• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

If you were to delete the wallet, nothing happens to the Bitcoin, it is still held in the same address as it was before you deleted it. The only thing that happens is, that wallet can no longer sign the transaction to move that Bitcoin to another address.
I enjoyed demonstrating this yesterday. The Feds shut down the servers for my wallet, yielding a "0 BTC" balance on my device -- not a great feeling seeing that. But I did not panic, knowing the wallet is just my interface to the blockchain, and my BTC was secure.

To be honest, I did start to sweat it a little when my first couple attempts to recover to a new wallet failed after entering my seed words. But then I remembered that Samourai also required a passphrase in addition to the 12-word seed, and I had stored the paper with my passphrase written on it in a separate location from the seed phrase. Once I entered all the required info., poof! -- My BTC was back.

Krueg has been talking about multi sig lately just in case someone might get access to your hard wallet and thus (in the interim at least) only need to crack its 6 to 10 word pin to just send any balance to another address. Do you guys use multi sig or would you recommend any?

I’ve thought a lot about multisig. DIY It is easy to screw up unless you are fairly technical. Institutional, like unchained capital or casa is a solution for some people (they hold a key, a third party holds another, and you hold 2)…however…

The risk I think is greater from our own government than anything else. We’ve seen what they can do with a FISA court or a plain ole search warrant. Do you think they are going to destroy your keys before The Great Satan can conduct a raid?

If you are already in the billionaire class, you might be able to win in court or not care. For the little people like me, I will wait until we have mini-script that makes self custodial multi sig easier, or I gain the technical knowledge to do it with less trepidation.

I don’t expect a hardware device to hold up indefinitely, but long enough for me to recognize it has been stolen so that I can use a backup to sweep the BTC into a new address.

Advanced hardware wallets like the cold card let you set a self destruct for incorrect entries, negating any brute force attempt.

It’s happening. Here we go!!!
IMG_1276.jpeg
IMG_1145.jpeg

Zeus: we aren’t going anywhere

Everyone knew this was going to be a wild decade to live in.

Attachments

• IMG_1277.jpeg
    IMG_1277.jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Alph down to $2.10, if youve been waiting for a dip this is probably it

That’s one of of the picks I read about on this site that I actually like

Why I don't plan on "selling" bitcoin for fiat or, to paraphrase Guy Swann:

"Why I won't sell diamonds for dogs**t"

I am certain that there are people in SA that want BTC, and will trade Rand for it. Localbitcoins has been shut down, however, so finding them is going to be a little tough. The Orange Pill App was created to connect local bitcoiners, try that out and see if there are any near you.

Otherwise, changing BTC into fiat is easy on exchanges...connecting those exchanges to your bank account is the hard part. It is much easier to find people willing to accept bitcoin for things you want...but if you need to pay the electric bill, of course you need fiat.

Unfortunately, that is what capital controls do. People living in countries with high inflation are prevented from escaping by doing what you are trying to do. I wouldn't buy any assets in SA though, unless you are black, and even then, the risk of losing them is probably high. In most cases, the only asset worth owning is Bitcoin. Until government shrinks by a lot, and regulatory moats, and taxes are gone, its more profitable to just own bitcoin than run a business.
Both my wife and I own our own seperate businesses that we started ourselves and there is still a lot of wealth here despite all the nonsense, there is still lots of business opportunities here too you must remember we like 20 years behind most countries and the black middle class is up ans coming so they gonna have lots of money to spend and they upgrading their lives, I was at a customers house this week and I was amazed at how wealthy they were, their house is worth millions and I dont think even Europe they have the house sizes and comfort of living like these people do, they would have to be billionaires, they own property all over the world too yet they still living here, although we are a 3rd world country their are pockets of wealth here that would shock you,

Bitcoin transaction fees are paid to "miners."

Mining is basically is running cryptographic formulas trillions of times per second, in hopes that they’ll be the first to produce a value that falls within a narrow mathematical range. The more calculations you can do, the more chances that you will be the first to find the solution and have the right to mine the "block", process the waiting transactions, collect the transaction fee for those transactions, and also the block "subisdy".

