• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

Bitcoin spot ETFs still happening? As the halfing loses relevance with most of the btc issued already I really want ETFs to push the price past 100k USD.

I heard that if all of the spot etf's are rejected before April the SEC will be dealing with a train of lawsuits from all of the spot etf filing institutions so that might be interesting.

It's a nothing burger but I don't like how the US government is endlessly bullying crypto with no end in sight. He will get a suspended sentence and Binance will move on. Later today they will also announce another W over crypto, possibly related to Tether:

Really sick of it. Crypto used to be about all about the gains. Now it's just the US government playing whack-a-mole.

It's a nothing burger but I don't like how the US government is endlessly bullying crypto with no end in sight. He will get a suspended sentence and Binance will move on. Later today they will also announce another W over crypto, possibly related to Tether:

Really sick of it. Crypto used to be about all about the gains. Now it's just the US government playing whack-a-mole.

Interesting article here on a Mr. Noah Perlman, who now has a top role at Binance.

He has commented that he is concerned about the funding of populists and looks to be part of a Zealous KYC nexus.

Charlie "Bitcoin is rat poison" Munger dead at 99.

This was Warren Buffet's line. Munger's was "Bitcoin is worthless artificial gold".

Bill Gates wanting to short BTC at $4K :geek:

He did actually have some good inter-generational insights.

But was very much steeped in boomerism, despite not being one.

This was Warren Buffet's line. Munger's was "Bitcoin is worthless artificial gold".

Bill Gates wanting to short BTC at $4K :geek:

He did actually have some good inter-generational insights.

But was very much steeped in boomerism, despite not being one.

Pretty sure Munger said it:

Buffett or Munger, doesn't really matter -- they both hated BTC.

Pretty sure Munger said it:

Buffett or Munger, doesn't really matter -- they both hated BTC.
I don't blame them though. Men from a different age who understood their craft well, and didn't understand newer movements.

Kudos to Buffett for finally getting on the Apple bandwagon. I didn't think that company would go where it has either.

Looks like the US gov wants blood. CZ's deal to leave the US got cancelled despite having a deal with the judge. 4.3 billion + 150MM fine and he might still do some time in prison.

6 more weeks until Jan 10th. I'll try to keep my myself occupied.

Updated.

2023 BTC Bear Market part 2.jpg

Michael Saylor really sold me on bitcoin.

The guy bought URL's for nominal amounts and waited 20 years until people finally came around offering him tens or hundreds of millions.

Then he wrote "The Mobile Wave" in 2012 where he talked about buying and holding FAANG stocks. He made a bigger fortune and no one read his book.

He obviously has the stomach to keep something he knows is valuable. And said if he saw anything like it again, he wouldn't bother writing a book again but instead would just youtube about it.

Whoever is interested in Bitcoin & crypto this cycle should check out the Ordinal Inscriptions and STAMPS with their respective BRC20 and SRC20 coins, besides inscribed art (NFTs).
I believe these will lead the charge in the next crypto bull run (especially the Ordinals / BRC20 ecosystem).

I was looking at the 1d chart and in looked like it was going to take a move either way over the last week due to the Bollinger squeeze.

chart-btc-dec-2023.jpg

But the momentum up looks weak now. I think it will break through $40K and then sell off into next year.

Last edited:
I was looking at the 1d chart and in looked like it was going to take a move either way over the last week due to the Bollinger squeeze.

chart-btc-dec-2023.jpg

But the momentum up looks weak now. I think it will break through $40K and then sell of into next year.
Historically btc has gone up to around 60-65% of it's previous ATH before the halfing before taking a dump. That'd be around 41-44k. Last time it was Covid, this time it could be new flu coming from China...or the spot etf actually happens and it could take off

Back