal to them and expect the same loyalty in return. Large companies will turn over half the staff for another tenth of a percentage point on next quarters earnings because some Jew bean counter told them to at the weekly meeting.
Yes. I do the same.

I believe in treating people and paying them well and those that understand they are working for the best employer in the region stay and appreciate that.

Those that don't get it or abuse that trust, get booted out of the door. That happened this year with two of mine.

Yes. I do the same.

I believe in treating people and paying them well and those that understand they are working for the best employer in the region stay and appreciate that.

Those that don't get it or abuse that trust, get booted out of the door. That happened this year with two of mine.
Sorry to hear that man. It always sucks when you try and do good deeds in life and people then try and take advantage of your generosity instead of appreciating it.

But I’m sure you will have no trouble finding good employees to replace them given how rare it is to find a good place to work.

17186582839326431578189421638624.jpg
The DoE does have their own SWAT teams though, so there's that.

Sorry to hear that man. It always sucks when you try and do good deeds in life and people then try and take advantage of your generosity instead of appreciating it.

But I’m sure you will have no trouble finding good employees to replace them given how rare it is to find a good place to work.
Good riddance to bad rubbish. It was just young girls playing silly games and creating drama where there was no need for any. Trying to get a good man fired.

We now have an informal rule on who we hire that limits the future possibilities of this.

One of our stated goals is being such a good and successful place to work that we don't need to recruit, people approach us for work.

Brought a parent to the interview? Wow, that's low.

As bad as some of those candidates might be, though, the employers these days are often just as bad, or just as disloyal.
I thought the funniest one is "used inappropriate language". These snowflakes are super concerned about sexuality and race and gender and not directly making anyone feel uncomfortable, and are too triggered to use any sort of kind of like I mean kinda direct language, much less a direct statement using a pronoun or an action verb, but they are the ones using vulgar or inappropriate words. lol. lmao.

I can agree to extent, recently got a huge pay increase by moving a different company. Going from a large company to really small one.

The one issue that I have found working small companies is that unless the boss is always there. The slackers tend to drag the whole place down, making it suck to work there. Like a bunch leaches sucking out a fat cow. I don’t get how anyone with any self respect just go to work and actively steal from their employers.

I can agree to extent, recently got a huge pay increase by moving a different company. Going from a large company to really small one.

The one issue that I have found working small companies is that unless the boss is always there. The slackers tend to drag the whole place down, making it suck to work there. Like a bunch leaches sucking out a fat cow. I don’t get how anyone with any self respect just go to work and actively steal from their employers.

Can't have an absentee owner in a small company, it never works....

This is a bit higher level than "decline of functioning society" but still points to the inevitable Idiocracy world that we are entering.

The US passed the US Chips Act of 2022 to try to encourage cutting edge semiconductor manufacturing in America (the sentiment wasn't bad but you can't just wave a pen and magically make things like this happen).

The most successful effect was Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co begininng to build facilities in Arizona, at a cost of over $40 BILLION USD ($17B paid by the US taxpayer), to be staffed by mostly American workers (along with Affirmative Action quotas and other restrictions). So far it has been an unmitigated disaster, and many wonder if the plant will open at all.

TSMC is insisting that the US labour force is not skilled enough to handle and install the highly complex and sensitive equipment that a fab requires to make chips. The dispute highlights the broader issue of a global shortage of such skilled labour, including in Korea and Taiwan. It does not help that, in the US, STEM education levels are way behind Taiwan, Korea, and the rest of Asia.

True of course, but how could you not know that before agreeing to spend $60 billion here? Gotta lay some blame at the feet of the Asians on that one. Maybe their only experience with America is in Hollywood movies where everyone is beautiful, smart, and rich. Incidentally, the former CEO of TSMC, who grew it into the powerhouse it is today, was very negative on the plan.

When Nancy Pelosi visited Taiwan in 2022, Chang lectured the House speaker on the challenges the U.S. would face in mastering the microscopic precision required in chip production. Chang has since also warned against the lack of manufacturing talent in the U.S., and how hard it would be for Taiwanese managers to supervise Americans. Speaking to the Vying for Talent podcast in April 2022, Chang concluded that the U.S.’ attempt to onshore semiconductor manufacturing would be “a very expensive exercise in futility.”
the delays and hiring difficulties hampering TSMC's operations in the US may result in TSMC turning away from the US as an investment destination.

They are already building plants in Japan, and are 6 months ahead of schedule. The work ethic, strong STEM education, and lack of fraud / greed in the development and construction stages will soon prove to TSMC management that Japan is a far better choice. What will happen to the US plant? It's too expensive to scrap completely, so it would probably be re-tasked to producing lower priced easier to produce products like the chips used in auto manufacturing instead of cutting edge CPUs and GPUs. Another strong possibility is Apple could purchase the plant to produce chips for its phones and computers. Then we would have the American government subsidizing an American company that (recently) had MORE money than the US government itself ! All for 6,000 mediocre paying jobs (outside of the managers, the jobs are not high level, and are not that desirable even in China and Taiwan):

Fabs are sensitive to dust and vibrations and Gen Z simply does not want to work in them—in neither Taiwan nor Korea. The fact that the jobs are typically low-paid does little to make them any more attractive to the younger generation. These barriers have implications for the entire global chip industry. The work cannot be automated and even China has a problem in getting people to work in its own fabs.

today’s younger workers would rather sit in an office than put on restrictive clothing and wander around a ventilation chamber with clean rooms. A worker can spend 12 hours a day cleaning one small part of a machine to ensure nothing is contaminating it.