The block subsidy was created to ensure security for the network, before the network got big enough to pay for security with transaction fees alone. Securing the timechain (making it impossible for anyone who hasn't done the proof of work to change) costs money...that is the only thing that can provide security. Gold mining is expensive in terms of energy required (men, equipment, ore processing, etc.) If gold mining were extremely cheap, we would mine gold so fast that it would be a bad money. It would inflate as fast as Zimbabwe fiat currency if people could dig with shovels in their backyards for as much gold as they wanted.

If the monetary value of Bitcoin were $0, there would also be no security. There would be no incentive to protect the integrity of the timechain data with millions of expensive computers that can only do one thing, mine bitcoin.

The subsidy is paid with new Bitcoin that haven't come into existence yet. In the next 100 years, there are about 1 million new Bitcoin that will be paid to miners, and after about 2140, miners will only receive transaction fees to secure the network, and no new Bitcoin will be mined.

Every 4 years the subsidy is reduced by half. Last week it was reduced from 6.25 BTC to 3.125 BTC to mine 1 block (~10 min). 4 years ago the subsidy was 12.5 BTC per block.

However...that BTC is also more valuable. So in the short term, miners are receiving less money to secure the network (those with high electric costs are forced to shut down). But historically, the price of bitcoin more than offsets this. For example, 8 years ago mining 1 block would produce ~$10k in subsidy and fees (for 12.5 BTC). 4 years ago it was ~$150k per block. Last week, before the halving, it was ~$500k per block. After the halving it dropped in half, to ~$200k per block, but historically, when the price of bitcoin goes up again, the mining rewards will exceed $1M per block less than 12 months from now.

Why is all this important:
Security has to cost something, or it isn't security. Bitcoin inflation (for the next century) and transaction fees pay for that security. What does it pay for? The largest, most powerful computer network in the world. Which means no person/company/nation can overcome the sheer amount of computational power and electricity required to control it. Imagine if the USA wanted to hold the world hostage by building huge water pumps to drain all the water out of the oceans....its practically impossible, and self defeating anyway.
My Godfather has some bitcoin miners in a backroom in his house running off solar panels, i think it was about 6 machines and they make a hell of a noise and run 24/7 Im seeing him tomorrow will find out what he has to say about bitcoin I never asked, but he says those machines only produce about R400 per month, that about $20 not much and if it wasnt being run on solar the electric bill wouldnt be worth it to run

My Godfather has some bitcoin miners in a backroom in his house running off solar panels, i think it was about 6 machines and they make a hell of a noise and run 24/7 Im seeing him tomorrow will find out what he has to say about bitcoin I never asked, but he says those machines only produce about R400 per month, that about $20 not much and if it wasnt being run on solar the electric bill wouldnt be worth it to run
Yes, mining runs on thin margins now, you need cheap power (less than $.04/kWh), miners that are less than 2 generations old (unless the power is free) and even better if you can capture the heat to use, for pool heating, greenhouse, home heat, etc.

Yes, mining runs on thin margins now, you need cheap power (less than $.04/kWh), miners that are less than 2 generations old (unless the power is free) and even better if you can capture the heat to use, for pool heating, greenhouse, home heat, etc.
The good miners are undervalued right now and will sky with the coming massive increase in price.

Updated Cardano/ADA analysis:

Hint nearing a 1.618 ABC correction with Yuuuge Daily Volume and Giant Market Cap yet still a cheap penny crypto...

Alph down to $2.10, if youve been waiting for a dip this is probably it

That’s one of of the picks I read about on this site that I actually like

Alph high potential Fibonacci 1.618 target correction entry = 0.82 tether or about 80 cents. hth

1714492086418.png

TA probably won't have much insight into the Alephium price. The sell pressure has come from the first ASIC manufacturer, who currently has half of the hashrate, and they are selling everything they mine. Once ASICs are shipped, this will stop and the price will pillage to $5-6 quickly. Pro miners have a much longer holding window than Joe Blogs miners. So this supply glut will turn to shock.

Qubic deposits on Gate.io just went live. They are in talks with 20 CEXs. Next face-melting run incoming.

1000000698.png

Asked Copilot for a Qubic Whitepaper and got this answer...

Here are the available whitepapers related to Qubic:

1. Qubic Docs Overview Whitepaper:
  2. Qubic Finance Whitepaper (v2.1):
  3. Qubic on BitMart:
Remember to explore these whitepapers thoroughly to gain a deeper understanding of Qubic’s vision and technology!

Back