Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

If you have an extra $500 at the end of the month and wish to invest in digital currency, where to research? I'm not investing in any market that I don't understand. Savings account has 1 year expenses, so I'm looking for diversity investment...as long as it's not black.

You’re better off buying a Bitcoin or ethereum etf

In this world, jurisdictions are forced to compete for hyper-mobile citizens, and evil despots will quickly find a dearth of citizens to exploit.
At a minimum, the "voting with your feet" idea is put on steroids, and begins in earnest everywhere all at (roughly) the same time, not intermittently or because of hyperacute chaos. It's going to be funny when all the productive people and wealth go elsewhere, so the elites who still think they control things just control low IQ morons who couldn't figure it out; great future they have ahead of them with no one to do the advanced labor, or oversee the robots, if that was there plan to boot.

The one thing that we need to be careful about, those of us who believe in sovereign individualism, is to make sure there are many locations or over time the best places are added to, not all at once. Michael Malice pointed this out, because if all freedom lovers go to one place too quickly, they can of course all be wiped out by the existing evildoers.

Deep down you have to know that isn’t going to work! It’s OK to be wrong, in fact, preferable, because only then can you learn something.
You have your entire net worth with you, and are fleeing the country. Do you take (A) gold, or (B) bitcoin?
A, or B?

Gold, obviously. I would want to take an asset with actual value. Bitcoin has a price, but no actual value.

Gold, obviously. I would want to take an asset with actual value. Bitcoin has a price, but no actual value.
You would rather schlep your entire net worth in gold? -- which will almost certainly be taxed/stolen/confiscated, all or in part -- instead of:

1. Privately exchange all your gold for BTC in bad country.
2. Memorize seed phrase.
3. Move to good country with nothing in tow but the clothes on your back.
4. Exchange BTC for gold in good country.

Seems to me the 4-step BTC way is better.

@Judoka

Such mental gymnastics should inform you just how much your own mind is sabotaging itself, when presented with things that threaten to break your understanding of the world.

If you haven’t seen The Matrix, I recommend watching it.IMG_2288.jpeg

Last edited:
@Judoka

Such mental gymnastics should inform you just how much your own mind is sabotaging itself, when presented with things that threaten to break your understanding of the world.

If you haven’t seen The Matrix, I recommend watching it.View attachment 11894
Another example of people's mental block or emotional attachment to a certain idea (or many) that short circuit risk assessment. It's actually funny. If we gave the man a pop quiz about going to the border and having a real or significant chance of losing all wealth vs no chance at all, and the man chose "I'll take the chance" there's just nothing we can say to that kind of silliness.

Make no mistake, we live in very trying times. The world's governments are losing control and they are doing the best they can to suppress freedom of speech in anyway they can to prevent people from spreading information that makes the Regime to look like the evil fools that they are. The best we can do is to build robust systems that make their attempts at suppressing speech as close to impossible as is possible. The efforts to build out robust systems like bitcoin and Nostr should be complemented with pushing back against the Regime via the courts. But as we all know, we can't always depend on the courts to actually deliver justice. There are times where freedom must be taken and defended. We are certainly living through one of those times right now.

You would rather schlep your entire net worth in gold? -- which will almost certainly be taxed/stolen/confiscated, all or in part -- instead of:

1. Privately exchange all your gold for BTC in bad country.
2. Memorize seed phrase.
3. Move to good country with nothing in tow but the clothes on your back.
4. Exchange BTC for gold in good country.

Seems to me the 4-step BTC way is better.

That's a fair proposal but I just see a lot of issues with it. Although I think it could potentially work.

A response to your steps:

1. Privately? That likely wouldn't be easy at all.

2. This could be problematic. What if you forget it?

3. Nothing to add here.

4. That might not be easy.

I would probably rate this plan a 6/10. If all goes well then you would get most of your gold back.

Privately…does it matter? You are leaving the country.

For the memory challenged

Buying gold with bitcoin, not hard. Peter Schiff accepts bitcoin! IMG_2289.jpeg

Last edited:
Privately…does it matter? You are leaving the country.

For the memory challenged

Buying gold with bitcoin, not hard. Peter Schiff accepts bitcoin! View attachment 11895
You know what is funny is Peter Schiff doesn't even have to buy Bitcoin. If he just stacked all the Bitcoin he received as payment for selling gold (rather than getting Bitpay to convert it to fiat) over time it would add up to a sizeable sum.

I wonder how many years it will take for Peter Schiff to change his mind about hating Bitcoin.

Last edited:
I still feel like there is no reason that Gold and Bitcoin cannot co-exist because they both have different strengths.
But they also have the same weaknesses... that is, they are things of the material world that cannot protect you in the same way that a chainsaw, wood splitter, and a gallon of gasoline can in providing you with heat during an unusually harsh winter. Spend your time in the obsessive JQ mindset of usury and money and "interest" and "profits" and "loss" at your own peril. You only have so much "ram" and storage space in your mind, fill it with real world skill sets that you can personally control and master and repeat over and over again regardless of society's external circumstances.

The sooner you start preparing for a world in which ALL money is useless, the sooner you will be free from this obsessive talk about the dark world of crypto.

GET. OUT. NOW.

Stop being a crypto jew.

You're welcome.

But they also have the same weaknesses... that is, they are things of the material world that cannot protect you in the same way that a chainsaw, wood splitter, and a gallon of gasoline can in providing you with heat during an unusually harsh winter. Spend your time in the obsessive JQ mindset of usury and money and "interest" and "profits" and "loss" at your own peril. You only have so much "ram" and storage space in your mind, fill it with real world skill sets that you can personally control and master and repeat over and over again regardless of society's external circumstances.

The sooner you start preparing for a world in which ALL money is useless, the sooner you will be free from this obsessive talk about the dark world of crypto.

GET. OUT. NOW.

Stop being a crypto jew.

You're welcome.
Once again -- why not do both? I enjoy organizing my heirloom seeds and sharpening my chain saw while my BTC appreciates in value.

Self-sovereignty is hard.
Hence why Bitcoin will never enjoy mainstream adoption. It's simply too cumbersome and unforgiving for a person of average temperament and intelligence to use reliably, especially with their entire net worth riding on the line. High IQ internet libertarians (who comprise the majority of vocal Bitcoin maxis) make the mistake of projecting their own thinking and abilities on the greater mass of people. But this is obviously ridiculous. The average person is no more capable of wisely and safely taking custody of their own Bitcoin than they are squatting 800 lbs. or writing a great novel. When you're talking about something as fundamental to society as money, you really need something that's highly functional at the lowest common denominator. And Bitcoin ain't it.

Back