At the end of the day, it's a very questionable proposition, even if it were to work: If the plan were carried out to its full potential, a total of 3 fabrication plants would be built and employ around 6,000 people. Now, 6,000 jobs does a LOT for a community, but in the grand scheme of things, the plant will be owned and run by foreigners ( Chinese no less--Taiwanese themselves consider themselves Chinese, it's only American retards that don't get this), and are highly automated. The only advantage to America is gaining the benefits of using American labor, and to obtain a relatively small number of jobs, the American government is going to waste massive amounts of money. And all the corporate profits and capital returns are shipped overseas. And that's the best case scenario.

Some very telling quotes in the article here:
Some 2,200 employees now work at TSMC’s Arizona plant, with about half of them deployed from Taiwan.

Former executives have hailed the Confucian culture, which promotes diligence and respect for authority, as well as Taiwan’s strict work ethic as key to the company’s success.

Yeah, we don't have that.

“if [a machine] breaks down at one in the morning, in the U.S. it will be fixed in the next morning. But in Taiwan, it will be fixed at 2 a.m.” And, he added, the wife of a Taiwanese engineer would “go back to sleep without saying another word.”

Managers shamed American workers in front of their peers, sometimes by suggesting they quit engineering

Sounds like the Taiwanese treat manufacturing like an old school drill sergeant would: weeding out the unproductive and weak, and building a strong team. America only does that for squads of men who are going to go overseas and kill brown people going to weddings: Taiwan does it for their everyday business production.

some Taiwanese male engineers had calendars with bikini models on their desks

Oh, boy.

Sounds like the Taiwanese treat manufacturing like an old school drill sergeant would: weeding out the unproductive and weak, and building a strong team. America only does that for squads of men who are going to go overseas and kill brown people going to weddings: Taiwan does it for their everyday business production.
So you think it’s a good thing that Taiwan still treats its workers like slaves? Would you ever work for a Taiwanese company?

the jobs are not high level, and are not that desirable even in China and Taiwan):

At the end of the day, it's a very questionable proposition
Basically even the Chinese are saying the jobs are. It attractive to young people because it’s a hard job and low paid. Well you can’t necessarily make the job easy you can pay more. It sounds retarded to me that you can spend $60 billion to build this plant but you cannot afford to pay enough to attract unskilled workers to work there. It sounds like the solution is just to pay employees more but they don’t want to do it.

This is a bit higher level than "decline of functioning society" but still points to the inevitable Idiocracy world that we are entering.

The US passed the US Chips Act of 2022 to try to encourage cutting edge semiconductor manufacturing in America (the sentiment wasn't bad but you can't just wave a pen and magically make things like this happen).

The most successful effect was Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co begininng to build facilities in Arizona, at a cost of over $40 BILLION USD ($17B paid by the US taxpayer), to be staffed by mostly American workers (along with Affirmative Action quotas and other restrictions). So far it has been an unmitigated disaster, and many wonder if the plant will open at all.

True of course, but how could you not know that before agreeing to spend $60 billion here? Gotta lay some blame at the feet of the Asians on that one. Maybe their only experience with America is in Hollywood movies where everyone is beautiful, smart, and rich. Incidentally, the former CEO of TSMC, who grew it into the powerhouse it is today, was very negative on the plan.

They are already building plants in Japan, and are 6 months ahead of schedule. The work ethic, strong STEM education, and lack of fraud / greed in the development and construction stages will soon prove to TSMC management that Japan is a far better choice. What will happen to the US plant? It's too expensive to scrap completely, so it would probably be re-tasked to producing lower priced easier to produce products like the chips used in auto manufacturing instead of cutting edge CPUs and GPUs. Another strong possibility is Apple could purchase the plant to produce chips for its phones and computers. Then we would have the American government subsidizing an American company that (recently) had MORE money than the US government itself ! All for 6,000 mediocre paying jobs (outside of the managers, the jobs are not high level, and are not that desirable even in China and Taiwan):

At the end of the day, it's a very questionable proposition, even if it were to work: If the plan were carried out to its full potential, a total of 3 fabrication plants would be built and employ around 6,000 people. Now, 6,000 jobs does a LOT for a community, but in the grand scheme of things, the plant will be owned and run by foreigners ( Chinese no less--Taiwanese themselves consider themselves Chinese, it's only American retards that don't get this), and are highly automated. The only advantage to America is gaining the benefits of using American labor, and to obtain a relatively small number of jobs, the American government is going to waste massive amounts of money. And all the corporate profits and capital returns are shipped overseas. And that's the best case scenario.

Some very telling quotes in the article here:

Yeah, we don't have that.

Oh, boy.

I don't think the $40 billion was intended to buy 6000 jobs. It was buying reassurance that, if China retakes Taiwan and we go to war with them, we wouldn't lose access to the pipeline of CPUs and GPUs. Imagine what a disaster it would be if we had to spend years, in the middle of a war, building a fab from scratch without access to any of TSMC's knowledge or personnel. No new phones, computers, cars, drones. Even if we had the manufacturing talent, and it's an indictment on our educational system and culture that we don't, it's such a complicated and specialized endeavor that I'm not sure it would be possible.

Japan and South Korea seem like better choices for fabs, although in a potential wartime scenario I imagine the fabs would be targets for bombing and invasion. Not that I think that scenario is particularly likely. I don't think China has a strong desire to get dragged into WW3.

I don't think the $40 billion was intended to buy 6000 jobs. It was buying reassurance that, if China retakes Taiwan and we go to war with them, we wouldn't lose access to the pipeline of CPUs and GPUs.
That may be the American spin on the story, but to the Chinese/Taiwanese it is to disperse their production so that no one event can cause global economic shutdowns because of problems with one particular plant in Taipei.

It's not about "Oh no the Chinese might attack us" but instead "Covid-19 showed us the dangers of concentrating production of a necessary component in a limited area (essentially exposing the weaknesses of the Just In Time / Six Sigma manufacturing method). It's not so much fear of Chicoms, it's just the issue of spreading out your production so that you don't have bottlenecks, just as it's wise to have a backup or even an off-site backup of sensitive data on your hard drive.

And I'm not even sure that was actually the American position, anywhere outside of Fox News, which loves to frame things in the "Chicoms are very dangerous enemy" vein. I think the reason America wanted this deal is for the long term benefits of having a high tech industry--not about fear of Chicoms stopping them from getting chips. It's basically inevitable that China will control this market soon, either before or after Taiwan merges back with them.

It's about the US generating some intellectual capital and an area of expertise in a growing and valuable sector of the economy -- electronics and technology -- and at the same time preventing brain drain (the best and brightest engineering minds will leave America if we don't have any cutting edge STEM jobs). Basically the only American success stories we have today are Hollywood films and Tech companies like Faceberg / Twatter / Apple / Microsoft. Microsoft software is bloated and legacy, and Huawei already has an OS alternative out. There is nothing particularly special or unique about Facebook--it was just first to market and grabbed the market share. But these companies have huge economic benefits for America as they are based here. The US is trying to shore up some expertise in that industry. Facebook is not gonna last forever.

Anyway, I don't see the plant working out, and manufacturing will likely move to Japan, which achieves neither of the two posited American goals we are discussing, but does achieve the Taiwanese desire to geographically diversify production.

So you think it’s a good thing that Taiwan still treats its workers like slaves? Would you ever work for a Taiwanese company?
To the degree that it is ok to be competitive and have a system to weed out everyone except the best performers (they way, say the FBI or elite military training programs do) I think utilizing that system in the premier institution in your society is wise.

It's not for everyone, and I may not personally want to work there, but there are those who do. And in return for the personal and temporal sacrifices the Taiwanese worker gives, he receives things you cannot even buy with money, such as prestige (often providing access to a better wife and higher social status), pride, respect of others, and economic guarantees (job security and benefits are superior to the west).

Is that a fair exchange? It's not really an option for me personally so I can't say. But I don't see even its negatives as worse than many jobs we have here in the west.

Taiwan is very close and its people quite similar to, the Philippines. The two countries had similar economic stories in the past, but now PPP national output in Taiwan is around 6 times higher. Much of this is attributed to the success of TMSC. The above BBC article has some background on that.

Dr Shih, now 77, says. "I thought to myself: Taiwan is so poor, I must do something to try and help make it better off."
And he did. Dr Shih and a group of young, ambitious engineers transformed an island that exported sugar and t-shirts into an electronics powerhouse.

Today's Taipei is rich and hip. High-speed trains zip passengers along the west coast of the island at 350km/h (218mph). Taipei 101 - briefly the tallest building in the world

One key quote American planners should study:
Taiwan's path to chip superstardom will not be easy to replicate - the island has a secret sauce, honed through decades of laborious work by its engineers.

Why are Taiwanese companies so good at this? No-one seems to know exactly why.
Asians have proven extremely good at process improvement--much as the Japanese studied American cars in the 1950s and then decimated the US car industry as it made better and cheaper vehicles which it exported to America, the Taiwanese have excelled in achieving much higher efficiencies -- up to 80% yields -- on silicon wafer production, far higher than other countries.

What matters eventually is the yield - the area of each wafer that is usable as a chip. In the 1970s US companies had yields as low as 10% and, at best, 50%. By the 1980s the Japanese were averaging at 60%. TSMC has reportedly surpassed them all with a yield that hovers around 80%.

That only happens with decades long process improvement leveraging the greatest engineering minds with years of experience and continual learning. You have to start out with very low yields, and then gradually refine over and over and over again until you finally have an advantage over others.

Back